Mahindra Scorpio S10 vs XUV5OO

Thread Starter #1
Confused between S10 and XUV. W6.
Main Problem is with seats.

S10 back seat not comfortable at all. Please suggest between two. Or any customization of S10 seats

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Scorpio s10 vs XUV5OO

Go for the XUV W6. It is a modern vehicle and comes with all the creature and safety features which the Scorpio S10 has.

Scorpio is more rugged and XUV is more comfortable.
Performance is more or less identical.
XUV is ergonomically better and is having better seats too. Scorpio is all about hardcore pulling power requiring minimal gearshifts. And yes, Scorpio rides better too.

So chek your requirements and select the one which suits you better.

Thread Starter #5
no doubt scorpio drives better and is tough too.
Is there any customization or change possible in seats outside Mahindra.
and please provide some inputs about maintenance cost of vehicles.

Looks like you are not considering the comfort of the passenger enough. Its not just about how you feel, but also about how your pax feel. If you want them to sit and groan with acute discomfort on the bumps and potholes or hang on to dear life at the corners, or (worse) then Scorpio it is. For anything else, the XUV is necessary. It is a monocoque, better designed for highway driving (although not for soft road) . Scorpio feels a bit too utilitarian. Even ingress/egress is a problem especially if you have elderly pax. XUV is clearly a more refined product

no doubt scorpio drives better and is tough too.
Is there any customization or change possible in seats outside Mahindra.
and please provide some inputs about maintenance cost of vehicles.
Sirji its the XUV which feels better to drive and offer better seating comfort too. Scorpio isn't close I must tell you.
Where Scorpio excels is the ride quality, responsiveness and ruggedness.

After the updates last year, the Scorpio is no more the older uncomfy vehicle and has significantly changed with the new, better contoured and cushioned seats as well as the newly introduced features. Still it is the XUV which feels modern and more comfortable by every means.

If your daily drive is on well laid city roads with seldom rides to village roads then it is XUV else it's the Scorpio.

I have been driving a Scorpio S8 (and sometimes S10) to my site for at least 10-12 days a month since November and 60% of the road we drive on is nearly non existent and still we are always the fastest of all to crunch miles even on the worst stretch of the road. Scorpio is still in one piece and we don't have a single complain with the UV (my partner owns it and even he is so much impressed with new Scorpio that he has decided to buy an another one once this one faces a serious mechanical failure). No rattling, no wreckage, no electronic failures or no mechanical issues. All it requires is periodic service and slightly careful handling on the mountain sized bumps. Believe me, my Innova also takes the same road and we can't even imagine to drive there at the speeds we take in Scorpio (Innova keeps us more comfy though).

Not only this, I have even done Lucknow-Meerut and back, Lucknow-Delhi-Vaishno Devi- Amritsar-Shimla and back, Lucknow--indore and and back, in the Scorpio and I have not a single complain regarding this SUV.

And this is coming from someone who has been a hardcore Scorpio basher over its poor ride, seating and dynamics. One needs to forget the older image of the Scorpio and then have a look at the newer vehicle to get an exact idea of how much the Scorpio has actually improved. There are numerous ownership reviews in our forum which justifies the same.

Still, XUV is for comfort and highway manners but I will still choose a Scorpio S10 over an XUV W6 any days because I find it a better alrounder. XUV W8 seems to be a better option though.

Last edited:
Thanks alot members

Finally got XUV W8... Hope the performance would be better than the older version...
Hey Ankit if you just let me know what made you tilt to go for XUV500 but not Scorpio as it will help me in my buying process. Also, is there any reason for you to not wait for the upcoming Tata Hexa which has an intended launch date of Feb 2016. Please let us know your valuable inputs.

Thanks,
Rohit

Thread Starter #10
Hi rohit

First of all Tata was never my favourite as far as cars or SUVs are concerned.
Tilting towards XUV was mainly due to following :
Price offered with such features.
Seating comfort. My family seems to much happier than me after getting this vehicle.
I am still a Scorpio fan, but rear seat is not at all comfortable. XUV Engine is same of Scorpio. I am a bit afraid of sensors it has. But you know that no one is perfect.

It also depended upon my driving terrains. I lives in chandigarh and has only 30% drives in off-road or Remote himachal areas, where to my mind XUV can perform.

I extended my budget to manage W8.

Top Bottom