Buying a Used Petrol Hatchback For Rs.2.5 Lacs

Thread Starter #1
i want to buy a used petrol hatch on 2.5lakh for city + highway.car will be driven 500km in month .but some things i must want in that hatch.
1.good interior
2.chiller ac (as i am a diabetic so it is must for me )[embarass]
3.fuel economy between 18kmpl to 20kmpl
4.good resale
5.good cabin space and silent cabin
6.most important is steering i want light steering (which i loved in mine uncle`s alto 2010 super light steering can be turn with one finger)
my heart is pushing me towards alto k10 swift but i doubt on stiff steering as we already have a-start in our family and i hate to drive it because steering is very stiff.
as i never drive k10 and swift please clear my doubt and any other suggestion are also welcome

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddy, Have you thought about the Maruti Wagon R / Stingray? FE is good, Interiors are good too, Tall boy design is there so getting in or out is not difficult, Maruti is always having good resale, Wagon R AC is also good and chills quite fast as my tenant has one, Service Network of Maruti is one of the biggest so not a problem to maintain either.

Regards

Akash

Buying used? Try a Hyundai i10 1.1 and it will perfectly satisfy all your needs.
In case you can take a bit less FE then try i10 kappa.

If you can still compromise a bit more on FE and can live with 14-15 kpl then get a Swift 1.3 petrol (note: I said '1.3') and enjoy the ownership.

All in all, i10 1.1 is the car that still comes closest to meeting all your needs.

18-20kmpl with AC wont be achievable if your highway usage is less.
So if you are very serious on to the petrol mileage, its better for you to go for either eon or alto.

Dont worry about the steering, except the A-star almost all of the other hatchback cars are having lighter steering.

If you can still compromise a bit more on FE and can live with 14-15 kpl then get a Swift 1.3 petrol (note: I said '1.3') and enjoy the ownership.
14-15kmpl with AC. Seriously?

If my memory is true, one of my friend gets an avg of 9-12kmpl with AC.
Whats the ARAI claimed mileage of 1.3L petrol swift.?

I had i10 1.2 kappa 2009. It fits perfectly in your budget but city fe would be 11.5 and highway 16-17. It is as silent as a cow!
I sold the 36k run magna for 2.6l five months back.

Last edited:
you could try Estilo
+ Very light steering (can turn with single finger!)
+ good luggage space
+ tallboy
+ Old wagonr platform
+ WagonR engine
+ AC should be good ( i haven't used it. the TD vehicle had good AC)

1.2 L petrol swift...yields mileage of 13-14 in bumper to bumper traffic + normal city use.
Highway runs can yield 17-18...This is as per 2011 swift.
For 2nd hand petrols,don't buy hyundai's.
They are fuel drinkers [cry]

^^ Why not K10. The steering is not as bad as you mentioned. I drove K10 for few weeks and it is far better than my Alto 800!!! A/C is good and mileage is consistent 16+(may be my driving is bad![glasses]) in city. Test drive one K10 to see for yourself.

If light steering is your main requirement, then sadly the fuel guzzler i10 is the one with such thing!

shortlisted wagon r and swift petrol 1.2 but difficult to get swift in that price range
Hi Joni, TD the Nano Twist, am sure will meet your requirements & your budget, (BOTTOM LINE A NEW CAR IS A NEW CAR), now with the Nano XTA on the cards, you would get good discounts on the Twist, a win win situation.[clap]
Vinod

ok, and what makes you say that you will downgrade your 'status' in society with the Nano?
Have you owned one in the past, driven one or even sat inside one?

Top Bottom