Toyota Liva G or Grand i10 Sports? (Booked Ford Figo Trend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
hi , guys.
i am confused between toyota liva G and grand i10 sports. dad wants to replace his i10. both have quoted 1,50,000 for my i10.

i TD both the petrol models and liked both of them.

LIVA
* OTR price of 570,000 with 20k discounts and extended warranty for 4th and 5th year at 5k.
*2 airbags
*no Music HU but 4 speakers , all of them at the front.
*acres of space
*can you guys tell me about the build quality and the resale of this car ? i saw an etios accident here on tai and the sheet metal looked very thin.
*dad has driven his friend's etios diesel and didn't find any problem with the interiors.

Grand i10 sports
* OTR price of 580,000 with 65k discounts
*no airbags
*extra features compared to the liva.
*less space than the liva , but most of the time only 2 people will be sitting.

we were supposed to book yesterday only but it's taking some time to arrange the funds so i thought till then i will make a new thread and ask about your opinions.

re: Toyota Liva G or Grand i10 Sports?EDIT:Booked Ford Figo Trend.

@AHC:
Although I personally will any day pick up a Grand i10 over the Liva any day but it will be only the Asta(O) variant. I simply love the way this baby Hyundai looks!

Coming to Liva, I'd recommend you to get this for your Father. This is an easy to drive and maintain hatchback with acres of space and believe me; the driving comfort is really very good and long hours behind the wheel never tire the driver. Adding to this, the engine is really flexible, offers a very good drivability, the FE is also very decent, suspension has a very nice compromise between ride and handling and the vehicle may seem to be a bit light but is really very well put together.

Coming to build quality; the Liva we drive here is having the same chassis and build as that is sold in other countries and Liva with 2 airbags has already scored 4 stars in Latin NCAP
Toyota Etios gets Cruze equivalent score in Latin NCAP crash test | CarKhabri.com

http://www.latinncap.com/data/pdf/toyota-etios-2-airbags-en.pdf

Although the Etios and Liva are going to be replaced by their new versions within 2-3 years but I'd recommend Liva over Grand i10 for your father for three reasons:
  • Better drivability
  • Ease of maintenance
  • Safety; Grand i10 gets airbags only in Asta(O) and liva still has got better brakes

Adding to this, you have been owning Hyundai cars for long; now it should be the time to taste the Toyota reliability and quality. You will be impressed by the overall ownership experience; I can bet. Resale value is not an issue at all, all Toyota cars command a good resale value and you can find it at any used car dealer.

Last edited:

AHC Bhai-Please go for Grand i10 Asta as it has better features than Sportz like Alloys,rear wiper.As you already have 3 Hyundais,go for Grand i10.

BTW,are you replacing Santro too?

Liva is a better choice compared to Grand i10. Because it has a big car feel, apart from that it will score on reliability & peace of mind. One is sure, you'll pay much lesser then you're Hyundai when you service it. I can assure you, ask this to any Toyota Owner like Niku, TSIVipul etc.
Apart from plain interiors & exteriors, this is a fantastic engineered car.

The built quality of Hyundai i10 Grand is far better than liva. The other day, one of my collegue banged his omni to Liva at parkings speeds and it got a huge dent and Liva's door had to be replaced.

The built quality of Hyundai i10 Grand is far better than liva. The other day, one of my collegue banged his omni to Liva at parkings speeds and it got a huge dent and Liva's door had to be replaced.
Saarji this logic always goes from above my thinking capabilities.
I used to think that the size of dent depends more on the type of impact and less on the speed. Seriously such an idiot I am.
In fact I must agree that Corolla is built like a tank because I once bruised something at more than 130 kph and all I got was a broken ORVM, some 2-3 mm deep scratches on the rear quarter panel and a broken tail lamp.

