Dealer Offering October 2014 Manufactured Ritz VDi

Thread Starter #1
Hi ALL,

I live in Hyderabad and i visited one of maruthi dealers last week here to know about the cost and other loan details for Maruthi RITZ , since my budget is under 7L and to have diesel car , i have zeroed out on RITZ . As discussion is going on with sales guy about discounts and all other offers in between he said that " They would offer me a OCT-2014 RITZ VDI for additional discount of 35 k i.e for 6.4 l where as the NEW RITZ costs 6.75 after discount" Is this a good deal to buy a car with 6 month old manufactured date and also can i bargain for more ?

Please suggest.

Regards,
Sudheer

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ALL,

I live in Hyderabad and i visited one of maruthi dealers last week here to know about the cost and other loan details for Maruthi RITZ , since my budget is under 7L and to have diesel car , i have zeroed out on RITZ . As discussion is going on with sales guy about discounts and all other offers in between he said that " They would offer me a OCT-2014 RITZ VDI for additional discount of 35 k i.e for 6.4 l where as the NEW RITZ costs 6.75 after discount" Is this a good deal to buy a car with 6 month old manufactured date and also can i bargain for more ?

Please suggest.

Regards,
Sudheer
Haha, I have experienced exactly same case in Haridwar and finally the guy at y side got a discount of around 60k on the car. The VIN had E and H, that means May 2014 and the car was being sold in January 2015.

In other words, 35k is way less discount on a Ritz VDi, in fact the Ritz always had 20-30k discount on it.

See buddy, the excise duty raised in January 2015 and if the car is a Oct 2014 variant, that means the car was invoiced to the dealer at the older price which was already way lesser than what the price is today. I guess that time the price of the car in itself was hardly 6.3 or 6.4 lac with the discounts at that time.

Now simply ask them to provide you the discount on the price that was in December 2014 instead of the price after the excise duty increment in 2015 January. Go for the vehicle only if you get at least 50-60k discount else walk away - but yes, you need to bargain really hard. In case they are not willing to give you the discount and are rigid at 35k only, then ask them to replace the tires and battery of the car with a new set. Why so? Because the cars are simply parked at the dealership yards with the tires inflated and in contact with ground and that causes patching in tires or say that the area of the tire in contact with the ground goes a bit kaput.

Bargain hard and don't settle for anything less than 60k. Why the dealer should still get a proper profit after selling you a car parked with him since six months? They themselves have got it invoiced at the older price with the discounts at that time and now they try to sell you a car which is six months old, is parked at a place under sun, rain and everything and can have a lower tire and battery life.

Just ask them to make the calculations based on the older ex-showroom price and then provide you with discounts and the deal will be sweet, else ask them for discount + tires replacement and battery replacement and take the car - warranty will be from the day you buy it and the vehicle is really awesome.

Next time when you go to see the car then have a look at its VIN(Vehicle Information Number) to get an idea of exact manufacturing month of the vehicle(this, when done in front of sales guys helps shut their mouth and open their discount pages too). You will find your complete VIN code under the hood near the right strut or maybe left. Look at the piture attached for confirming:
RITZ VIN.JPG

I checked long back and it can be on the opposite side too but don't go by the VIN written on the lower part of B pillar; that's incomplete.

In the VIN you will find a 17 character set enclosed by '(X)' symbols - ignore it.
After that set and the symbol like '(X)' you will find two characters written. One of them should be 'E' which means 2014 and one should be 'I' which means October. Check this and confirm, this will save you from any kind of cheating and the dealership guys will misunderstand you as someone filled with knowledge to brim - believe me, this helps pushing them on back foot and churn discounts.

EDIT: I found an exact one, look at the pic attached:
RITZ.JPG

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
hi Vipul,

Thanks for the INFO i have bargained really hard and still the dealer is stubborn to his rate and he is saying it as 6.4 L fixed and giving a 4th year warranty and zero dip insurance included. I'm now thinking of going with a different option.

Regards,
Sudheer.

Plus also ask for a Engine Oil and Oil Filter change from their workshop or ask for the coupon to do so.
If they agree all this stuff ask for written document e,g : - Coupon.

Remember the Factory Filled E.Oil + Filter already aged 6 months out of 1 year.

Top Bottom