New Car For Rs.5 Lakh Budget

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,

Some of you may have gone through previous thread regarding used car suggestion.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...09-used-car-suggestion-under-rs-3-5-lakh.html

Unfortunately, could not find a decent used car which fulfilled all my requirements. So i'm in the market for a new car with a budget of 5 lacs( + 50k). H . My monthly running will be around 600 kms. I will also be undertaking long highway drives( 700 kms+) once in 3 months.ere are some of the models i'm considering. Please suggest the best option.

1) Maruti Suzuki Swift : Lxi(o) model falls under my budget. Except small boot, everything else looks good. I would have loved to go with higher variant with Airbags and ABS however it way beyond my budget. Swift Zxi is 7 lacs OTR after discount. [frustration]

2) Grand i10 magna.. Offers more features that swift however i did not like the comfort of the seats. I'm not sure if this car would be good for 700 kms + highway rides. For city rides, grand i10 is no-brainer .

3) Tata Zest : Lower variant of Zest should fall within my budget. Car seems to be very spacious and well built. I'm worried about TATA's reliability.

4) Honda Brio : Looks like a good car. If online reviews are to be believed, this is a great car for highways.

5) Wagon R: Top of the line Vxi trim with ABS and Airbag( Driver side only) for 5.1 Lac OTR after hefty discounts. I don't like the looks of Wagon R and moreover it doesn't look well built compared to Swift and Grand i10.

Thanks
Sumesh

Re: New car with a 5 Lac budget

I got tata zest xm rt at 5.85L onroad after bargaining. So if you increase your budget by 85k than you will get middle variant of zest. XM don't have touch screen,voice command,air bags,reverse parking camera, allay wheels otherwise all the features of top variant. I live in Gujarat.

Last edited:
I would suggest to drop the idea of buying a lower variant car to just get a car in your garage. Now its an era where you need to think on SAFETY FIRST.

Still there are lot of options available in market which will fit in your budget considering and safety for you and your family.

There are few car that would suit your budget

Why Stringray Vxi(O)
Stylish look, good features, roomy cabin, best for city commuting and can be taken on highways too.
- really VFM for you
- even if any member is little taller around 6 feet, will accommodate easily
- you are mostly using this car in city and occasional highway trips.

Why Celerio Zxi(O) ?
Stylish look, good features, cozy cabin, best for city commuting and can be taken on highways too.

Considering few assumptions
- most of people your family is around 5'7" of height
- you are mostly using this car in city and occasional highway trips.

IMO : Never buy a car without dual Airbag and ABS.

IMO, do include safety features in your list. If you stretch your budget you can go for petrol LIVA G or V. Maruthi Costs a bomb to keep you safe (no offense meant)

-CARleone

Top Bottom