Hyundai Elite i20 Asta Petrol or Maruti Swift ZXi?

Thread Starter #1
I am confused between both the cars although I like more the Elite i20 than swift. Please suggest your opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Which to buy Elite i20 Asta petrol or MS Swift zxi

If you are looking for performance ,then go for elite i 20.
Maintenance cost and handling aspects are more in swift.
I was also confused,but i am now not regretting my choice as i have added more features in my swift,better than elite i 20 in every aspect now.

I am confused between both the cars although I like more the Elite i20 than swift. Please suggest your opinions.
Though Elite i20 is VFM, it's petrol engine is underpowered. Maruti petrol is fun to drive.
If your maximum usage is in city , you can definitely go for Elite because of it light steering/space (in rear seat and boot)/Premium look as you will never get it in other hatchbacks.

Both cars are equally good. Swift is fun to drive and has the advantage over hyundai when it comes to service costs. I dont think hyundai is cheap having owned Verna for 3 years.
With i20 you will get a newer model with much better quality interior and more features than swift.
But, the highway dynamics of i20 wont be as good as the swift. Keeping all this in mind do take proper test drives of both these cars and make your choice. Dont blindly make your choice on reviews.[:)]

Thread Starter #5

Hey thanks all of you for you opinions. #VISHNUCARCRAZY can you please tell me about your swift's milieage because I have seen my one of my relative's swift giving about 16.5 kmpl which came out with a mix of highway and city driving and he is a good driver.

If you are looking for fun to drive then SWIFT is better option. But for Space & Premium feel i20 is the best.

If you have budget to own i20 Asta then probably you could think of Diesel variant in Swift. [Just a thought, you could use it without much worry on fuel.] The 1.3L Fiat MJD in Swift is superb when it just crosses over 60 KMPH.

Maintenance wise both car are almost same.

The other options are Tata Bolt [Diesel/Petrol] or the Fiat Punto Evo.

Thread Starter #7

One more thing I am six feet one inch so which car will comfortable for me both in the driver seat and the rear seat.

Elite is a head of swift overall except for underpowered engine.
agree service costs may be 10-20% more than swift but swift is decade old compared to premium feel of elite i20.
intreriors are as good as premium cars.........

If you like Elite go for it dont think too much

I would suggest to go for a thorough test drive for,

- Hyundai i20 Elite
- MS Swift Diesel
- Tata Bolt Diesel
- Fiat Punto Evo Diesel

I am i20 user from last 4- 5 year believe me, i20 is not fun to drive. Even Elite i20 shows improvement on paper in terms of performance, still it is not up to the mark.

Elite is a big car compared with the other 3 in the list and also has a bigger boot.
Considering price of all four you could buy a Diesel variant in last three option.

If boot is not a big concern for you then SWIFT or BOLT is better to have. Comparing gadgets & gizmos, Premium feel TATA has really worked great on BOLT.

Punto Evo diesel is great car, but due to small service network, Punto sales had a bad impact on it.

If you ask my choice then TATA BOLT as first and MS SWIFT as second.

I dont think hyundai is cheap having owned Verna for 3 years.
Again it depends on how we drive , problems that crop up and more importantly how the Service center is. I own i-Gen i20 sportz crdi and I have completed 40,000 kms in 1 years with services done 5 times(1 year or 10000km) and all my bills were around 3000-5000 except the last bill which came around 6000.
There is no single issue/rattle noises.

It is a myth that service costs are low with maruti. It is for Alto and 800.Above that class you go ,if you are not aware ,you will be ripped.
I would suggest Elite i 20 as it is more premium and more spacious. Basically it looks a class above Swift.

I am not agreeing with you general max...
Maruti service cost for regulars(kilometer service)-2000 + spares for Maruti are also cheap
Hyundai min service bill- 3000

I am getting city mileage -14
Highway- 17.8
As per mid
Via tank full method- city 13-14
Highway 16-17

I am not agreeing with you general max...
Maruti service cost for regulars(kilometer service)-2000 + spares for Maruti are also cheap
Hyundai min service bill- 3000
As said earlier, it depends on several factors.
I think we need change the fuel filter/oil filter once in 20000 kms and that itself will cost around 1200 Rs + engine oil around 1200.
Definitely service cost is not 2000. It will be greater than 3000. Available of spare part is added advantage.

I had added a phrase "if you are not aware",which means do only the required for service.When I took my Wagon R for first paid service,the estimate was 5000INR.I fought with them to make it to 1500.Throttle body cleaning,wheel alignment,balancing and what all.My brother went with the swift for free services and still they made him pay 3000 Rs. Being with maruti for more than 10 years,it is not cheap to maintain a maruti than a Hyundai.Yes spare parts are costly with Hyundai,that is after the life of an engine which comes after 5 or 6 years. Why you must waste your good money by being worried about something in the future. You buy a new car,enjoy the car,may be years from now your spare parts costs may also come down.I still stand for Hyundai elite i20 as it is a newer,better and beautiful car.

PS:I own a swift .[:)]

Thread Starter #15

Hey guys thanks to all of you for your opinions. One more thing I want to ask that can I replace the stock elite i20's headlamps with the projector headlamps of i20 active,is it possible because I like it very much, but I don't like the i20 active since it is more expensive than regular one additionally I don't like the design of alloy wheels, seriously the design of wheels of i20 active make it look smaller than the regular one.

Top Bottom