Buying Hyundai Grand i10: Opinions Needed

Thread Starter #1
I am planning to get the Hyundai Grand i10 as my first car. How is this for a family car?
And what's the current on-road price that you are getting for the Grand i10 ASTA (O) Petrol model in CHENNAI and are there any discounts and freebies?
Existing and potential buyers, please share your opinions.

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 - opinions needed

Hi Autowhiz,

I have bought Xcent SX(O) Petrol.Very satisfied with my purchase.This is my First car & it's been 8 months.I was also considering Grand i10 ASTA(O) , but the BOOT space made me tilt towards Xcent.Both cars drive the same.The steering feedback is better than the other Hyundai's.The interior's are best in the segment.I was a newbie at driving & the Gear Shift Indicator helped me a lot.If you are looking for a Family car with space & features then Grand i10 is the best choice.If you want to enjoy the drive then i would recommend Swift or Polo.

why not punto evo btw am in same dilemma about grand i10 do update what car you choose and why .
thanks

Punto Evo is in a slightly bigger league in terms of build quality as compared to Grand I10.
In terms of overall size, there are the Punto Evo/Avventura, Polo/Cross, Swift, Elite I20, Etios Cross, followed by Grand I10, Ritz, Micra, Brio and then the others like Celerio/WagonR etc.
In terms of the engines, the Fiat/VW engines are the best in diesel followed by the Hyundai I20/ Micra . In the petrol category, the Japs/Korean engines are slightly better.

Boot space is the best in I20, Punto, Polo followed by Micra/Grand I10. It is the least in Swift/Brio.

There are just too many choices and is a quite confusing segment to be in, frankly.

Thread Starter #5

Punto evo is in a different price category. Feature to feature, its almost 1 lakh extra than the Grand i10 Asta. How is it comparable to Grand i10 then? Also I am worried about Fiat's A.S.S and lack of popularity which means lesser range of after market accessories.

Though I must say the Pinto Evo looks futuristic and in a different class altogether compared to the other hatchbacks.

punto evo 1.2 dynamic on road price is around 5.86lakhs in new delhi it comes with
abs & ebd as well [:)]

Punto evo is in a different price category. Feature to feature, its almost 1 lakh extra than the Grand i10 Asta. How is it comparable to Grand i10 then? Also I am worried about Fiat's A.S.S and lack of popularity which means lesser range of after market accessories.

Though I must say the Pinto Evo looks futuristic and in a different class altogether compared to the other hatchbacks.
Dont worry about After Sales. Fiat is just fine. Concentrate on the car choice first, I'd say, and not accessories.

I have owned a Linea T-JEt for over 3 years now and it is an absolutely trouble free and reliable machine, and a solid one at that.

Top Bottom