Vento TSI DSG vs City CVT

Thread Starter #1
Guys, need help please. I am plannning to buy an automatic sedan under 13lakhs on-road price. My priority is performance. I have shorlisted the City CVT and Vento TSI DSG. Is the 145Nm Torque on the city sufficient to pull 5 members and give good performance or shall I go with Vento TSI DSG? Should I consider diesel sedans too or Petrol is sufficient for more performance even under fully loaded conditions? Which car would be more delightful to drive in city and highway conditions? I have seen City CVT has little more efficiency than Vento TSI but under hard accelerations which car would give more fuel efficiency? Please help. Thanks in advance.

Thread Starter #4
But DSG gets a TipTronic function which is equivalent to Paddle shifts right ?.

My father has changed his mind and fixed to go for Petrol only. So shall I go with Vento TSI? But City is more equipped and has more fuel efficiency and has good exterior looks. Could you rate (on a 10 scale) the performance both CVT and DSG of these cars so that I will finally decide if it is ok to sacrifice the performance (if the difference is little) for the facilities and the efficiency or if the performace difference is more I will go with the Vento.
Please do rate on 10-scale when the car is fully loaded and while in city and highway if possible. Thanks a ton in advance.[:)]

On performance aspect , In terms of power i would give vento-9/10
City- 7/10
City use- As the name says it City.(Fuel economy is O K to manage with)

Comfort and Luxuries- City scores better 10/10
Built- Surely Volkswagen.

If you are going with a value oriented car then go with city as maintenance is also moderate.

Suggest the Vento TSI - No other car in this segment can beat this in sheer performance and built quality .

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
On performance aspect , In terms of power i would give vento-9/10
City- 7/10
City use- As the name says it City.(Fuel economy is O K to manage with)

Comfort and Luxuries- City scores better 10/10
Built- Surely Volkswagen.

If you are going with a value oriented car then go with city as maintenance is also moderate.
Thank you VishnuCarCrazy TSIVipul and vm2011 for the valuable replies! I have decided to go with Vento TSI DSG. [clap]

Don't know whether vento has paddle shifts,if it has it will be best in class.
Believe me DSG without paddle shift is bit cumbersome.
But DSG is powerful of the lot.
No sirji, the Vento doesn't come with paddle shifts but I am shocked to see you say that the DSG is cumbersome without paddles! Sirji, you are talking about one of the worlds fastest shifting auto trannys.

Thank you VishnuCarCrazy TSIVipul and vm2011 for the valuable replies! I have decided to go with Vento TSI DSG. [clap]
Awesome choice brother, do tell in which colour are you getting it in. My having sat in one of our family friends Vento TSI auto can vouch for the fact that you are surely going to have quite a bit of fun with the car. Congrats once more.

MR.Carloverjosh

What i meant by cumbersome,was when switched to manual it acts as semi automatic,we can't shift unless rpm 6k, This is on basis of my friend's comment and autocar india POLO dsg review.
If paddle shift was there it would have been much more simpler.

Thread Starter #10
No sirji, the Vento doesn't come with paddle shifts but I am shocked to see you say that the DSG is cumbersome without paddles! Sirji, you are talking about one of the worlds fastest shifting auto trannys.

Awesome choice brother, do tell in which colour are you getting it in. My having sat in one of our family friends Vento TSI auto can vouch for the fact that you are surely going to have quite a bit of fun with the car. Congrats once more.
White colour. I find white colour more elegant for this car [:D]

MR.Carloverjosh

What i meant by cumbersome,was when switched to manual it acts as semi automatic,we can't shift unless rpm 6k, This is on basis of my friend's comment and autocar india POLO dsg review.
If paddle shift was there it would have been much more simpler.
I apologise for my mistake, you are right.

White colour. I find white colour more elegant for this car [:D]
Im sorry to say brother but bad choice! Our family friend has a 1.6 MPI Vento in white and let me tell you it hides all the classic lines and curves. The car looks very ugly and dull. Bro, please choose another colour. Any other colour will look much better than white, I have a personal experience with the Vento in white and can tell you it looks really bad compared to when you see it for e.g.- in Blue, in the new Copper shade, in black etc. Please, think over it.

Volkswagen though offers a service interval of 15k,maintenance will be costly keep in mind .
Not really, depends on how you see it. i own a VW since the last 4 years and do not see a spike in service charge as speculated.
But if you compare to the Mass cars like Hyundai and Maruti it would seem a tad on the higher side but is compensated for the ride and true satisfaction while driving the car.

Thread Starter #14
I apologise for my mistake, you are right.

Im sorry to say brother but bad choice! Our family friend has a 1.6 MPI Vento in white and let me tell you it hides all the classic lines and curves. The car looks very ugly and dull. Bro, please choose another colour. Any other colour will look much better than white, I have a personal experience with the Vento in white and can tell you it looks really bad compared to when you see it for e.g.- in Blue, in the new Copper shade, in black etc. Please, think over it.
Okay buddy, while re-think over it. It might take a few days to a week to buy the car. I will take your suggestion and consider Night Blue or Toffe Brown.

Okay buddy, while re-think over it. It might take a few days to a week to buy the car. I will take your suggestion and consider Night Blue or Toffe Brown.

On Road Night Blue has better appeal, nut in show room it will be the toffee brown that looks smashing.

White is neutral and elegant and will be easy to maintain.

Top Bottom