What Car Should I Buy For Rs.6 - 8 Lakhs?

Thread Starter #1
My Needs :

> Your Budget: 6-8 Lakhs

> New or Used: New Car

> Your Location: Hyderabad,India

> Top Five Priorities: Safety,Comfort,Ergonomics,Mileage & Drivability(semi enthusiast)

> Monthly Running: 1000-1200 KMs

> Type of Fuel: Petrol

> For What Purpose: Regular Use

> Seating Capacity: 4-5. We are a DINK couple.

> Type of Segment: Hatch or Sedan

In addition to the info above, I have a few more requirements:

> NVH should be bearable.
> No MSL,Hyundai or Tata.
> Cant stretch budget at any cost.
> After sales & service should be good(dont care about cheaper spare parts etc).

Since I don't care if its a hatch or a mid range sedan, I was thinking Toyota Etios LIVA V (or) Honda Amaze V 1.2 V-TEC. Other suggestions are more than welcome.

Re: What car should I buy in 6-8 lakhs?

Honda Amaze ivtec is what comes to the mind,obviously that is up there in your list too...if you are not in a hurry wait for the Jazz to launch.
Polo GT TSI,Punto Evo 1.4 could be an option which are only a tad shy of your requirements (After sales department and Mileage front)

In addition to the info above, I have a few more requirements:

> No MSL,Hyundai or Tata.
Any specific reason for saying no to MSL?
Or is this because they are so common?
(just asking this out of curiosity)

Last edited:

fiat punto 90hp is best imho
and recently a new fiat service center started near miyapur and getting very good reviews from owners
recently a fiat sales and service started in vijayawada
and punto is well built car

Thread Starter #6

Any specific reason for saying no to MSL?
Or is this because they are so common?
(just asking this out of curiosity)
My family has only driven MSIL cars for the last 20 years. They lost their charm in maintainability and reliance.

I also associate Hyundai cars with Alia Bhatt or Sunny Leone. Looks cute/hot with lots of features. Doesn't have the driveability/dynamics of a Toyota/Fiat/Ford car.

Thread Starter #7

Hey guys - I have chosen Liva Petrol V version - ultramarine blue. Quite happy.[:D]

I have also test driven the vehicles mentioned below over the last 2 days. Thanks a lot for your replies. They helped me look at my options more clearer[clap]

Punto Diesel is amazing.Let me say that again AMAZING. Petrol ..not so much(except the emotion range, but not in my budget). But still was impressed by its drive ability.
but didnt hear good stories about ASS.
Polo ruled out because of VW ASS horror stories. Can't take that risk.

I especially have one word for Amaze - CHEAP !!![anger]
and I thought Liva was cheap.

I test drove the vehicle from green honda(kudos to their excellent sales people) but me and my wife were terribly disappointed. Clutch was heavy(for a petrol vehicle), engine was quite refined but very bad pickup. Rear seat Space was very restricted(Liva had better space - i know its not believable, but its true) and dashboard was not what I was expecting from a sub 4m sedan(swift dzire had better). I was ready to spend extra bucks for a better looking vehicle but looks like sub 4m sedans are really no match to proper sedans like city,ciaz etc in every department.

Atleast Liva doesnt pretend to be a comfort/luxury vehicle and delivers what it promises. The interiors look very cheap but I see that people on many forums like team bhp or even this forum rely on outdated 2011-2012 reviews to judge this car and customers like me who want a VFM petrol car but dont care about looks are missing out on the Liva.

It just cost me around 6.5 lakhs with some march financial year end discount btw. Sweet deal. I also asked him for another test drive before buying it, just to drive the car. Never have i felt like that with any car.

congrats on your purchase
toyota liva is vfm in anyway
and i heard that running costs are cheaper than alto and indica ,please confirm ??
waiting for ownership thread and some pics
and can you tell me the otr price for the car

Thread Starter #9

congrats on your purchase
toyota liva is vfm in anyway
and i heard that running costs are cheaper than alto and indica ,please confirm ??
waiting for ownership thread and some pics
and can you tell me the otr price for the car
Its 6.53 Lakhs including mudguard, leather seats and floor mats.

Also running costs drastically reduce,especially servicing charges if you take the SMILES package. I met a current liva diesel customer in the showroom and he said the bill for his last service was 50Rs. [lol]

Changing to leather seats improve the quality of interiors drastically. Wish i could customize my dashboard as well.

I feel toyota dealerships should partner with existing aftermarket body shops and give an option to the buyers for customization(without loosing warranty). This way customers can get over the disappointment of the lackluster interiors. This could give many existing hatchbacks a run for their money. Dunno how practical this would be though. Any comments on this?

Will update in detail my ownership experiences in a separate thread and will provide a link here. Pics coming soon [;)]

Also running costs drastically reduce,especially servicing charges if you take the SMILES package. I met a current liva diesel customer in the showroom and he said the bill for his last service was 50Rs. [lol]
that is ridiculous [clap]

interiors are slight disappointed but no problem with that
dashboard modifications can be done in local shops not electrical but only visual changes
questions about NVH levels ???
congrats again on T badge for peace of mind
waiting for pics

Thread Starter #11
Attached Pics. Sorry for the bad quality and photo bombs if any [:D].

The test drive vehicle I drove and the vehicle I bought seem different while driving. Probably engine needs to settle down. Will update more about performance after first service.

Almost all my elderly family members LOVE the exterior looks of liva [lol] more than all the cars available in market at the moment. Probably appeals to an older audience(no frills conservative types). Are you listening Toyota?? . I was laughing my ass off when my uncle said Liva looks better than Polo. Everyone has their own taste I guess.

Planning to attach a spoiler and undercar neon lights for extra sporty look. Should have gone for Black & white seat covers. Waiting for warranty period to complete.[evil]

Attachments

Last edited:
Congrats man. That's a kooool ride especially in the marine shade.Wish you super happy long time revving and fun with it.Toyota Liva (Diesel) was high up on my list back when I was still lingering on the petrol/diesel question for my new car.The main reason ,apart from an obviously cheap and awesome ASS of Toyota,was that they were offering airbags throughout the range (even ABS as standard fare in diesel).

Top Bottom