Need an Automatic Car For Rs.8 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
The santro which was used by sister is now 5 years old and not driven regularly had done only 30 k odd kms she is not much in confident with a manual gear now after the loan due was cleared on last month now they are in a hunt for a auto gear car .Now guys please suggest me a car .

> Your Budget: (Rs.6.5 – 8 Lakh) can be flexed a bit

> New or Used: (New Car)

> Your Location: ( Tamilnadu, India)

> Top Five Priorities: ( Luggage Space,Low Maintenance, Design,,Safety, Comfort)

> Monthly Running: (Between 750 -1,000 Kms)

> Type of Fuel: ( not finalised no problem)

> For What Purpose: ( Regular Use, )

> Seating Capacity: ( Maximum 5 Adults)

> Type of Segment: (Compact Sedan or Hatch)(cause of budget)

Cars under scanner .

1. Zest
pros 1. Looks
2. Feels really good
3. Drives good.
4. Music system amazing
5. my sister liked it the most
cons
1. Only diesel have Amt
2.Tata badge I had to convenience my brother in law lot to take the test drive.
3.Price the top end with front airbags cost 9.5 lakhs on road.[frustration]

celerio

pros.
1. Price it is only 5.6 L on road.
2.small so parking is not a issue
3.maruthi badge.

cons .
1.Too small very less boot space.
2.very brittle feel of build quality.
3.Sister didn't like it.

i10 grand automatic
Pros .
1.Loads of feature
2.Looks good and feels good .
3.Not good but decent boot space.
4.Hyundai loyalty after having santro for more than 5 years.
5.fits the budget 7.3 lakhs on road.

cons .
1.Dosen't have a AMT only four speed auto with poor mileage.(can you guys tell me what can be the mileage we can expect)
2.feels small .

Re: Need a auto or AMT car.

for a I10 Grand Automatic i Believe 12-13 would be the Maximum one can get. i would close my eyes and go for TATA ZEST. TRY Nissan MICRA as well it has AMT i believe not sure on the Price though. Honda Brio also i think comes with AMT. I heard somewhere that RITZ VXi also comes with AMT option please check as i do not remember where i heard it.

Thread Starter #3

for a I10 Grand Automatic i Believe 12-13 would be the Maximum one can get. i would close my eyes and go for TATA ZEST. TRY Nissan MICRA as well it has AMT i believe not sure on the Price though. Honda Brio also i think comes with AMT. I heard somewhere that RITZ VXi also comes with AMT option please check as i do not remember where i heard it.
Me too and my sister would also do the same if the price had been a lakh cheaper [cry].

Mirca and Brio are too small for our liking.[roll]

TRY Nissan MICRA as well it has AMT i believe not sure on the Price though. Honda Brio also i think comes with AMT.
You are a bit confused between AT and AMT.
As of now only Alto, Celerio and Zest have AMT variants.

oh yes i was in fact confused. i thought they were looking at automatic transmission as it was a lady. I'm sorry if i misinterpreted you MAXIMAS007. yes if you are looking at AMT's then what VM2011 said is right. however if you are looking at AT my options are as mentioned.

Thread Starter #8

I know that there are very few options but I need valuable inputs before taking a decision guys .
If there isn't much choices I will skip the purchase for atleast 6 months to get more options .

Thread Starter #9
Family is leaning towards the Zest XMA full option which comes around 9.6 lakhs .Which is 1.6 lakhs costlier than our budget may be we wait a little more and go for it or else can see around new models .
some doubts about Zest
1. How reliable would be the AMT cause it is a new tech .
2.XMA comes with a parking sensor but not a reverse camera can we or the ASS fit a reverse camera.
3.Does it make sense for a diesel engine for a car which will be driven around 700-800 kms per month.( but zest dosent have a AMT for petrol )
4 i10 grand was taken a test drive but my sister liked the feel and stability of Zest more. (but we are paying 2.5 lakhs more for Zest )
it feels more premium.
5. Any other choice.

:offtopic: I really expected a lot of response from you guy may be the Hyundai plant tour made you guys droll [lol] (just kidding )

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
some doubts about Zest
1. How reliable would be the AMT cause it is a new tech .
AMT is better than manual since it needs lesser effort to drive an AMT than a MT car. Its more convenient as you have a choice to switch from MT to AT in times of traffic. Manual transmission take more time to repair and cost of repair is higher than AMT.

2.XMA comes with a parking sensor but not a reverse camera can we or the ASS fit a reverse camera.
Definitely.

3.Does it make sense for a diesel engine for a car which will be driven around 700-800 kms per month.( but zest dosent have a AMT for petrol )
Not really. You may check out Maruti Dzire 2015 VXi AT. It has ABS and EBD too.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #11
Manual transmission take more time to repair and cost of repair is higher than AMT.. .
[confused] Are you sure about this point ?.

Not really. You may check out Maruti Dzire 2015 VXi AT. It has ABS and EBD too.

Akash
Maruti Dzire 2015 VXi AT but it dosent have the airbags or else it would have been in the competition.My brother in law is very much sure to have a car with Abs and Airbags.

Anyway thank you buddy for the replay.[clap]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Are you sure about this point ?.
See AMT equipment comes as whole assembly and in case of any issue with it the assembly can be changed where are if there is a issue in manual transmission then you would be also aware that to get the main cause of MT failure it takes a lot of time and to properly rectify it the time taken is considerably more.

Regards

Akash

What about Micra CVT ? Comes with ABS EBD, dual Airbags and other gizmos.

Excellent fuel economy, decent cabin space for 4 adults, 250 litre boot space in a squarish layout.

Gives me 15kmpl regularly. And zero issues in over 15000kms of urban usage so far.
And no, dont worry about the 154mm GC if you happen to test it. It has never scraped for me so far, even with full load. I believe it is the minimum GC figure.

Top Bottom