Help Me Pick a Pre-Owned SUV For Rs.5.5 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
Dear Experts and SUV owners,

I already having a Santro GLS and Mahindra MM540.But i am a Hardcore lover of SUV. So i planned to buy a SUV from Pre-owned sector.(second hand)

My neeeds are,
1) 7 seater.
2) Ease available of spares.
3) Low maintenance cost.
4) 4x2 enough.
5) Mileage around 15-16 kmpl.
6) Budget ~5.5 lakhs.

My options are ,
1) Mahindra Bolero (DI)
2) Tata Sumo Grande
3) Ford Endover
4) Mahindra Scoprio

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Hello AMI's.Please Help me to find a suitable SUV.

I already having a Santro GLS and Mahindra MM540.But i am a Hardcore lover of SUV. So i planned to buy a SUV from Pre-owned sector.(second hand)

My neeeds are,

6) Budget ~5.5 lakhs.
Why aren't you considering a pre-face-lift Safari Storme? You can try for it and as per your needs, in my opinion, it can be a worthy buy.

Regards

Akash

Re: Hello AMI's.Please Help me to find a suitable SUV.

Why aren't you considering a pre-face-lift Safari Storme? You can try for it and as per your needs, in my opinion, it can be a worthy buy.

Regards

Akash
I second akash's opinion. Storme pre 2015 would definitely would be a worthy buy. I am using this vehicle for past 2 years. I can tell you its abuse friendly and holds up much better.

So you may not have any headaches post purchase of the same.

Even my thoughts are on the same line. i would blindly suggest TATA Safari storme for the said budget , however the choice of Sumo gold is also not bad at all. even that is a trusted and tried mill. Sumo would seat 9 whereas the safari would seat 5 adults and 2 kids in the last row as those are jump seats.

Guys, see his budget. For 5.5 lakh he cannot get safari storme!!!!.

My neeeds are,
1) 7 seater.
2) Ease available of spares.
3) Low maintenance cost.
4) 4x2 enough.
5) Mileage around 15-16 kmpl.
6) Budget ~5.5 lakhs.

My options are ,
1) Mahindra Bolero (DI)
2) Tata Sumo Grande
3) Ford Endover
4) Mahindra Scoprio
Ford endeavor is good but you'll get 2006 or 07 version mileage will be hardly 12 kmpl. High maintenance costs. Suspensions itself costs 1 lakh!!!!. If you are ok with high maintenance go for it. Safari storme it's out of budget. Bolero is outdated and utilitarian.
go for mahindra scorpio or safari.
for 2009 or 10 safari you can get for below 5 lakhs( not storme). You can get tata aria too for 6 lakhs!!. You can get 06 or 07 innova too.
try for aria or scorpio.

Thread Starter #6
Guys, see his budget. For 5.5 lakh he cannot get safari storme!!!!.

Ford endeavor is good but you'll get 2006 or 07 version mileage will be hardly 12 kmpl. High maintenance costs. Suspensions itself costs 1 lakh!!!!. If you are ok with high maintenance go for it. Safari storme it's out of budget. Bolero is outdated and utilitarian.
go for mahindra scorpio or safari.
for 2009 or 10 safari you can get for below 5 lakhs( not storme). You can get tata aria too for 6 lakhs!!. You can get 06 or 07 innova too.
try for aria or scorpio.

Incase my budget incressed to 8-9 L can i buy a Mahindra Xuv500 W6 or W8 is possible.?
Maintenance cost of Mahindra XUV500..?

Incase my budget incressed to 8-9 L can i buy a Mahindra Xuv500 W6 or W8 is possible.?
Yes you can get 2011 xuv for 9 lakhs. But don't buy 2011 version because first batch(2011) xuv has defective vehicles having electronics failure and bad suspensions and brake discs.
in 2012 mahindra solved all problems.
Coming to maintenance costs it is low.
2012 xuv will be good choice

You may get a W6 and it is ok not too hard to maintain a M&M vehicle .
Do keep us posted with the developments I am also in a same boat but not yet decided to get one .

Thread Starter #11
Yes you can get 2011 xuv for 9 lakhs. But don't buy 2011 version because first batch(2011) xuv has defective vehicles having electronics failure and bad suspensions and brake discs.
in 2012 mahindra solved all problems.
Coming to maintenance costs it is low.
2012 xuv will be good choice
Thank you manish..I think that sooo...Going with 2013 XUV

I have 2015 xuv500. Still didn't go for first service.
Happy to hear that brother..have a Happy journey

You may get a W6 and it is ok not too hard to maintain a M&M vehicle .
Do keep us posted with the developments I am also in a same boat but not yet decided to get one .
Dear MAximus I going to decide MAhindra Xuv 500 w8 from 2012.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom