New Fiat Linea or Ford Fiesta? Please Suggest

New Fiat Linea MJT or Ford Fiesta?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Hello Experts,
I am confused in choosing between the New Fiat Linea MJT and Ford Fiesta. Both the cars are beautiful in their own way and have superb handling and solid build quality. I got to choose between these two. Please help me in choosing.

Thanks and regards.

Re: New Fiat Linea or Ford Fiesta?- Please Suggest

Definitely Ford Fiesta
1.Handling-Ford cars always rank in top list for their handling
2.Optimum Performance-Don't expect a power like verna,but definitely for city zapping and highway cruising Ford engines do their job really well.
3.Maintenance Cost- Reasonable,not as cheap as Maruti but better than Fiat and Volkswagen.

Cons include
Resale value is bit low.
Not as plush interiors like their rivals.

Definitely Ford is a value for money.

I would suggest you to go for New Fiat Linea. It has good body build, Fiat is fame for their engine. It has a real sedan look than the fiesta. Rear seat on Fiesta is not impressed me for a family outing.

Both being the good driver's car, I liked Linea over Fiesta.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Hey Ferrari,

Firstly, A warm welcome to The Automotive India. I wish you have a gainful journey here on. Now, as of your query buddy, Fiesta is one of the best driver's car. Though I have not owned one but have heard that its a very good and reliable car by Ford. There is one Classic Fiesta I have heard of, that looks pretty subtle and decent. Our extremely humble and friendly mod Vibhor (350Z) has one in White so do take his advise as well.

Talking of the Linea by Fiat, Which one you are looking at? Emotion or Dynamic? As of the looks, the new one is slightly chromy from front but over all very nice. I have sat and driven Linea, man that's one hell of a Italian gem. I have driven Linea of previous generation, it was superb and looks roomy from inside. Linea is one matured ride if I may say.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #5

Hey Ferrari,

Firstly, A warm welcome to The Automotive India. I wish you have a gainful journey here on. Now, as of your query buddy, Fiesta is one of the best driver's car. Though I have not owned one but have heard that its a very good and reliable car by Ford. There is one Classic Fiesta I have heard of, that looks pretty subtle and decent. Our extremely humble and friendly mod Vibhor (350Z) has one in White so do take his advise as well.

Talking of the Linea by Fiat, Which one you are looking at? Emotion or Dynamic? As of the looks, the new one is slightly chromy from front but over all very nice. I have sat and driven Linea, man that's one hell of a Italian gem. I have driven Linea of previous generation, it was superb and looks roomy from inside. Linea is one matured ride if I may say.

Regards

Akash
Hi Akash, Thanks for your wishes. I am looking at the top variant in both the cars; Emotion and Titanium.
Fiesta, being a very good drivers car, is not many that I could see on the roads. Is that because of the cramped leg space in the rear compared to that of its rivals or for a reason of something else?
Both being the good driver's car, I liked Linea over Fiesta.
Hi Gandhi, I heard that the increase in ground clearance in New Linea has taken a bit of joy off in handling when compared to Fiesta. How do you feel? Or may be difference is very minimal that may not be noticed at all?
3.Maintenance Cost- Reasonable,not as cheap as Maruti but better than Fiat and Volkswagen.
Cons include
Resale value is bit low.
Hi Vishnu, Isn't that Fiat has a long service interval of 15K while the Ford is 10K. Neither Linea nor Fiesta seems to have a good resale value, but I am not worried about it as I plan to keep the car at least for the next 5 years.

Thanks and regards.

Infact its cheaper than Maruti. In my Fiesta when i gave for the 2nd serivice (10,000 kms) I was charged only Rs.2300 /- Not sure if such happens with Maruti. Im giving for the 3rd service this Saturday. I guess it may be around Rs. 3500.

Both cars are really great in terms of quality and performance [specially diesel variant].

*Fiesta is not available in petrol.

Both cars are powerful, FE and VFM. But the only problem with Ford & FIAT is the small service network. Looking at the exact specs Linea is little ahead of Fiesta, but actually both are almost the siblings.

All you need to decide is between the brands and the look you would prefer.
Fiesta is more leaning towards a sportier look whereas Linea project a more elegant styling.

Few features does Linea and Fiesta misses but overall its about your choice.

The only one thing Fiesta has is ESP which in not there is Linea. [I think this would make a big difference. Even me too would get confuse between those.]

