Most Comfortable Car For Rs.10 - 11 Lakh (On-road)

Thread Starter #1
My parents are looking for a good quality big car which is supposed to be driven by personal driver. So the first priority would be ride quality, comfort and safety. Mostly will run of highways and expressways. So we should not get tired much during the journey.
Total average driving of month is 1000-1200km so petrol would be fine, as well as diesel if it doesn't make any difference in ride.

Re: The Best comfortable car for 10-11lacs on-road

If it is a sedan, then it could be Linea , Vento . If not a sedan, they can look at the S Cross DDIS 200.

Chauffeur driven car with comfort as top priority [thinking]

Get Ciaz petrol or Honda City i-vtec if sedan is needed.

Since you reside in Agra, that means my state; or U.P. and except the Yamuna expressway there are very few roads which are awesome. In that case, you can also consider Duster 85 Ps DCi variant and can enjoy the running even way higher than your average running.

Another option is Ecosport but I guess the tight suspension will be a put off for your parents.

For 10-11 lac, if the car has to be chauffeur driven with ride quality and comfort as top priority then my choices will be simple:
  • Sedan: Ciaz or City
  • UV: Duster 85 PS DCi or maybe Storme base variant

Petrol:
- City (known devil)
- Ciaz ("S" badge, roomy interiors)
Diesel:
- Sunny (best Chauffeur driven car in this segment, even a Diesel could fit in this budget)
- Linea (solid build, with excellent Ride & Handling)
- Vento / Rapid
- Duster

Selection among this will be a personal choice, based on so many other criteria.

Linea - Awesome ride quality
CIAZ - Roomy interiors and MSIL product
SUNNY - Again Roomy interiors

-CARleone

Thread Starter #6

My personal favourite is City with best in class petrol iVTEC engine and Vento with its TDI diesel engine.
If I choose City I will go for SV model that comes with good features like rear AC vents and airbags. It will cost 10lac on road.
If I go with Vento, the comfortline TDI models seems to full fill many good features including 15" wheel like of city and rear AC vents.
Will cost around 11.3lac on road.

If you are looking for a petrol car then
- Honda City [all time proven engine, now with lots of features]
- Hyundai Verna [super smooth engine and good features]
- Fiat Linea Tjet [car with a practical approach, no nonsense, slick design and no extra
badging]

But if diesel then,
- MS Ciaz [affordable diesel engine, and VFM car, lots of ASS stations]
- Skoda Rapid [best diesel car with most safety features, you will love to drive with
DSG]
- Fiat Linea MJD [powerful diesel engine, best ride quality]
- VW Vento [best diesel car with most safety features, you will love to drive with DSG]
- Ford Fiesta [powerful diesel engine, best ride quality]

If you most of ride is not going to be on highway then, I would recommend to ignore
- Renault Scala
- Nissan Sunny

My choice
- MS Ciaz Diesel [if a chauffer driven, also has lot of space]
- Skoda Rapid Diesel [if you are looking for fun to drive]
- Honda City [best petrol car]

Highway muncher would be definitely an SUV.

I would say Storme, Duster fit the bill. The rear sofa seats on Storme are best and most luxurious seats so best even if it is chauffeur driven. I have not tried the new Scorpio 2015 so cant comment on it.

My parents are looking for a good quality big car which is supposed to be driven by personal driver. So the first priority would be ride quality, comfort and safety. Mostly will run of highways and expressways. So we should not get tired much during the journey.
Total average driving of month is 1000-1200km so petrol would be fine, as well as diesel if it doesn't make any difference in ride.
Good quality big car- all the cars mentioned so far.
Ride quality-
Low Speed Ride quality- City, Ciaz, Duster, Vento/Rapid ,Verna
High Speed Ride quality- Linea, Duster, Vento/Rapid, City, Ciaz
Handling: Linea, Vento/Rapid
Bad Road ability- Duster, Linea (because of 190mm GC)

Comfort -categorized as follows

Rear Leg space- City, Ciaz, Verna
Rear seat recline/seat support (vital for parents - I know!) Linea, Duster,
Ingress/Egress- (again, vital for parents!) Duster
Safety: -
Exterior build quality- Linea, Vento/Rapid, Duster, City,Ciaz (in that order probably)
Safety features ABS/Airbags- All top end versions of all cars
Brakes: Linea T-Jet (all disc brakes) , City, Vento/Rapid

Thread Starter #10
Highway muncher would be definitely an SUV.

I would say Storme, Duster fit the bill. The rear sofa seats on Storme are best and most luxurious seats so best even if it is chauffeur driven. I have not tried the new Scorpio 2015 so cant comment on it.
What about Creta 1.6 Petrol? Base variant costs 9.77lacs and then S variant with no big difference costs 10.86k, don't know why they priced 1.1lac more? [confused]

What about Creta 1.6 Petrol? Base variant costs 9.77lacs and then S variant with no big difference costs 10.86k, don't know why they priced 1.1lac more? [confused]
Well I havent personally checked the Creta however, the reviews said that Creta is not so spacious in rear. But thats a good car however its tad bit overpriced.

Thread Starter #12
Well I havent personally checked the Creta however, the reviews said that Creta is not so spacious in rear. But thats a good car however its tad bit overpriced.
People still gonna buy in India because of their one of the best service and after sales. I checked out in showroom. It was spacious and have rear AC vents too in its base model. Interior quality was as nice. The only thing I didn't like was no safety even if someone pay so much. They should have given airbags in all models like VW Vento and XUV 5OO. There was no armrest and height adjustment in base but that's okay.

Thread Starter #14
Hi Eddy, Forget about everything and just go for the Skoda Rapid. The DSG gearbox is perfect for long drives.
I am looking for a petrol car. And I made my mind between City SV and Creta 1.6 base. Looking at sale figures of the car and service cost. Big no to skoda.

Thread Starter #15
How is the new facelift Vento TSI 1.2L petrol with turbo? It is in my budget under 11lac.

Top Bottom