Need a Second Car at Home. Budget: Rs.15 Lakh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,as our Vento has completed 76000 Km in 3.2 years and added 63000 Km by us in 2.4 years.Now,we are planning to keep this car till she completes 1,00,000 Km and the budget is ₹15L.

Vehicles we are considering right now are XUV500,Honda City,Vento DSG,Polo GT TSI.As of today,still Vento impresses me with rocket like engine and looks but I didn't like the suspension.Its quite bumpy and maintenance cost is bit expensive.But,I got ₹9648 bill of 75000 Km service today which made us happy today.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Need a second car at home

Hi Buddy,

XUV-500 Face Lift: A Decent and VFM choice according to Budget. Belongs to a home brand.

CITY: I-dtec has slightly higher NVH. Best Seller of C-Segment.

Vento DSG: If you can wait for the face-lift one launching on 23rd it would be great. Also note, VW DSG may be a bit of concern in latter part of ownership, the AC Vents are fragile.

Regards

Akash

If you want the best of suspension and ride quality, nothing beats the Duster , especially in AWD version, this side of 30 lac Rs. There may be some compromises in terms of lack of climate control etc, but the engine is as powerful as any and the ride quality is just something else. While XUV is all decked up with features, it still wont have that supple ride and handlng. Also do not compare an XUV with a sedan. While both are monocoque, the dynamics are totally different. The Honda City simply doesnt feel as solidly built as the other cars you are thinking of.

Best Diesel Automatic - Rapid & Vento
Best Ride & Handling - Ford Fiesta
Best Space & Comfort - Honda City
Best Aftersales & VFM - Maruti Ciaz
Best Features & Engine Options - Hyundai Verna

In MUVs/SUVs
Best Ride Quality & Handling - Renault Duster/Nissan Terrano
Best Features - Mahindra XUV5OO
Best Space & Comfort - Toyota Innova
Best Quality & Premiumness - Toyota Innova

So, Music Swift, if you want a sedan, there is car better then Honda City. Apart from Diesel Engine NVH, that car is damn good. Same with Ciaz, but since you're brother owns a Swift, Ciaz won't feel different. Verna & Fiesta are done & dusted. The Rapid & Vento are good in terms of Engine & gearbox combinations but since you already have Vento, try other cars.

Dusters' USPs are Ground Clearance, Ride & Good Engine. XUV also offers these characteristics along with additional tow of seats.

The Innova feels the most premium, well built, comfortable car to sit in and if you're keen on people mover, the Innova is still the best choice.

Honda city would be the best option if sedan models are considered else go with xuv. xuv is loaded with features and has great handling thanks to the monocoque chassis(uni body). If you can extend your budget go for the new octavia. It's a well engineered car and it's not too common on roads yet.

You have a good budget to have a quality, safety, and performance car in your garage.
Since you have a CAR in your garage, I would recommend a 7 seated SUV, that can carry your family trip, if you have a big family or a big friend circle.

XUV 500 4x4 is a best to have, looking in terms of its performance, style, VFM.

ARIA 4x4 150BHP engine is great performer, but the aesthetic haven't much appealed, the crowed, but the luxury is quite good for the price.

Innova Z would be another option, if you are looking for a good car.

According to me, having another SEDAN, if you have one already like VENTO, wouldn't be a wise decision.

Still if you are looking for such car then CIAZ or LINEA or CITY would be my choice.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Considering your running don't even think about polo gt tsi. the diesel version you can but it will be a downgrade from the vento.

It will take some time for you to cover that 100000kms mark and by that time you will get 2 more compact suvs.

Hyundai Creta
Maruti S-cross.

It might change your decision altogether so i'll say wait for the cars and then decide.

For now best option is xuv 500 or the duster in suv.

If you buy ciaz , city or the verna you won't get driving pleasure and again it will be a downgrade in terms of drivablity and ride.

Thread Starter #10
Aakash-Dont want to go for Vento as we have one at home and still happy with it.Our daily run is 60-100 Km if it used by my father,or else about 500 Km used in city.My dad is seriously considering XUV500 as his next car.

Vishnu-Yes you are right,City is also the best choice.But,confused with many options.Father is saying no to another Vento as we have one and said him suspension is too soft for comfort.

Acechip-Duster is no no because my father didn't like that car.We had booked one on release day but cancelled it later and bought Vento.

Nishanth-I felt Honda City's NVH is okay.I experienced it in my friend's City VX Diesel.The reason for considering City is sunroof as I have experienced in this car many times.As I said,Duster is big no no from our side.Don't want to go for Innova as we had one and got bored with it.Every 3rd person in my dad's circle has Innova only.

Roman-This is one of the reason why we are considering XUV500.Don't want to go for Octavia as our budget is just 15L.

Amit-As i said Innova is big no no because we had one and got bored with it.If it is sedan,I would go for City or Ciaz.Verna is also my favorite choice but since 4S Verna came I started hating Verna.

AHC-Polo GT TSI is one of my favorite choices.However,my father is saying no to Polo due to low GC and another VW.