If you have room for other diesel vehicles to consider then TD
- Skoda Rapid
- VW Vento

My Choice would be Fiesta.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
- Skoda Rapid
- VW Vento
Amit, Wont it be somewhat similar experience in Vento and Rapid? Both cars are of sister brands. Moreover, there is lot of part sharing including the engine i.e 1.5 DSG Spec in both of them and externally the 2 of them are very much similar except for necessary differences like lights and grille. However, What works for VW over Skoda is the fact that VW is surely a notch better than Skoda in terms of Service Quality. Skoda is really loosing out simply because of horrendous after-sales support. In a car buying decision, after sales support is a major consideration so in that respect its better to avoid Skoda.

Regards

Akash

its a tough choice, my vote goes to Fiesta.

Service is better in Ford compared to Fiat.
Fiesta engine has less turbo lag and you will enjoy driving it in the city limits.
Front seats are fantastic in Fiesta Top end variant.
New Fiesta looks good IMO and very much exclusive than German trio [;)]

If speed breakers and bad roads are concerns, Linea is the best.
If rear seat comfort is concern, again Linea is better than fiesta.

Fiesta 's low end torque is best in class, but with 5 adults on board it' s underbody scrapped on a usual speed breaker in Pune so I felt benefit of good pic up gets nullified there as you have to drive dead slow on the speed breakers but at very next moment I felt the low end torque helps regain the speed within a moment.

I am also in similar dilemma as I am going to purchase my second car next year.

Hey Mr.Ferrari

Fiat interval though 15 k,spares are not that much standard when compared with Ford or Honda spares.
Ford has parts assurance .
Personally saying i am an ardent Ford Fan ,so won't speak against it.

Ford fiesta rear seat is not as plush,comfy for 2 ,3rd person will have to squeeze in a bit.
As everyone say,Ford is not for rear benchers,its a driver's car.

Amit, Wont it be somewhat similar experience in Vento and Rapid? Both cars are of sister brands. Moreover, there is lot of part sharing including the engine i.e 1.5 DSG Spec in both of them and externally the 2 of them are very much similar except for necessary differences like lights and grille. However, What works for VW over Skoda is the fact that VW is surely a notch better than Skoda in terms of Service Quality. Skoda is really loosing out simply because of horrendous after-sales support. In a car buying decision, after sales support is a major consideration so in that respect its better to avoid Skoda.

Regards

Akash
Surely ASS is major factor to change buying decision. Ford and FIAT has almost similar density of network. All you need to find the CITIES where you regularly visit has the service station or not; apart from that if there are many other station available would be plus.

If the buyer is in metros or big cities then ASS is not a problem. But for instance you went somewhere down the highway then its matter of luck that you are not near to any ASS station. [All you can do it buy a Alto or Swift.......... here Maruti wins.... these car can be repaired at most all local car mechanic.] [clap]

Rapid and Vento are almost similar on ride and performance. One reason that Skoda is not able to compete other brands [or VW] is due no car type/model available in some brackets. Whereas VW has a huge variants/options to target the buyers. For example VW Polo/Vento comes almost in 7 -8 variants [1.2 L /1.5L, AT/MT, Cross etc.]

There are few +- in both car related to aesthetic.

Ford is expanding their service network, so there will not be any issue. Fiat almost have the same network compared to Ford. Even the part availability for Ford is not a issue now at-least in Tamilnadu.

As a Fiesta user for around 1.5 years Im very much satisfied with it. The driving feel is simply awesome. I never sit in the rear seats till now. My family members say they are ok, but not worse than i thought of. Yes, there is turbo lag. But once you are used to it its not an issue. Im getting a mileage of 20.5 KMPL with tankful method as it is really good enough for 1.5L engine. Overall Im very much satisfied with it. [:D]

Last edited:
Ride & Handling- Both equal- but Linea has HPS which is better dialled.
Build Quality- Linea may be slightly better, but Ford not far behind.
Features- Both even
Safety- both even but Linea has fatter tyres and NO, Fiesta DOES NOT HAVE ESP.
Cabin Space- Front- equal, Rear- Linea
Boot Space- Linea by far.
Performance and economy- spec wise nearly same, but Linea has more performance in the upper band of the rpm curve because of the way the MJD is tuned. With T-Jet petrol, Linea is way too ahead.
Current market position- Linea sells far more, Fiesta hardly even registers a sale. Of course both are way behind the rest of the market
Resale value- Linea MJD would be better.
After Sales and service costs- both should be even.
In sum, Linea is slightly ahead, but take your pick.

Top Bottom