Creta vs Vento vs Rapid (Petrol)

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,
Firstly i do understand its not the right comparison. But here is my requirement.
1. Looking for a sedan in c2 segment or a 5 seater (strictly) SUV. Petrol only as my monthly running is around 600km within city
2. Has a premium feel, build quality
3. Good ride quality.
I am confused between creta sx+, vento high line and rapid elegance plus. (all petrol).
I know that vento and rapid are more or less the same. But still evaluating both because i like the look of rapid better than vento. I have the following queries.
1. Between vento and rapid, which is one better and why?. Both cost around 11.6 lakh on road
2. Creta on road price is 14.1 lakhs. thats a difference of 2.5 lac between this and vento/rapid. is it really worth it?. ( moreover there is no leather seat here. in vento/rapid, i guess they come with oem leather seat in top variant)
(I also considered the elantra and jetta. but rejected since they both resemble verna and vento respectively. never really liked the altis)
Thanks in advance.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Firstly i do understand its not the right comparison. But here is my requirement.
1. Looking for a sedan in c2 segment or a 5 seater (strictly) SUV. Petrol only as my monthly running is around 600km within city
Adithya as we discussed earlier, Considering Creta right from day 1 seems to be a desperate move. As I told let it settle and lets get some opinions on it.

Vento and Rapid being from same stable, part sharing and quality is similar to a great extent. Creta in this respect is a new product and yes well laid out interiors have been a trademark of Hyundai.

3. Good ride quality.
Have to Drive Creta tomorrow.

I know that vento and rapid are more or less the same. But still evaluating both because i like the look of rapid better than vento.
Did you have a look at the new Vento Face-Lift? The present one looks really different from Rapid.

1. Between vento and rapid, which is one better and why?. Both cost around 11.6 lakh on road
Product wise both share a similar platform. As of Rapid, its the safest bet from Skoda's end till date. As of Vento, the recent one looks quite promising. Also, the reputation and after sales of VW is tad better than Skoda if we compare.

2. Creta on road price is 14.1 lakhs. thats a difference of 2.5 lac between this and vento/rapid. is it really worth it?.
Well, as you know Creta and the mentioned sedans are from different segments, so I feel all of them have different purposes. I would suggest if you intend to buy in the budget of Rs. 10-12 lacs for petrol, then among them all, CITY Ivtec is best and viable in long term. Creta will settle in market within 3-5 months time.

Regards

Akash

Since you're looking at a car in range of 10-12 lakhs, I'll suggest you to look at sedans instead of SUVs.

Between Rapid & Vento, I'll prefer Rapid in diesel avatar while Vento in Petrol(TSI) avatar. Both have premium feel & are built well. Both have good ride quality. So its just a matter of what you like rather then what the car differs from other.
But if I was you, I would pick Honda City Petrol by default. It's the best of all C segment sedans. It looks sleek & stylish, it has refined & strong engine, performance is best in class, it rides & handles well, it has nice looking interiors and comes packed with features. It is spacious with best in class seats, it has big boot and is cheaper to maintain & commands excellent resale value & is backed by Honda's legendary reliability. So there are hardly any cons with this car. So petrol sedan under 12 lakhs, my choice is Honda City

Thread Starter #6
thanks a ton akash and nishant for such an informative response. cant thank you both enough.
you are absolutely right. one should not show desperation. even dealers will take you for granted. also, with the kind of pricing reaction we have seen, i dont think there will be a long waiting period. even if i decide to go with creta, i will wait for it to settle down. no i haven't checked the face lifted vento. city was in consideration but dropped it after looking at the interiors. ( and now replaced city with vento/rapid as an alternative). as you both mentioned, it must be the best in the segment. but nice interior is a must for me. one other reason is that city sells around 7k per month which is way too high for this segment. every c2 segment car you see on the road is a city or verna. so i didnt want to be a me too here. hence something different. :-) anyways i will revisit city after checking these three over the weekend.
thanks again.

Last edited:
Firstly i do understand its not the right comparison.
Well, it's not your fault. These mini SUVS( creta, Terrano, duster) & compact SUV (ES) are all over priced, as they are taking undue disadvantage of fact that most of the Indian roads are semi offloads. And once the buyer goes through the price list, the SE also keeps telling that sedan from their own stable is VFM. But buyer remains in confused state as he needs a mixture.

But here is my requirement.
Petrol only
Well, I overlooked this requirement & hence advised rapid.
3. Good ride quality.
If all these considered together nothing can beat Linea T jet. Take a longish TD including roads where you tested the Mini SUVS , GC of 190 mm & top quality suspension gives a feel of SUV on semi offloads and on high ways it is hard to beat the ride quality of the sedan.

Between vento and rapid, which is one better and why?. Both cost around 11.6 lakh on road ( moreover there is no leather seat here. in vento/rapid,)
When it comes to comparison between these two, I have already given the answer as qouted bellow,
Rapid is clear choice here.
Because, almost 60 %spares are localised now and you want some premium feel, and rapid interiors do feel premium as compared to Vento. But for a driver who has a SUV in his mind, both can scrape the underbody on bumps when fully loaded . My friend's Vento needed indisuspension spacers for his Vento as it scrapes on Banglore type speed breakers whenever 4 adults are on board
AFA leather is concerned do check Linea leather quality.

one other reason is that every c2 segment car you see on the road is a city or verna. so i didnt want to be a me too here. hence something different.
This is one more reason for buying the T jet Linea.

