Suggestions Required For Second Hand Car For Wife

Thread Starter #1
Dear Friends,

Posting after a very long time (rather too long); need advices/references to buy a second hand car for my wife. She is a newbie so I don't want to spend for a new car.
Not interested in M800/Alto/WagonR/Old Zen/Old Estilo.
Hoping for some thoughts from gurus that will help me decide.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Suggestions/References required for second hand car for wife

It would be easier for us to suggest if you may provide us the budget, availability of parking, whether an AT or MT gearbox would be needed and whether a Petrol one or Diesel one is suited as per monthly running.

Regards

Akash

I would suggest to go for a new Tata Nano Twist, as this car is running with Rs. 60,000 discount.

Good car for newbie female driver. Great on mileage, easy to maintain, great on FE and comes with all basic features. The advantage of this car is easy to drive and park than any other car in the market.

I have suggest considering that your budget may be around 1.8~2.0 lac.

1. "Newbie" needs to see road clearly. Go for the i10 for its confidence inspiring upright driving position that will make the driver feel "in-control".
  2. For Wife. IMO, i10 is sort of cute, well built and fantastic interiors giving an up market feeling. Perfect for a lady.
  3. For Wife. That could translate in to a little less usage. Forget Diesel. i10 Petrol it is then.
Good luck.

Thread Starter #5

It would be easier for us to suggest if you may provide us the budget, availability of parking, whether an AT or MT gearbox would be needed and whether a Petrol one or Diesel one is suited as per monthly running.

Regards

Akash
Sorry for not mentioning these things;
The budget (since i know the car will have lots of scratches and bruises in the course of learning):Not more than 1.5Lacs.
Availability of parking: Will be parked outside the house (on road).
Whether an AT or MT gearbox: Any would suffice but I think she should learn on MT.
Petrol/Diesel: I am open; the running will not be too much but just for home to her office and sometimes market trips (I may also be driving it rarely)

Thread Starter #6
I would suggest to go for a new Tata Nano Twist, as this car is running with Rs. 60,000 discount.

Good car for newbie female driver. Great on mileage, easy to maintain, great on FE and comes with all basic features. The advantage of this car is easy to drive and park than any other car in the market.

I have suggest considering that your budget may be around 1.8~2.0 lac.
No NANO as my wife doesn't like it. So even if they offer for 1 Lac discount NANO is still out of picture [:D]

1. "Newbie" needs to see road clearly. Go for the i10 for its confidence inspiring upright driving position that will make the driver feel "in-control".
  2. For Wife. IMO, i10 is sort of cute, well built and fantastic interiors giving an up market feeling. Perfect for a lady.
  3. For Wife. That could translate in to a little less usage. Forget Diesel. i10 Petrol it is then.
Good luck.
Even I am in for an i10 but don't know if I will get one in this budget. Appreciate your detailed points.

Last edited by a moderator:

Akash1886

Honoured Member

The budget (since i know the car will have lots of scratches and bruises in the course of learning):Not more than 1.5Lacs.
Availability of parking: Will be parked outside the house (on road).
Whether an AT or MT gearbox: Any would suffice but I think she should learn on MT.
Petrol/Diesel: I am open; the running will not be too much but just for home to her office and sometimes market trips (I may also be driving it rarely)
In 1.5 Lac you can get an Esteem and that too 2006-07 in fairly good condition. Considering your monthly running at 1K Kms I feel this one shall be a safe bet as there is Maruti ASC network at your call and its Fuel efficient too.

Regards

Akash

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hello there,
I was in the same dillemma last year and ended up brining a cute little i10 Blue Home.
Niggle Free and very satisfactory car. Here's the review-
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ue-boy-hyundai-i10-magna-detailed-review.html

Here's my research Thread-
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/car-shopper/16366-want-low-budget-used-car-wife.html

P.s-
Even I am of thought that everyone should learn MT before moving up to AT or DSG. My wife shifts gears effortlessly now. Infact our next car will be with Paddleshifters!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
Hello there,
I was in the same dillemma last year and ended up brining a cute little i10 Blue Home.
Niggle Free and very satisfactory car. Here's the review-
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ue-boy-hyundai-i10-magna-detailed-review.html

Here's my research Thread-
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/car-shopper/16366-want-low-budget-used-car-wife.html

P.s-
Even I am of thought that everyone should learn MT before moving up to AT or DSG. My wife shifts gears effortlessly now. Infact our next car will be with Paddleshifters!
Read your complete threads and am happy to see you got a good deal for the i10. Now making my mind for maybe a New (the new model) Zen Estilo or an i10 like yours [clap]

bhvm

Honoured Member
Read your complete threads and am happy to see you got a good deal for the i10. Now making my mind for maybe a New (the new model) Zen Estilo or an i10 like yours [clap]
glad to be of Help mate. if you have any questions just PM me or drop into respective threads.

IMHO, avoid new car if your wife is a learner. the running in period for Every car is important and shouldn't include any jerks, revvs or mistakes. also your wife will appreciate NEW peppy car after learning 1-2 years on old one.

Thread Starter #12
glad to be of Help mate. if you have any questions just PM me or drop into respective threads.

IMHO, avoid new car if your wife is a learner. the running in period for Every car is important and shouldn't include any jerks, revvs or mistakes. also your wife will appreciate NEW peppy car after learning 1-2 years on old one.
Thats what my plan is. Will surely get in touch with you as soon as i get some car to purchase to get your thoughts before doing the purchase.

Top Bottom