How is New Honda Jazz?I saw the pics of new one and got impressed with it.Real competition to i20.This would be ideal for our city runs.And,considering i20 too.
Jazz is an excellent package, you can ask any Jazz owner(Previous Gen). The 2 things that made it fail are High Price & Lack of Diesel Option. These have been rectified in the new Jazz. No car is perfect, but this car is the nearest to perfect. It will be a real competition to i20. My brother owns i20 Elite and i suggested that because Jazz wasnt there and the i20 felt better then rivals, though i also like Polo very much. The 2 major reasons for leaving out Polo were Same Engine & Interiors as my Rapid. The i20 is a very good package, so is the Polo. Apart from Space, the Polo does everything better then i20.
If you take Jazz into account, its a City or a C Segment Sedan without Boot. The Space & Practicality is unmatched. The new one is loaded and you cant have every feature in the car, so the Jazz misses out on some features (Push Button Start/Stop, Request Sensor, Auto Headlamps, etc). The i20 has these and that doesn't mean the Jazz, Polo etc must have these. The Petrol & Diesel engines are good and it Rides & Handles better then i20. It looks funky, so you can consider the Jazz along with i20. Both are similar, but the Jazz will impress you in terms of Space & Practicality, Better Petrol Engine, Efficient Diesel Engine, and easy to drive characters.

Thread Starter #13
Jazz is an excellent package, you can ask any Jazz owner(Previous Gen). The 2 things that made it fail are High Price & Lack of Diesel Option. These have been rectified in the new Jazz. No car is perfect, but this car is the nearest to perfect. It will be a real competition to i20. My brother owns i20 Elite and i suggested that because Jazz wasnt there and the i20 felt better then rivals, though i also like Polo very much. The 2 major reasons for leaving out Polo were Same Engine & Interiors as my Rapid. The i20 is a very good package, so is the Polo. Apart from Space, the Polo does everything better then i20.
If you take Jazz into account, its a City or a C Segment Sedan without Boot. The Space & Practicality is unmatched. The new one is loaded and you cant have every feature in the car, so the Jazz misses out on some features (Push Button Start/Stop, Request Sensor, Auto Headlamps, etc). The i20 has these and that doesn't mean the Jazz, Polo etc must have these. The Petrol & Diesel engines are good and it Rides & Handles better then i20. It looks funky, so you can consider the Jazz along with i20. Both are similar, but the Jazz will impress you in terms of Space & Practicality, Better Petrol Engine, Efficient Diesel Engine, and easy to drive characters.
There are two elite i20's in our society one in blue colour and one in red colour.Both are Asta CRDI only.Whenever I see i20 I always think i20 will be my next car.

As of now,my father is showing interest in XUV facelift as he needs 7 seater.

Our requirements:

Running-2000-3000 Km per month and 30,000 Km per year with city driving and occasional highway drives.Our Vento has done 27000 Km in last 10 months with occasional highway drives and city drives.

Features-This is one of the essentials which we need it.

Safety is important.

Boot space is important as we put more than 2 luggages of my cousins,who comes from US occasionally.This is the reason we bought Vento.

Now,I saw Skoda offering no EMI scheme on Rapid and showed it to my father.Already missed this offer 2 times.Great offer given by Skoda.If I want to go for Rapid,then it's DSG.My cousin has bought one 3 months ago and did 5000 Km.It was Ambition Plus DSG in red colour.Now,they are happy with the car as they wanted boot space.They also have a Swift ZDI too at home.They came back to India for good from US in Jan 2015 and after 2 months of getting settled in India,they bought this car.

Last edited:
@Music:
My advise is as simple as it gets:
1) Try Hyundai Creta: Hyundai is not a brand which just sits and watches other enjoy the party(like Tata). Looking at their past launches like Verna, Grand, i20 etc, one can expect that Hyundai will again come up with a ground breaking product. And yes, now Hyundai has started paying attention towards dynamics too(Grand i10 and Elite) are its examples. Hence going by this trend, I am again expecting a proper ground breaking product from Hyundai shelf.

2) Mahindra XUV 5OO: Mahindra is one really hard working brand and they leave no stone unturned when it comes to providing a good service experience to the customer. I have driven a new one and it is worth a look by every way.

Rest if you want a proper BOF SUV which is jack of all trades, then I'd recommend you take a look at new Scorpio. It is as much responsive as your Vento is and can take you where very few can.

And yes, most importantly.. An RWD is an RWD, no matter how much frills the front wheel drive kid offers.

Thread Starter #15
@Music:
My advise is as simple as it gets:
1) Try Hyundai Creta: Hyundai is not a brand which just sits and watches other enjoy the party(like Tata). Looking at their past launches like Verna, Grand, i20 etc, one can expect that Hyundai will again come up with a ground breaking product. And yes, now Hyundai has started paying attention towards dynamics too(Grand i10 and Elite) are its examples. Hence going by this trend, I am again expecting a proper ground breaking product from Hyundai shelf.

2) Mahindra XUV 5OO: Mahindra is one really hard working brand and they leave no stone unturned when it comes to providing a good service experience to the customer. I have driven a new one and it is worth a look by every way.

Rest if you want a proper BOF SUV which is jack of all trades, then I'd recommend you take a look at new Scorpio. It is as much responsive as your Vento is and can take you where very few can.

And yes, most importantly.. An RWD is an RWD, no matter how much frills the front wheel drive kid offers.
Thanks for your suggestion Vipul Bhai.XUV seems to be favourite choice for my father.He has decided to buy XUV facelift and gave him another options like Innova and Honda City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom