Volkswagen Jetta 2015 Highline or Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSi. Which One Do I Go For?

Octavia 1.8 TSi or New 2015 Jetta Highline for chauffeur driven comfort?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Hello All,
I have a Vento and a 7 years old City ZX. I am thinking of replacing the City and aspire to own something from the segment above.

I have narrowed it down to either the Octavia 1.8 TSi (the only Octavia with the multi-link rear suspension) or the new 2015 Jetta.

Which one has the better rear seat? Does the 1.8 TSi Octavia ride just as well as the Jetta over broken roads?

What kind of mileage would I get in the city with the Jetta & Octavia? Which has better NVH?

Please help me to decide.

Re: Facelifted 2015 Jetta Highline or Octavia 1.8 TSi, which one do I go for?

First of all More ASS network with Volkswagen.
Maintenance cost moreover similar.

Performance aspect - 2.0 DSG TDI- What else needed

Hello All,
I have a Vento and a 7 years old City ZX. I am thinking of replacing the City and aspire to own something from the segment above.

I have narrowed it down to either the Octavia 1.8 TSi (the only Octavia with the multi-link rear suspension) or the new 2015 Jetta.

Which one has the better rear seat? Does the 1.8 TSi Octavia ride just as well as the Jetta over broken roads?

What kind of mileage would I get in the city with the Jetta & Octavia? Which has better NVH?

Bet on Octavia undoubtedly. It’s on the world renowned MQB platform – more refined, agile and great fuel economy. I test drove my friend’s Octavia and seriously loved the drive experience. Ironically Whatcar supports Octavia against the competition Jetta and Corolla.[:)]

One humble suggestion,go for Jetta.I had a ride in my friends Jetta HL DSG 2014 version and boy I was impressed with this car.He bought Jetta over Octavia at that time due to poor Skoda A.S.S in our city.

Both the cars belong to one giant family, its just that they further got divided. LOL.
Well, if ride quality is your prime concern, then you should look for Jetta. Its undoubtedly a very well rounded package and you can count on their after sales service. The new updated Jetta has everything you need, so my vote goes for the Jetta.

Last edited:
I went for 2015 Jetta HL AT. No regrets. I would suggest you to do the same. Drove about 2000 kms. Two highway trips and I got a overall mileage of 18kpl. Also, there are reports about rattles from Octavia.

Hi all, Skoda Octavia anytime bro. It has amazing power and a very smooth drive. Plus, the new Zeal Edition with Alcantara seats looks super cool.[:)]

The 1.8 tsi s rear suspension is better than the jetta s . And the refinement of the 1.8tsi is something else. The looks and feature list is also a big thing to consider here. If the waiting period is not toooo long the tsi is the one to get. Atleast thats what I would get

Hello All,

Good that you're looking at a Executive Sedan. The 2 cars you have shortlisted are the best in the class. No car comes close to them.

Rear Seat Comfort is better in Jetta, but space is better in Octavia(Because of Long Wheelbase) but the difference is marginal. So I will vote for Jetta in terms of backseat experience.

Ride quality is again better in Jetta, but Octavia matches it especially the one with Multilink setup(1.8 TSi).

In terms of FE, the Jetta(City - 12, Highway - 18) is efficient because its a diesel and Octavia(City - 9, Highway - 14) 1.8 TSi is petrol.

Speaking of NVH, Jetta is better compared to Octavia. We have Jetta with us which Dad owns & drives and is the most marvellous choice we made when buying it. No complaints, troubles, niggles. Its been absolute pleasure to own it since 4 years. I think if you want Diesel, go for Jetta. Petrol then Octavia makes sense.

Last edited:
If Petrol then Octavia 1.8Tsi else if its Diesel then Jetta. I would personally prefer Octavia over Jetta if its gonna be self driven most of the time. I regard Jetta as a better family car (read comfortable) than Octavia.

The 1.8 tsi s rear suspension is better than the jetta s . And the refinement of the 1.8tsi is something else. The looks and feature list is also a big thing to consider here. If the waiting period is not toooo long the tsi is the one to get. Atleast thats what I would get
First of all, the 1.8 TSI and the Jetta 2.0 TDI use the same suspension. The refinement is actually a bit less in the Octy because it sounds like more of an enthusiasts car rather than an executive sedan and you will always be able to hear the sport engine and the turbo whistle. Personally i love the looks of the Jetta over the Octy because Octy just looks to much like a Rapid!

Good that you're looking at a Executive Sedan. The 2 cars you have shortlisted are the best in the class. No car comes close to them.

Rear Seat Comfort is better in Jetta, but space is better in Octavia(Because of Long Wheelbase) but the difference is marginal. So I will vote for Jetta in terms of backseat experience.

Ride quality is again better in Jetta, but Octavia matches it especially the one with Multilink setup(1.8 TSi).

In terms of FE, the Jetta(City - 12, Highway - 18) is efficient because its a diesel and Octavia(City - 9, Highway - 14) 1.8 TSi is petrol.

Speaking of NVH, Jetta is better compared to Octavia. We have Jetta with us which Dad owns & drives and is the most marvellous choice we made when buying it. No complaints, troubles, niggles. Its been absolute pleasure to own it since 4 years. I think if you want Diesel, go for Jetta. Petrol then Octavia makes sense.
Very well said sir, I agree with all your points. +1 to all of them ( BTW, you just stole my answer :biggrin:)

Last edited:
Hi,
I am adding to an old post instead of creating a new one.

How does the mileage of Octavia Diesel AT compare with Octavia Diesel Manual.
Compared with Jetta AT?

I am looking for a car just like Octavia but my brother has Octavia so I dont mind something different, but we both love the Octavia.

I had checked last year and Jetta was still selling its old model. From what I have read they have renewed the model right?

How does the mileage of Octavia Diesel AT compare with Octavia Diesel Manual.
Compared with Jetta AT?

I am looking for a car just like Octavia but my brother has Octavia so I dont mind something different, but we both love the Octavia.

I had checked last year and Jetta was still selling its old model. From what I have read they have renewed the model right?
Firstly Welcome to TAI.

Now, the mileage purely depends upon driving style. In this case, the manual will return around 1-1.5 kmpl higher then Automatic.

If you're brother already has a Octavia, what's the point in buying another one ? Instead lol at other options.

Yes, Jetta was recently facelifted though the basic shape is same as in 2011. That shouldn't be a problem in case you're considering one. Overall Jetta & Octavia are the best cars in the segment and in case you want the difference between the two, you can view my previous post of this thread.

Top Bottom