Planning To Buy Maruti Suzuki Alto800

Thread Starter #1
Dear friends,

I am Anandkumar from Coimbatore and am new to this forum.

I have planing to buy a car for my daily needs. After long searching in the internet and reviews finally i have decided to buy Maruti Alto 800 LXI Variant as my budget is upto 3.75 Lakhs (Rs.3 Lakhs finance and Rs.75000/- down payment) including all payment like basic accessories and music system.

I know that Maruti is giving consumer offer to the customer for every month (amount differs for each month, February - 25000/-) to send off the cars during the off season.

Now I am coming to the point. I can wait upto this year end to buy the car. I want to know that which month Maruti will maximum consumer offers and corporate discount(I am eligible for corporate discount). And how to deal with the dealers. Because dealers are charging hidden charges like higher insurance premium, RTO charges and Handling charges(I have checked with 2 dealer here).

I hope, here many experts and alto 800 owners are there, kindly give your experience and suggestion to buy alto 800 without loosing extra money from my pocket?

Thanks in advance,

Encounter007
Coimbatore[:)]

Last edited by a moderator:
You can go in during the Festival seasons in your Region as the dealers want to boost their sales at that time giving away huge discounts. Also During the March end they give discounts stating that the car costs are going to increase after the budgets in the march april periodand all. Happy buying![cheers]

Hi Anand, welcome to TAI.
Which dealers are you dealing with? and what is the current offer?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Dear friends,

I hope, here many experts and alto 800 owners are there, kindly give your experience and suggestion to buy alto 800 without loosing extra money from my pocket?
Dear Anand, Here is the full resolution to all your purchase queries. This review of Alto 800 is of our 350Z.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #5
Thanks for your reply,

Here I have approched two dealers named Jaikrishna Maruthi and Adhi Maruthi.

The offer is,

Jaikrishna Maruthi:
Cost of Maruthi (Alto 800 LXi Met) - 321790/-
Insurance premium - 10878/-
Road Tax, Road Safety tax, Ext. Warrenty, Auto card, Basic Acc. Regn, and Handling Charges - 47993/-

Total On road price - 380661/-
Consumer discount less - 25000/-

So final on road price - 355661/- (including cutmat -4, mudflap -4, Number plate -2, perfume, Car care kit, Steering Cover)

2. Adhi Maruthi:
Cost of Maruthi - 321790
Insurance - 13282 (Bumber to bumber insurance - the word told by the salesperson)
Road and Road safety tax - 34079/-
Registration and Handling Charge - 6180/-
Ext. Warrenty for 3rd year - 3367/-
Basic acc. - 2405/-
Auto card - 450/-

So total on road - 392953/-
less consumer discount - 25000/-
Final - 367958/-

I am eligible for corporate discount as I am working in corporate company. When i enquired about corporate discount they were told that they will tell us at the time of finalization.

Mr. Boss are you belongs to Coimbatore?

Anandkumar,
Coimbatore

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
Why the 800 ? Why not K10 ? Its a much better car and with improved interiors. It should be around your budget as well.
No Alto k10 price crossing 4lakhs?

Thanks for your reply,

Here I have approched two dealers named Jaikrishna Maruthi and Adhi Maruthi.

The offer is,

Jaikrishna Maruthi:
Cost of Maruthi (Alto 800 LXi Met) - 321790/-
Insurance premium - 10878/-
Road Tax, Road Safety tax, Ext. Warrenty, Auto card, Basic Acc. Regn, and Handling Charges - 47993/-

Total On road price - 380661/-
Consumer discount less - 25000/-

So final on road price - 355661/- (including cutmat -4, mudflap -4, Number plate -2, perfume, Car care kit, Steering Cover)

2. Adhi Maruthi:
Cost of Maruthi - 321790
Insurance - 13282 (Bumber to bumber insurance - the word told by the salesperson)
Road and Road safety tax - 34079/-
Registration and Handling Charge - 6180/-
Ext. Warrenty for 3rd year - 3367/-
Basic acc. - 2405/-
Auto card - 450/-

So total on road - 392953/-
less consumer discount - 25000/-
Final - 367958/-

I am eligible for corporate discount as I am working in corporate company. When i enquired about corporate discount they were told that they will tell us at the time of finalization.

Mr. Boss are you belongs to Coimbatore?

Anandkumar,
Coimbatore
In these two quatations, the basic car / vehicle rate can not be reduced. I feel that other heads of charges they are charging much more higher. In which head I have to bargain to reduce the price?
And I heard that the consumer offer may go up beyond the Maruthi limit. Is it possible?

Last edited by a moderator:
No Alto k10 price crossing 4lakhs?
The old one was 3.7L OTR in Kolkata. The new one should not cross 4L. The Vxi version comes with music system and front power windows. Also driver airbag as optional extra. The engine is a hoot to drive and anyday a much much much better drive than the 800cc engine. I have one of the old 800cc engine and its a pain to drive after the Ritz. I regularly drive my friend's K10 and its a pocket rocket.

Hi Anand

As an Alto 800 owner, I'll advise you to go for K10. Alto 800 is becoming irrelevant these days. The main reason for my advise is that a lot of power gets sucked in by AC. and those small wheels are not great at handling rough roads.

As an Alto 800 owner, I'll advise you to go for K10. Alto 800 is becoming irrelevant these days. The main reason for my advise is that a lot of power gets sucked in by AC. and those small wheels are not great at handling rough roads.
Such a honest and unbiased review from the actual user should help the potential buyer to understand the fact and thanks for the same.
What is your take for City usage? Is the power adequate (with AC)?

PS: Please don't take it on the wrong manner. Didn't you experienced it during TD?

PPS: Read somewhere, there is a Turbo ON/OFF switch in old M800/Alto which is nothing but the AC Switch (AC OFF == Turbo ON)[roll]

All the best ! With your alto, keep updating thread .
Make sure you read , pdi instructions in automotive library thread.

Im too from cbe,singanallur :), took stingray in ambal thiruchi road.

What are the necessary accessories to be fitted to the new car Alto 800 LXi?
To be frank.
Dont buy audio system form the showroom.
Go out to market.
Fit a pioneer or sony single din 50wx4 amp mosfet head unit.

Have a 6x9 ovals pionner at rear .in box

I dont know whether front speaker provision are there, then add up a 4in co axials.

Sil gurd may be original MGA

3d floor mats

Skill pressure washer (imp)

Window tints

May be the air freshener given free while delivery

Have a underbody coating.

Thread Starter #15
To be frank.
Dont buy audio system form the showroom.
Go out to market.
Fit a pioneer or sony single din 50wx4 amp mosfet head unit.

Have a 6x9 ovals pionner at rear .in box

I dont know whether front speaker provision are there, then add up a 4in co axials.

Sil gurd may be original MGA

3d floor mats

Skill pressure washer (imp)

Window tints

May be the air freshener given free while delivery

Have a underbody coating.
Somebody told that while buying accessories from out side will affect the extended warranty... Is it correct?

Top Bottom