Need a New Car For <3 Lakh Rupees

Thread Starter #1
Hi all, its a real active forum here.
am currently working as a banker and posted in a small village near Shimoga, Karnataka.
I would like to have a car. My requirements are below
Can be new/used.
Maximum budget at present is 299999.
driving only on weekends (mostly in excess of 500km) and monthly once driving to native (1500km) as weekdays I would be commuting by public transport.
Need above average mileage and minimum or least maintanence as I would be busy 6 days a week.
In short, I need a small car for my weekend/holiday use as many scenic places are here in and around Shimoga.
Request you to please help me... Thanks :)

Re: Need car for <3 lakh

Monthly 2k+ km deserve a diesel mill and for a 3L budget Used car is the only source. Few cars that I would suggest
Most practical choice:
- Ritz Diesel
- Beat Diesel
If I were you, I would go for one of the below choice
- Getz Prime Diesel : Loads of power, decent space, Hyundai Brand
- TATA Safari : There are plenty of happy owners, but you should learn to live with few niggles
- Punto : If A.S.S is within the reach

Thread Starter #3
Re: Need car for <3 lakh

Monthly 2k+ km deserve a diesel mill and for a 3L budget Used car is the only source. Few cars that I would suggest
Most practical choice:
- Ritz Diesel
- Beat Diesel
If I were you, I would go for one of the below choice
- Getz Prime Diesel : Loads of power, decent space, Hyundai Brand
- TATA Safari : There are plenty of happy owners, but you should learn to live with few niggles
- Punto : If A.S.S is within the reach
thanx for the response.. but my car would be lying unused mostly 5 days a week as I would be using public transport to and fro my branch. Won't the diesel engines be affected as I have heard an old saying that all cars with diesel engines should run atleast 50km daily or its not worth the price.

What are disadvantages if I go for Petrol Ritz? :)

Excessive of 2k kms run you would be doing monthly which would justify the diesel mill which would give you high FE figures compared to petrol as well as the price difference on both the fuels.
Nothing else are the disadvantage other then being a petrol variant, which would make the spendings more on fuel compared to diesel.
Search for ritz diesel in used market, but i doubt it could be available in your price range.

At this price point ,your best bet is a 2010 Ritz Petrol.You may get a low run nicely maintained Ritz VXi. If you want a swift you may get a 2007/08 Swift too,which may have run somewhat like 50 or 60 K.I would suggest you to go for Petrol only as the diesel cars may have run much higher than Petrols and may not be available at this price point. Beat is an option and I just keep it as an option. [;)]

Thread Starter #6
Thanks again. so the only options available to me are the Beat and the Ritz??

By olx ads in my town, am able to see that I can get the below cars petrol for almost same price..
The Figo, Wagon R, Aeon (2014 model) too... How about these too

I would suggest ritz petrol. you should be able to get one as it's tall vehicle giving you head room and it's backed by reliability. Add wagon r to the list. It's a great car. I would not recommended figo and eon are both are high on maintenance.

As Mr. Boss suggested, if you have a getz diesel. I don't know why such a superb car is phased out.

If you are keen on going big on road, you can get safari too. you should be able to get a good deal as safari has poor resale value. I got a 2008 safari for 3.9 lakhs. the car is rock solid reliable until now. Have dome more than 45,000kms in a year.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
By olx ads in my town, am able to see that I can get the below cars petrol for almost same price..Aeon (2014 model) too... How about these too
Hi dear, I was about to suggest you a Eon by Hyundai. Reason is that it will be much newer than others in contention. A new Eon Dlite+ here in Delhi costs 2.88 Lacs. So, at your place, I am sure you'll get a great deal if its for Eon.

Hyundai has best interiors in their cars and their after sales is fuss-free too. My very close friend is a hyundai loyalist and at present has 6 hyundai hatchbacks at his place.

As you need a compact car for driving on weekends, Eon definitely fits your bill.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #10
Thanks for all your replies.. I have shortlisted on a Ford fiesta sxi diesel 2007 model. The sellers price was 285000 but is willing to come down to 265000. Reason for selling : moving to gulf.
I fell that I can get the car for around 260000. The car is full option, and done around 1.5L km.
Mileage is claimed to be around 20+. I feel the deal is fine mostly because of the price.

Is this a good idea to purchase this for my needs>

See if you can extend your budget to get NEW Alto K10 Vxi. Will best suit you need.

If not then you could get a USED decent condition
MS RITZ petrol,
MS WagonR,
Hyundai i10,
Ford Figo petrol.

I would suggest not to consider DIESEL cars in your list, since most used diesel car ODO would have gone above 60K~70K. So in your case if the car will stand on one place for 5-6 days then it would be surely a problem for the old used diesel car.

Test drive TATA Nano Twist, which has good FE [around 25 KMPL] and less maintenance cost and yet will easily fit in your budget [around Rs 2.2 lac]. You can use it for your occasional rides. The ground clearance is quite good so you need not have to worry much about village roads.

If you have not already purchased the car, I would advise you to stay away from used Fords as it will be expensive to maintain. Stick to Maruti, Hyundai or Tata only for used cars.

Thanks for all your replies.. I have shortlisted on a Ford fiesta sxi diesel 2007 model. The sellers price was 285000 but is willing to come down to 265000. Reason for selling : moving to gulf.
I fell that I can get the car for around 260000. The car is full option, and done around 1.5L km.
Mileage is claimed to be around 20+. I feel the deal is fine mostly because of the price.

Is this a good idea to purchase this for my needs>
1.5L km ??? That's a lot. You will be spending a lot on maintenance and preventive expenses.

@vinuchel

Mr.Boss is right. Just leave those are 60k+ KM driven, no matter its a petrol or diesel car. Also don't go beyond 5 years old models.

Because your budget is small and you don't wanna spend more money in maintains then using the car.

Of course, its difficult to find less driven sedan class diesel cars within your budget so you have to find hatchbacks only.

TATA Safari is a good vehicle but its huge so see if it suits your requirement. Maintenance will not cost high but keep note of ODO. SUV's will be often used for long drives so you should be careful when checking its conditions.

Last but not least point is the vehicle tyres. Try to find those cars which have recently got new tyres. At the ODO of 40-60 KM, you will find more cars with old tyres because some sellers will put on buyers head to buy new tyres. Not bad but you should keep note of it and negotiate accordingly.

Top Bottom