Used Car Upto Rs.3 Lacs

Thread Starter #1
Hello experts !
I am planning to buy an used car in Mumbai under 3 Lacs & have shortlisted a Honda Civic (1.8S 2007 model) which has covered around 60000 kilometers. Seller has given final quote of 2.8 Lacs. Also, this is a first owner car.
My priorities are : Safety, Comfort, Design
Monthly running: 500-1000 kms
Fuel: Petrol
Purpose: Regular use
Seating Capacity: 5
Type: Sedan

I am a bit confused considering the age of the car & as it is discontinued by Honda.
Please suggest if I should go with it.

Re: Used car up to 3 Lacs

Buying a used CIVIC may be little or more risky if it is your first car or you are trying fine tune your driving skills. Since its a discontinued car a way long back so spare may be a trouble. Also the CIVIC sale was not much so the problem with spare, mechanic may occur some time.

If you are looking for a sedan the CITY, VERNA, COROLLA would be a good option.

If you are looking for a good car then SWIFT Zxi, i20 Asta, is the best option at this price.

Hello experts !
I am planning to buy an used car in Mumbai under 3 Lacs & have shortlisted a Honda Civic (1.8S 2007 model) which has covered around 60000 kilometers. Seller has given final quote of 2.8 Lacs. Also, this is a first owner car.
My priorities are : Safety, Comfort, Design
Monthly running: 500-1000 kms
Fuel: Petrol
Purpose: Regular use
Seating Capacity: 5
Type: Sedan

I am a bit confused considering the age of the car & as it is discontinued by Honda.
Please suggest if I should go with it.
If you are planning to purchase a Car for the first time I would suggest you to go ahead with Maruthi. Because of its wide spread service network , lower maintenance cost and better FE.

For a 3 Lac budget you would also get a car which is low on kms and nicely maintained car with is less than 5 yrs old.

Suggestion would be , Swift, Wagon R VXI.

Also try looking out for cars at Maruthi True Value because you get a 1 year warranty and also free services if you purchase from True Value.

Hi

For 3lacs here in bangalore ww can easily get
Swift zxi - 2006 models
Swift vxi - 2007 - 08 models
Honda city 2007 models
Beat, wagonr ; 2010 model and so on.

Try to get swift vxi with abs, it should fit in ur budget and car is fun to drive. Civic is a complete no no for a first car buyer as spares are quite expensive, used cars always have some surprise element. Most honda car spares (like sensors etx)
Last for 10yrs or 1lakh kms (approx timeline) so chances of maintenanxe issues are very much high. In that case a maruti or Hyundai works out cheaper than honda.

All the best

Hi,

For your budget and requirements you can get Swift, Hyundai I20, Wagonr and Honda City. Also don't buy a discontinued cars.
My suggestion would be Swift zxi and Hyundai i20 Magna, Asta. Both have good service networks, VFM and Cheaper Maintenance. As ss80 said don't go with Honda models!

Honda Civic (1.8S 2007 model)
The price you're getting is good in that budget. There's a lot of life left to be squeezed out this Civic if maintained well. Do take a look at Swift too. A younger used car with less on the odo is always better as moving parts age come rain or shine.

Top Bottom