Used Tata Nano??

Thread Starter #1
Is it advisable to go for a 2009 nano which has ran over 43k km in its life ? It's just for my moms daily office commute which consists of 10 to 15 km only a day .. he is quoting a price of 75 thousand with no insurance which he claims can be done within thousand to 2 thousand rupees range.. I'm posting the pictures of the car .. please help me decide whether to go for it for look for a new car ..

Thanks in advance

Attachments

Re: Used Tata Nano ??

Tires are new?
This would be OK for your mother.Please take her and do a test drive. 75K is a little bit more on the higher side,considering the price he paid at that time.

Thread Starter #3

Tires are new?
This would be OK for your mother.Please take her and do a test drive. 75K is a little bit more on the higher side,considering the price he paid at that time.
The tyres looks pretty beat up .. he said no problems for another 5k km with the present set of tyres but I highly doubt that my friend ..

Bargain a little bit. Check for any rust, battery life, tyre treads, suspension and any major repairs or body work (from TASS). 3rd party insurance won't cost much. Take a trusted mechanic with you to check the condition of the engine.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Hello Hari, With due consideration for the Tyre(s) conditions in present and the fact that he is not providing insurance so I feel, try to close the deal at 70K. Reason is after purchase you'll be incurring an expense of approx 10-15K including tyre(s) so it is a wise decision in my view to buy it at 70K. As mentioned, give a good look on the under-body of the car.

Regards

Akash

Am I the only one who believes 70k is a lot to pay for a 6 year old Nano? You could get an MPFI Maruti 800 (A better car IMHO) for just over half of that last time I checked.

Note: Could it just be a regional variation in price?

I gave my 2009 Tata Nano LX 2 years ago for 75k which had only clocked 5000 KMs. Its very difficult to sell this car and getting even 75k was hard for me that time. Most were asking less then 60k! Worst thing is to listen negative feedbacks of this car. [angry]

One of buyer was negotiating with me to a scooter price because he wanted to buy a new scooter the other day and a car would be better for the same price. My final price was 75k with a lost amount of 1.35 Lakhs. He bought a scooter instead.

@Hari Nair

Nano is a good car if driven within city but I suggest you to find newer models of Nano. Above 2012 is better because it will be very much improved from factory.

2009, 2010 and 2011 had some issues which was resolved within the dealer service center (recall) but Tata service centers are not trust'able because I had bad experiences multiple times which ended up selling.

Issues my car had: Highly vibrating engine, Loud engine noise, Engine heating to high degrees which causes rear bumper to melt, Rusting in many places, Gear shift not smooth, Clutch not smooth, Fail to crank engine (as if no battery connected but no issues with battery) and etc. These issues were expressed to service centers many times but they either fail to fix or create new issues after fixing other.

Last edited:
You can buy cars like chevy spark, alto for this price. My spark 2010 40k odo has resale of below 1 lac only.
Since it is a 2009 car you may have issues with battery, tyres and a few costly spares like clutch.
Also a alto/spark will be have a better image than nano. Spark is a spacious car.

75k is too much.

Top Bottom