I am looking forward to buy used "driver oriented fun to drive car" within a budget of 3L (max).
It all started when due to pure coincidence, I test drove a very well maintained Palio 1.6 GTX. Oh boy !!! ....It was very unlike any car I had driven. I was blown away with the mad acceleration & the way the car handled. I was left mesmerized. I got excited by the thought that how an decade old, 1.2 lac (something) rupee car can put wide grin on your face every time you drive her.
Time passed by but this thought remained in my mind. Now I am at a juncture, where I had made up my mind (& did my calculations) that I will got for pure fun to drive pre-owned petrol car.
Now, I need views from all you guys to select the right car for me; as I am new to this territory. My criteria's are as follows,
1. I am looking for a Petrol Car.
2. The car has to be
the driver's delight. No shortage of power, very good ride & handling. It should put grin on the face every time I get behind the wheel.
3. I am not fussy about fuel economy anything between 8-12 is OK for me.
4. My budget is 3L max. This includes the initial expenses that I may have to do immediately after buying the car.
5. I plan to keep the car for three years. No more no less.
6. Apart from 3L initial budget, I have expected & budgeted Rs. 30K per year towards maintenance. I expect maintenance costs in this range.
7. Should be reasonably reliable. I don't expect car to be bullet proof in reliability but at same time I don't want to see a mechanic every month; once in a 4-5 months is fine.
8. I am not fussy on resale value as well, if I am paying 3L now & I could get 1L -1.25L post three years then also I am fine.
I have did some google-ing on my requirement & based on that I have prepared following wishlist. Need help from you guys to know which one would suit my requirement the most. I have written my fears in the bracket. Please do let me know your views.
1. Palio GTX/S10 (not sure about spares & reliability)
2. Mitsubishi Cedia (not sure if my budget is enough for well maintained car also don't know if maintenance cost would be higher than my budget of Rs. 30K per year)
3. Fiat Linea T-Jet (will be tough to find one in my budget)
4. Fiesta 1.6 (Haven't driven yet, not sure if it can match FTD factor of GTX or Cedia)
5. Honda Civic (same fears as that of Cedia+GC is an issue)
I have tried to outline my situation best possible I could. Please drop in with your views. Obviously, you are always welcome to suggest me fresh option that exists & I haven't considered yet.
This is 3 am in the morning & I am posting this thread; you can easily judge how excited I am.
Looking forward to your replies.