Fiat Linea Emotion MJD 2014 Decision

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I have been looking out to replace my vista with a full-fledged sedan. Shopping list narrowed and finally arrived at three cars (Rather two competition and two siblings)

1. Ford Fiesta (2015)
2. Fiat Linea T-Jet (2015)
3. Fiat Linea MJD (2014)

After a lot of discussion, we eyed on Fiat Linea Emotion MJD 2014 for the following reason :

1. OTR after discount comes close to 10.8 L (Top-end)
2. Matured engine
3. Good leg room and equipment level

Now, my question is as follows:
1. Is there any implication of buying 2014 (I'm really not bothered about re-sale and planning to keep it for a while)
2. Can we negotiate better price due to the depreciate it will attract at this point?

Appreciate your advise and opinion!

Note: The car is an display piece (personally saw that ODO read 87 kms) and have few scratches which the dealer promised to provide all the support to give it at showroom condition

Last edited:
Which city? Which colour?

Dealer is honest it seems, he did not hide the fact that it is a display piece. I hope you very well know difference between TD car and display car.

To know adequacy of discounts, What's the manufacturing month of 2014. And what's the OTR price of newly manufactured car. And how much discount is offered on newly manufactured car?

Chances of Linea getting discontinued are very low. Because 2014 Linea is not just a minor face lift. There are many changes in exterior & interiors are all new.

At the most they would discontinue Linea CLASSIC.

Last edited:
Since AEGEA [may named as LINEA, that will replaced existing LINEA] is due launch on next year, that means within a year your LINEA 2014 would be 2 generation old; which according to me is not a good thing if you are planning to keep it for long term.

I would suggest to refine your requirements so that it will help you to decide to go for PETROL or DIESEL variant. Buying a DIESEL car for a reason you are getting it at cheaper rate wouldn't be a wise decision.

Checkout you monthly and daily runs, occasion on CITY or HIGHWAY ride in that total run. How much would you be able to spend or extend you finance, will decide your choice.

Fiesta 2015 doesn't comes in petrol so if you are OK with a diesel car then a pretty bit tough to choose between Fiesta and LINEA.

On performance both cars are similar almost. You need to choose your design style you like between those two.

Fiesta is more on sporty/agressive styling, where Linea is more on elegant/sophisticated.

Service network and spares cost are almost the same.

Its really tough to choose. Believe me.

Thread Starter #6
Which city? Which colour?

Dealer is honest it seems, he did not hide the fact that it is a display piece. I hope you very well know difference between TD car and display car.

To know adequacy of discounts, What's the manufacturing month of 2014. And what's the OTR price of newly manufactured car. And how much discount is offered on newly manufactured car?

Chances of Linea getting discontinued are very low. Because 2014 Linea is not just a minor face lift. There are many changes in exterior & interiors are all new.

At the most they would discontinue Linea CLASSIC.
The deal is in bangalore and color is Wine RED
Yes, I cross checked that and they said TD cars are given at throw away price. They have not yet registered the vehicle. 2015 Linea MJD top-end comes close to 12.9L OTR and it's a decent discount offered (Definitely justified since it's 17 months from production line and depreciation should be accounted)
Since AEGEA [may named as LINEA, that will replaced existing LINEA] is due launch on next year, that means within a year your LINEA 2014 would be 2 generation old; which according to me is not a good thing if you are planning to keep it for long term.

I would suggest to refine your requirements so that it will help you to decide to go for PETROL or DIESEL variant. Buying a DIESEL car for a reason you are getting it at cheaper rate wouldn't be a wise decision.

Checkout you monthly and daily runs, occasion on CITY or HIGHWAY ride in that total run. How much would you be able to spend or extend you finance, will decide your choice.

Fiesta 2015 doesn't comes in petrol so if you are OK with a diesel car then a pretty bit tough to choose between Fiesta and LINEA.

On performance both cars are similar almost. You need to choose your design style you like between those two.

Fiesta is more on sporty/agressive styling, where Linea is more on elegant/sophisticated.

Service network and spares cost are almost the same.

Its really tough to choose. Believe me.
Completely with you but price is an important factor to go away from Fiesta (You mean 2014 fiesta)
I got little tempted due to price factor but logically speaking PETROL makes more sense to me since i have done close to 40k in about 4 years with my current setup.

I had test driven ZEST revotron and found it to be VFM and fulfill all my requirement. Probably, will drop the LINEA and go for 2015 ZEST way!

Dear All, Thanks a lot for the response and advise,

Cheers
Murali

If running is lesser than 1000 km per month, Petrol is justified.
AFA, resale value is concerned T jet would be better than revotron. Also T jet is gem of engine, will definitely satisfy the soul of the driver inside you.

There is no comparision between Revotron Zest and Linea T-Jet. Its like comparing a basic jet trainer to a Sukhoi Su-30 Fighter. In terms of size as well as capability. The Linea T-Jet is every bit worth the price difference , if you are willing to pay. In fact, it has the most outstanding ride and handling capability amongst all C1, C2 and even some D segment sedans, and only the Fiesta comes anywhere close.
If you like the Linea T-Jet, go for it with eyes closed.

Top Bottom