Last edited:
Even im looking for a sedan/ compact suv.
Visited vw about 2 weeks back and TDed the new vento.
The facelifted vento is better to look at. The already classy german styling has been taken a notch above with the 3 slat grille and chrome bumper lining. The refreshed vento looks much better now.
And the build quality is really impressive.
Drove the 1.2 tsi petrol and i have to say its really good. A peppy petrol engine with a really slick dsg transmission. The sport mode is even better. Its a well balanced sedan in terms of power and creature comforts. The interiors are leatherette btw.

Haven't checked out skoda rapid. As both cars are from the same stable...there are a lot of similarities.

VW's after sales service is a tad better than Skoda's.

Checked out the creta yesterday. It looks good and adequate road presence is there. The interiors are well put together but it doesnt have that solid build quality of the germans.
It doesn't get the art leather upholstery, gets smaller 16" wheels , the supervision cluster is not there as well.
I found the SXO much more premium with the art leather upholstery.
Now coming to the driving part.
Its a silent engine, the petrol comes in manual only and its a powerful engine.
The suspension is okay but the potholes can be felt and suv tends to sway.
You dont get that confidence when you go on higher speeds as in the vento (dynamics)
The creta looks good , has the road presence of a small suv , good features , its actually feature rich and a has really nice engine (available in manual option only )

But i liked the vento more than creta.it depends on person to person.
And the price gap is not that thin.
I would suggest you to take a test drive and then decide.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
thanks a lot tornado and ajay.
@tornado. yah i heard good things about linea. but it hardly sells these days. hence its out. i will check rapid, vento and creta over the weekend. the final one will most likely be creta or vento.

Thread Starter #11
Sharing my test drive experience. will keep it short. My first task was to eliminate one between vento and rapid
1. Went to a skoda showroom. there were only about 3 other customers. they asked me to wait for a couple of mins. offered coffee (said no). some one attended to me after 10 mins or so. explained the features to. didn't have a test drive vehicle. overall dealership experience was good.
2. next is Volkswagen. offered coffee. (said no). they had a decent crowd. someone attended to me after a couple of mins. he was very courteous. for test drive, he asked for dl and also made me sign on a paper which said i would be responsible for damage during td (or something like that). i wasn't comfortable but signed. i liked the car. only thing i didnt like was the dashboard which looks outdated. final price for vento highline petrol 11,52,118. overall dealership experience was very good. i eliminated rapid. and now its between creta and vento
3. headed to a Hyundai showroom. it looked like a fish market. nobody to attend. it gave an impression that they were selling only creta because only creta was on display. ( 6 vehicles). finally one lady collected info an someone attended after 10 mins. he asked to wait for 20 mins for test drive. then came my chance. he didnt even ask for the driving license.[:)]. i really liked the vehicle. expect for the look of rear which resembles i20. dealership experience was average. on road price for petrol sx+ 14,06,582.
i am more or less sold on creta. (80%). i am still considering vento (20%) because of better dealership experience and the price difference of 2.5 lakhs. and in creta, i still have to buy leather seat cover etc.. will update once i take the final decision.

@tornado
Yeah i agree on that, after sales service is comparatively better..the issue fiat is facing now is that their sales are declining. Hope they find some way to move up the sales chart

Last edited:
Back to Back Posts.Please Use Edit Function

@adithya I am on the same page. I am also looking for a comfortable petrol car in this budget.
I have sorted out only two choice Creta 1.6 base and Honda City petrol SV. Both these cars costs under 10lac on road and similar engine power.

In terms of safety, mileage and value for money Honda City is better. On the other hand Creta is a mini SUV with big 16" 205mm tires for Indian roads.

Last edited by a moderator:
@aditya

I for one, would suggest Creta since we are talking about Petrol here. I strong. While I might agree TSI is far more fun to drive, but since you are in Bangalore, it makes sense to have a high GC vehicle than a low slung Sedan. I knew how hard it is for us to drive with such low slung vehicle at humongous speed bumps.

Although Creta misses out on leather seats, it is still far better option than Vento/Rapid. Reason? Well, for one VW/Skoda service is still a hit or miss, even in metros. Service network is not wide spread, and not to mention high service costs, even when compared to Hyundai! [:D]

SX+ Creta may be a bit overpriced, but I feel 1.6L engine wouldn't let them to price it the way we expected(tax and stuff! boring...)! 1.6L engine is punchy, and it's an able highway cruiser as much as city runner! So in my view it will be Creta > Vento > Rapid!!

Thread Starter #15
hey guys, thanks for all the help so far. finally its creta. but more confusion. ie whether to buy petrol sx+ or diesel sx(0). i know petrol makes sense based on my usage (600 to 700 km per month). but the petrol sx+ is a trimmed version with only 2 air bags, no leather seats etc. i have some questions around the same.
1. will be it be an issue (with diesel) if the usage is low or if the car idle for a few days ?
2. i know that Hyundai CRDI is very defined and thers hardly any noise. but is it as good as the petrol in terms of NVH level?. or can we say petrol is better?. i am not bothered about power/dynamics etc as it will be a chauffeur driven car.

Top Bottom