1. Electrically foldable and turn on indicator ORVM
2. Leather Seats
3. One push Engine start/stop and keyless entry
4. Rear parking camera and sensors
5. Smart key & Keyless trunk opening
6. Rear reading light and map light
7. Front Fog Lamp
8. Alloy wheels

City version with above features costs me 1.5 lakhs more.. with additional sunroof, cruise control.

Mileage: Ciaz is better
Power: City,verna better
Exterior looks: All same.
Interior looks: Ciaz is better
ex showroom pricing: Ciaz is better
Features: Ciaz, Verna better

Please advise
Thanks
Vikas - Bengaluru

I suggest you to go with Verna AT, but highways FE is a major concern due to it's 4-speed AT nature. City CVT will be better than Verna AT in terms of FE. Ciaz AT falls between these 2.

What you can do?

Decide your usage pattern. TD them all for pickup. Check online for mileage and decide based on your list of priority!

Better to go with the city.It's an evolved model from honda and it is mechanically the more competent of the three. verna is also a good choice but it has questionable handling. ciaz is a new model and maruti has messed up models like sx4 of the same segment so it is best avoided

Without any doubt, my suggestion would be City. Because, it has modern CVT gearbox compared to the Torque Converters on the other two. Verna & Ciaz have 4 gears while City has 7. CVTs also have some advantages like very go ppl d response at low speeds, and they are efficient.
If you're looking at feature packed car, all 3 are good here. Coming to Engine, the City comes 1st followed by Verna & Ciaz. Space is good in Ciaz & City, but City has more comfortable seats with excellent support. Light Build quality is evident in all these cars, but light build doesn't necessarily means car is unsafe. Then in Dynamics department, the City strikes fine balance between Ride & Handling. The Verna offers good ride, but still feels floaty even after updates. Handling is its biggest weakness. So, in these 3 cars, its the City which is ahead in most departments. Add to that Good Resale, Good ASS, Reliability of Honda.
So, my choice Honda City.

As Mr.Nishant posted,
CVT is more advanced than conventional torque convertors.
Please check on Vento DSG also .(Don't know whether within 10 lakhs)

Maruti is reliable in fuel economy,even in case of Automatics.
Verna, I think the automatic variant is not so great,as not only Fuel economy is less,but also you can't get the thrill of its manual version.

City - Ruler in C segment

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Without any doubt, my suggestion would be City. Because, it has modern CVT gearbox compared to the Torque Converters on the other two. Verna & Ciaz have 4 gears while City has 7.
So, my choice Honda City.
Are you sure city has 7 Gears ? I think it has 5 speed gearbox.

To OP : Both Honda city and hyundai verna has lifeless steering at high speeds.
City has a tad better suspension setup than the verna which will be good for the highways but if your main usage is city only driving then i'li'll recommend the verna.

For city usage , honda city has a stiffer suspension which will be uncomfortable than the verna's soft suspension.
You get more features and you may or may not get discounts. But i'm sure there will be no cash discounts on honda city.

i like ciaz for it's looks but haven't driven one so will suggest the verna over the city.

Last edited:
Without any doubt, my suggestion would be City. Because, it has modern CVT gearbox compared to the Torque Converters on the other two. Verna & Ciaz have 4 gears while City has 7. CVTs also have some advantages like very go ppl d response at low speeds, and they are efficient.
Dude, City has 5 speed CVT gearbox. [:D]

Do you have any specific reason to use a Autotranny car.

For car in range 10-15 lac AT has not been so successful as like luxury car AUDI, BMW & Merc's. If not handled well AT start giving trouble like late responses, roughs switching when in manual mode.

Please refine your requirements before purchasing a CVT car. According my opinion, buying a VX (O) MT Petrol would be a wise decision over SV-CVT.

What you get more if you choose VX[O] variant.
- alloy wheels
- E-sunroof
- Push button start/stop
- Cruise control
- paddle shift [I think this may remove the gear shift hassle in traffic, for the reason you may buy a CVT]
- premium leather upholstery
and many more with just a little more penny [approx. Rs. 80000]

Thread Starter #9
I need automatic transmission only as I have difficulty in driving manual
Secondly
I am primarily looking for a good FE and comfort in my vehicle

Then style and features

Then power as I do not go on highways often ., mostly city driving..

I need automatic transmission only as I have difficulty in driving manual
Secondly
I am primarily looking for a good FE and comfort in my vehicle
Then style and features
Then power as I do not go on highways often ., mostly city driving..
FE & Comfort levels are good in City. In terms of Style & Features all 3 are good. So it all depends on which car you like.

Are you sure city has 7 Gears ? I think it has 5 speed gearbox.
Yes the City has 7 Speed Gearbox. Old City had 5 Speed One and it was an Torque Convertor.

Dude, City has 5 speed CVT gearbox. [:D]
City has 7 speed CVT gearbox. Here's the link for reference [:)]
First Drive Review - 2014 Honda City Petrol, CVT Automatic

Last edited:
Hi friends. This is my first post. I am also in the field for a automatic sedan and had shortlisted city SV CVT and ciaz AT. Worries about DSG relaibility on vento made me drop that (otherwise) gem of a car. Overall i feel city is the better option. Verna is attractive overall but the AT box is old school. I had almost finalized city CVT when i had a chance to drive the ecosport AT. Now, the confusion re surfaced! Can anyone with experience with these two give me a clear insight? Thanks again. I did not want to start a post just to clear a small query. Hence i added it to this post. If inappropriate kindly excuse.

Hi all. Thanks for the suggestions. One specific point of concern has been the frequently reported niggles in the 4th generation honda city. These include dashboard and door rattles, poor bluetooth sound esp. in SV CVT models due to mic placement, alternator belt grinding noise issues with many owners and the likes. All seem to point to poor QC and cost cutting at Honda.Is Ecosport a more sturdy built than city? Any opinion will be welcome friends.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I think the initial batches of honda city had those problems and any new car will have problems for sure. Wait for any new owners to comment if the problem has gone or not.

As far as ecosport is concerned it is far more superior than the honda city in terms of build quality.

I think jazz and city weight differnce is just 100 kgs so just think about the quality used in the city.

Ecosport has vw , skoda type build quality but it depends on you in which segment to buy. I would buy the ecosport if given a choice between s cross , ecosport and creta.

City will fetch more resale value.

Last edited:

Top Bottom