Car For Someone 205 cm Tall?

Thread Starter #1
Hi,
I am new to this discussion board so please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong place.

I have been looking for a new car and recently tried out the Ertiga but found the lack of legspace is causing my legs to touch the dashboard and traffic lights are not visible. I faced the same problema in Swift Dzire too.

My budget is upto 8 lakhs and I am interested in VW Polo as I heard it has a good legspace.

Please guide me to a proper car.
Regards

That's a really tall height buddy and I am doubtful if there are much cars which will suit you.
Going by my personal experience; it should be a Hyundai i20 or Honda Amaze that can fit you comfortably, all other will feel cramped for you.
Another than these is the Toyota Liva 1.5 that is spacious as well as pocket rocket.

Last edited:
Hello mr. Rohan, first of all welcome to TAI. Now talking about the car required by you I see that not many cars will be able to suit you. So I need some priorities from you, do you need a good looking dashboard, exterior? Do you need a stylish car? If no then there is Etios , will it be driven by you? If yes then both the cars Im naming will disappoint you. AS a better drivers I car will suggest you nissan sunny. The car has a lot of legroom and will suit you. Also the mid variant is nicely equipped too now. If not then look at Etios. Im sorry my friend but only these to cars are there which suit your requirements. BTW, whoever told you that Polo has good legroom is WRONG! The car has very less legroom and my being nearly 6.0 feet can't FIT my legs in the rear seat.

That's a really tall height buddy and I am doubtful if there are much cars which will suit you.
Going by my personal experience; it should be a Hyundai i20 or Honda Amaze that can fit you comfortably, all other will feel cramped for you.
DAMNIT MAN! You beat my answer by 2 minutes! Although i must say that even Sunny and Etios have good legroom.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hello Rohan, With your height, the car that you may choose should have good ingress/egress and head room along with leg space. I feel in terms of leg space Nissan Sunny is fitting well. In hatchbacks I feel it would be difficult to suggest based on your needs buddy.

Regards

Akash

@Rohan:
If you can stretch above 8 lac, then definitely the caaaaaar is worth a look. But my recommendation will be an Ecosport only if you can go till 9 lac. It offers a fantastic front seat experience, will offer easy ingress and egress to you as the doors are really big and tall and the rear seat will still have the space to fit a five footer after your seat will be pushed to extreme back.

Sedan: Ciaz petrol can also be bought for 9 lac as much I remember and that's simply an unbeatable package.

So my recommendations go this way:
Under 8 lac: Toyota Etios/ Liva, i20 (Remember: Toyota Etios current model is nearing its end with newer one coming in 2016-17)
Above 8 lac: Ford Ecosport or Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.

Thread Starter #7
Thanks for all the kind replies.

Both Ritz and Ecosport sound lovely.

I will definitely give the Ecosport a try, if it fits well then it will be money well spent

@Rohan:
Going by your height, I guess that you will face issues in any low slung sedan or hatchback.
Instead of Ritz, I'd personally recommend you to try out new i20 elite, I've had a good experience with the car and I am around 5'11". With me seated there was more than enough space left for stretching, hence I believe that it can easily fit you.
IMO give a try to a spacious and slightly tall (i20 is definitely tall and wide) hatchback or a compact SUV and you will have a happy ownership.

I'm not sure whether this will help or not.
Have you tried the WagonR?
it is a tall boy design, better seating than Ritz, but on the performance side, you might be disappointed.
WagonR seating position is high with good leg room, knee room and head room.

Thread Starter #11
it is a tall boy design, better seating than Ritz, but on the performance side, you might be disappointed.
My dad owns a 10-11 year old wagon r right now.
Too bad I grew 3 inches since it was purchased.

I would beg to differ with that. I have a 2011 Wagon R Vxi as well at home, the Ritz is way more comfortable than the Wagon R. Be it ride, quality of interiors, performance, handling. The only where the Waggy feels better is lighter steering than the Ritz which helps in city. The seats are more cushioned in the Ritz and are placed pretty high. The Zxi comes with seat and steering height adjust, so finding a suitable seating position is easy.

Would definitely give the stingray a try.
No need to, its just a modded WagonR. My suggestion would be that you go into the used market. As i checked today there are plenty of Sunny's being sold for the price of 8 lac or in the whereabouts. Do reply as to what do you think of my suggestion.

Top Bottom