Tata Indica DLG/DLX Turbo or Hyundai Santro 1.1 L - Which One Rides Better?

Thread Starter #1
I'm considering an used car with a budget around 1.5 lakhs. Shortlisted on Indica turbo DLG or DLX and Santro. Which one actually rides better. My usage is 30:70 city and highway.

Re: Tata Indica DLG/DLX Turbo or Hyundai Santro 1.1 - Which one rides better?

Indica will be the best option because it has enough space in the rear seats which is more than the Santro offers and as your usage is mostly on the highway, the indica will be the most comfortable one.

And please don't shortlist within these two cars when you are in the used car market, but also consider some good old used sedans which will be most comfortable than the indica and has a price tag within your budget.

I'm considering an used car with a budget around 1.5 lakhs. Shortlisted on Indica turbo DLG or DLX and Santro. Which one actually rides better. My usage is 30:70 city and highway.
I would prefer a indica DLG as santro is being phased out so in 4-5 years you may face critical genuine parts shortage. But it all depends on your usage whether you want a diesel car or petrol as diesel is cheaper if you have more usage per day/ month.

An Indica would be more comfortable, since most of your usage is on highways. Do elaborate on the deals you are getting for both the cars.

As nmm mithra suggested, I would advice you to look into other options like Corolla, Accent and the like. Better space, better quality and better comfort at the same price. Regarding the spare part availability, I think all these cars would give you some difficulty in sourcing the spares.

Regards,
Nikunj

Thread Starter #5

I need a car that is cheap to run and maintain and that's he reason I've decided to avoid sedans with bigger engine.

I currently ride a Indica NA which i find to be very slow to pick-up after braking and during overtakes. Its pain driving Indica NA at low speeds with no instant engine response. Hence, decided to go for a similarly low-maintenance car with a better engine.

I like to know whether Indica Turbo DLG/DLX is a better handler than Santro?

I would suggest you go with Indica, especially when you are doing 70 percent highway

Top Bottom