Last edited:

I will go for Liva G as it has dual airbags for safety. I own a Grand i10 and it is an excellent and practical car for everyday use but for your dad safety should be a priority so between the 2 cars, you should go for Liva G

@ maximas007 Grand i10 Asta too doesn't have airbags. It is optional. As far as discount goes, Hyundai company managed direct dealership in Chennai gives 14,000 dealer discount + 15,000 corporate discount + No claim bonus for insurance of earlier car. Heavy discount is for i10 (not grand i10) where the discount is close to 40k + corporate discount + No claim bonus.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

@AHC:

Coming to build quality; the Liva we drive here is having the same chassis and build as that is sold in other countries and Liva with 2 airbags has already scored 4 stars in Latin NCAP
Toyota Etios gets Cruze equivalent score in Latin NCAP crash test | CarKhabri.com

http://www.latinncap.com/data/pdf/toyota-etios-2-airbags-en.pdf

Although the Etios and Liva are going to be replaced by their new versions within 2-3 years
Adding to this, you have been owning Hyundai cars for long; now it should be the time to taste the Toyota reliability and quality. You will be impressed by the overall ownership experience; I can bet. Resale value is not an issue at all, all Toyota cars command a good resale value and you can find it at any used car dealer.
that's why it's always better to ask opinions from others [:D] thanks for a detailed reply. and having 2 airbags indeed is a good thing but i will give preference to ABS if given an option.

and like i said it drove nicely. so yeah i can as dad to spend a little bit more and buy the liva. and i hope the structure of the indian version is same as the car tested.

AHC Bhai-Please go for Grand i10 Asta as it has better features than Sportz like Alloys,rear wiper.As you already have 3 Hyundais,go for Grand i10.

BTW,are you replacing Santro too?
dad doesn't need those features. the sports and liva G has more than required features for my dad. i can get all these features in xcent s(0) which costs 640000 with 75k discounts :P let me make a purchase and then i will tell the discounts in details. it will come to 5,75,000 but dad said why to spend more if the hatchback version has good discounts.
and no i will be keeping the santro , we might add a diesel which is long overdue. i think i made a thread last year for a diesel car and That time also TD diesel cars. the santro keeps running without much maintenance so dad postponed the buying plan.

Liva is a better choice compared to Grand i10. Because it has a big car feel, apart from that it will score on reliability & peace of mind. One is sure, you'll pay much lesser then you're Hyundai when you service it. I can assure you, ask this to any Toyota Owner like Niku, TSIVipul etc.
Apart from plain interiors & exteriors, this is a fantastic engineered car.

my dad does doesn't have a problem with the interiors, even i actually like the exterior with the added side skirts.
and yes there was good space in the car.

that's the thing. even though the car score 4 stars in NCAP , the daily ding dangs will spoil the look. anyways it can be repaired. will take a TD one more time and check the quality levels.

I will go for Liva G as it has dual airbags for safety. I own a Grand i10 and it is an excellent and practical car for everyday use but for your dad safety should be a priority so between the 2 cars, you should go for Liva G
thanks for your suggestion. airbags do matter to me as well.

Grand i10 but asta you are also getting huge discount isn't it?
@ maximas007 Grand i10 Asta too doesn't have airbags. It is optional. As far as discount goes, Hyundai company managed direct dealership in Chennai gives 14,000 dealer discount + 15,000 corporate discount + No claim bonus for insurance of earlier car. Heavy discount is for i10 (not grand i10) where the discount is close to 40k + corporate discount + No claim bonus.
like maximas stated i am getting a total of 65k discounts including cash + exchange.
the xcent has 15k more exchange bonus than the grand i10.

and you won't believe the corporate discount is just 1000 rupees.

and thanks guys for all of your suggestions.
there was one more thing , the door of the liva doesn't have a beading and there were huge panel gaps , my dad likes cleanliness and he would be bothered with the amount of dirt on the doors. any solutions ?

Thread Starter #12

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Many days since i updated this thread. I was out of delhi for some days so couldn't discuss with dad about the purcahse. I think he has postponed the plan of buying. Will confirm it tonight.

Stick to the Grand i10 itself for its quality, City driveability, FE and the resale value it offers. One of my friend has a i20 and eon, being a hyundai lover he didn't even think of any other car before buying his elantra. So each and every one has the biggest respect to a particular company they love. So the grand i10 suits you the best than any other cars as it never lets you to think of any other car like my friend when it comes to overall build quality.

Thread Starter #15

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Still haven't decided but after seeing the crash test results of grand i10 i wouldn't buy grand i10 even with the ongoing 70k discounts. It scored 0 with unstable body structure. Liva though with flimsy body panels scored a 4 out of 5.

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom