I Need a SUV. Should I Buy a XUV500?

Thread Starter #1
I'm going to buy a suv, XUV 500 is one of my choice. Some of my friends suggest me to buy a XUV 500, but some told me XUV 500 is just not like that good.
I have no idea how 's about this car?

Re: I need a SUV, whether should I buy a XUV500 ?

Please elaborate your requirements/usage and expectations - that will help others share their view.
Whats your definition of a SUV ?

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: I need a SUV, whether should I buy a XUV500 ?

don't bother with friends.
take a test drive of the latest SUV you can buy in India. don't skip likes of.Safari storme, Chevy captiva, duster along with xuv 500. then make your decision.

there are many xuv ownership threads on this forum including my thunderbolt thread. do go through these treasures.

Re: I need a SUV, should I buy a XUV500 ?

@ Kevin

This Forum has a template of questions every car buyer needs to ask himself before he makes the decision.
This helps the car buyer and other members understand the actual criteria that the car buyer has with regard to his next purchase.
If you fill it up and share it with us, the group members will help you make an informed decision.

> Your Budget: (Eg: Rs.7 – 8 Lakh)

> New or Used: (Eg: New Car)

> Your Location: (Eg: New Delhi, India)

> Top Five Priorities: (Eg: Safety, Comfort, Low Maintenance, Design, Luggage Space)

> Monthly Running: (Eg: Between 1,000 – 1,500 Kms)

> Type of Fuel: (Eg: Diesel)

> For What Purpose: (Eg: Regular Use, Off-Roading)

> Seating Capacity: (Eg: Maximum 5 Adults)

> Type of Segment: (Eg: Sedan or MUV)

Mods - i hope i am not jumping the gun and posting the above template.

Re: I need a SUV, should I buy a XUV500 ?

Please pen down your requirements for members to help you more efficiently.

And as bhvm said dont bother to listen to friends because you are the one shedding out money of your pocket.

Dissuss..TD..Get Confused..TD..Read Actual reviews..Get unbiased opinion..TD and then decide. [;)]

See which SUV fits all your requirements and then make a decision

Hi Kevin, pretty much in the same boat. Except, that I would like to be more specific. There are a lot of arguments going around as to where the XUV really fits. To be fair, it is really a large "Crossover", despite whatever the Mahindra salesman will try to convince you. So is the Duster and the Aria.
During a recent interaction at a showroom, one salesman rightly pointed that cars like Fortuner and Storme are comparable cars in the same category, ie SUV.

So if you are really looking to buy an SUV, the range starts with Storme and then further on to Pajero/Endeavor/Fortuner etc.

Do wait the XUV500 update. Mahindra has been testing the new XUV and will have definitely repaired the various problems faced by the current owners. Also if you do not like the update then you can always buy the older version for a cheaper price.

Do wait the XUV500 update. Mahindra has been testing the new XUV and will have definitely repaired the various problems faced by the current owners. Also if you do not like the update then you can always buy the older version for a cheaper price.
+1 but i guess M&M has already rectified the major problems or shall i say all the problems in XUV.

I had bought mine in 2012 and so far had only one problem and that was the brake pads which were changed for free of cost and thankfully i had no further issues.

Go for it bro! The XUV is a very competitive vehicle for its price and if you want a niggle free vehicle then I suggest you go for the current XUV and if you don't mind your resale being a bit low. If you want a fresh vehicle and are not in a hurry, I suggest you take a look at the upcoming facelift XUV. Please do update this thread and tell us your decision.

If you are to go with XUV or safari strome, do wait as both the manufactures are gonna roll out their updates.

XUV is a vehicle that is out of the world and offers so much for a buyer at it's price point that are present in cars costing twice much of it's price.

Safari has been there and always will be there( even with less numbers) on roads and hearts of it followers sorry worshipers.

Try out Scorpio also a very capable vehicle. Apart from this desi suv's you got a lot of foreign players.

When I think about the term SUV, Scorpio, safari, bolero, XUV are the only vehicles that come to my mind.( No offence to other vehicles)

Go for the yet to be launched XUV 5oo as mahindra rectifies the mistakes fastly than TATA does. And TATA will not be refining the problems to an extent in their yet to be launched facelift Safari Storme. And TATA does rectify the mistake but they take some time to be comfortable with the product. So it is better to go with the M&M's XUV 5oo.

Top Bottom