Help Buying Maruti Alto K10 CNG

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,

Came back to the forum after a very long time, need your help guys.

My father is planning to buy an Alto K10 CNG, I am from Bareilly in UP and we have two showroom's here, the quotes are:

1. 4,51,000
2. 4,49,500

Both are giving 8,000 Cash discount, but the thing is I saw 15K cash discount on this link
Car Discount Schemes & Offers in April 2015. Best Car Deals

Would like to know the link is not an official one, but how to confirm how much discount is there on a particular model and how to juice the salesman to give that amount of discount because they are not giving any further discount.

Please help.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Help buying Alto K10 CNG

Dear buddy,

Of the 2 showrooms, one would be Coral Motors next to Swarn Towers near Railway Station and other one if I am right would be in CB Ganj. The link shared by you is not official. It does not show official discounts. Moreover, I don't think getting discounts in Bareilly would be that tough. 8K is nothing, try and bargain for corporate discount and if you have another Maruti Vehicle then loyalty bonus is there. Apart from that complementary accessories are there, take insurance from outside and not from dealer and biggest of all is the handling charges which is additional discount. Do not pay the handling charges. In all this you'll end up saving atleast 15-20 thousand.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3

Thanks Akash,

It seems you are from or have been to bareilly, the question is how to get these discounts, also how to inform them that the handling charges are illegal, I mean something concrete to shut their mouth, because I know all the showrooms here charge this.

Thanks for the reply buddy.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Well friend, My extended family stays in Bareilly. I keep visiting them often. Coming to your query, here is a pic shared by our mod Vibhor. You may take the print of it.

Public Notice.jpg

Coming to other discounts, firm bargaining is needed. Accessories are provided for free like the basic kit which is around 3K. Insurance of car is in your hand, take it from outside which saves another 10K and then handling charge which would be approx 4K and corporate discount 4-5K. Loyalty bonus is subject to owning another Maruti.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #6
Called the Maruti toll free number today and to my surprise when I asked about the handling charges, they said the dealers are doing it as per company policy...[surprise].
I asked them the defination of 'handling charges' they said it is the cost for fuel, driver and blah blah. Told them about the 2012 court order, they said they dont know anything about it and all they know is dealers are asking this charge as per company policy.[anger]

Make sure that if they give freebie accessories then it is GENIUNE MARUTI BRAND.

Most of them cheats on SEAT COVERS, FLOOR MATS, BODY COATS.

I advice you, not to go for body coats at showroom, instead visit 3M Car Care Showroom. If it is not in your city, visit nearest city to get it done.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since you are buying CNG car, I suppose that you have thought of FE and VFM, or considering a much MILES travelling on every month.

In that case a DIESEL car could have serve your purpose. But the question is which new car would be near your budget.

So there are 2 car options available
- Chevrolet BEAT
- TATA Indica eV2 [I think that, for private passing TATA gives more discount]

If you ask me, I would have chosen Indica eV2, so that a bigger car, diesel variant, with good features that too by paying Rs 50,000 more for one time.
OR

You can think of TATA Indica eMax which is also in your budget plus you get a CNG Variant.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
@ Amit, Thanks bro for the reply.

But the thing is my father is persistent on:

1. No increase in budget[glasses]
2. Maruti and only Maruti[sad]
3. CNG

So any other brand is out of context, If I was buying this car for myself I wouldnt have gone for K10 or Indica(dont like the looks of both, I have my Storme to enjoy..:-P) for me diesel hatchbacks start from 7 lakhs. Still your advice is invaluable.

So, today's outing at the Coral Motors:

Tried my level best to get rid of that handling charge but couldn't succeed and the fact that Maruti endorses this policy didn't help either. So the final quote for metallic Granite grey I got was:

Ex-Showroom - 4,08,139
Handling charges - 5,500 [anger]
Insurance - 14,677
Registration - 34,001
-------------------------------
On road Price - 4,62,317
Maruti official discount - 8,000
Additional discount I fought for - 6,317
Fake exchange bonus - 4,000 (I just have to give the RC of my brother in laws i10)

Total moolah I have to pay 4,44,000 & for non metallic(white) - 4,40,000

Spoke to the senior manager through a common friend and he has assured some further discount of 3-4K with some bits and pieces accessories free on delivery.

So, hows the deal now?

Top Bottom