Buying a Used Tata Zest XT Petrol (2015)?

Thread Starter #1
I talked to a guy from trivandrum. He is selling his Zest XT petrol for 6.5 Lacs
He purchased it in Jan 2015 and around 10k running.

How much I should negotiate ? around 5.7-5.8?

anybody from trivandrum?

Last edited by a moderator:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Zest XT petrol 2015

I talked to a guy from trivandrum. He is selling his Zest XT petrol for 6.5 k
He purchased it in Jan 2015 and around 10k running.

How much I should negotiate ? around 5.7-5.8?

anybody from trivandrum?
I am not from Trivandrum buddy but still would suggest if you are fine with it[:)]. As car has run just 10K then I doubt he'll settle for anything less than 6 to 6.2 Lacs (that too with hard negotiations).

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3

I am not from Trivandrum buddy but still would suggest if you are fine with it[:)]. As car has run just 10K then I doubt he'll settle for anything less than 6 to 6.2 Lacs (that too with hard negotiations).

Regards

Akash

Ok, but many sites which do used car valuations say around 5.5 k (after entering 10k, 2014 and other details)

One correction: its not jan 2015 but 2014 (month not sure)

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Ok, but many sites which do used car valuations say around 5.5 k (after entering 10k, 2014 and other details)
I tell you something, upon negotiating through a portal or a used car seller like True Value, First Choice et al, you can get this type of deal but when a person is selling a vehicle directly to you without any middle-man/broker participation then in all probability he'll charge a premium. So if you intend to buy a car around 5.7 to 5.8 Lac then you need to let go of this particular deal. Search for something else that's more in-line with your estimate through e-portals[:)].

I am aware of a friend who struck a better deal via one of the portals instead of exchanging it with the dealer.

Thread Starter #5

Did not get you. the person is not a dealer, he is an owner. what e-portals you suggest? i tried quickr, olx

moreover, if car is not 15 months old, do i need to pay full road tax again?

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Did not get you. the person is not a dealer, he is an owner. what e-portals you suggest? i tried quickr, olx
That is what I wrote clearly above in my earlier post buddy. Since the present owner is directly dealing with you without using a middle-man or broker then he has the liberty of charging a premium. Quikr and OLX are good ones. You may check out car-dekho too.

moreover, if car is not 15 months old, do i need to pay full road tax again?
What has 15 months got to do here? Road tax is paid for 15 years and mentioned in RC. Do you reside in same state from which you intend to buy this car?

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom