Used Santro Automatic. At What Price To Buy?

Thread Starter #1
Dear All,

Recently I came across a used santro automatic in Pune with a dealer, it's run 24000 kms, 2007 manufactured, car looks good, no issues, has a valid insurance, no accident etc.

The dealer is quoting 2.45 lacs, after negotiations he is quoting final figure as 2.05 lacs.

Is it a wise buy? Or should I look out for more options.

This car would be driven by my wife.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: Used santro automatic, At what price to buy?

Seems good. 2007 means its a 7 year old car.
Do check for Tyres, Plastic, battery condition as these can be expensive to replace.
The running is very less, if genuine it should be a good deal.

Thread Starter #3

The tires are good, plastics OK, service history shows no repaint, repairs. I have told him to come under 2 lacs. Let's see.

Major check for an Automatic is when it is fully loaded with passenger and drive across step slope UP & DOWN; Does the engine make some noise? "Like knocking".

Second step for any car try to drive it on a flat road and turn extreme to right & extreme left with slow speed [10~30] & mid [40~60]. Does any uneven sound under the hood. If so then check the steering motor.

Take the car to mechanic, lift it on RAM and inspect the tyre revolution manually, lower arms, suspensions etc.

According to me even if the ODO is ticking high like 70K and well maintained, it doesn't matter a lot. It means the car is used regularly.

But a standing car get more damaged when it is not used regularly, coz the burr or the carbon particle in the engine is settled down in the sump this could cause more damage.

If you ask me the price should be around 1.80 for this age car and the condition mentioned by you.

Yeah, km's driven are just one small aspect. It all depends on the way car was driven/taken care by previous owner.

Thread Starter #6

Thanks Amit and silverjet, I have quoted him 1.7 lacs. He is adamant at 2 lacs. He did call me in the morning, but I refused anything more than 1.8 lacs max. Let's see.

The car has been checked thoroughly.

Thanks Amit and silverjet, I have quoted him 1.7 lacs. He is adamant at 2 lacs. He did call me in the morning, but I refused anything more than 1.8 lacs max. Let's see.

The car has been checked thoroughly.
If you get it for 1.7 lacs it is no doubt a sweet deal. But i see you used to have an i10 auto, wouldn't santro be like demoting yourself. i10 has a better auto transmission than santro. As far as i remember, santro automatic is not cvt. Can be a fuel guzzler, please do check the mileage before buying. And also santro has been discontinued now, spares might become a problem. Please consider these factors before finalising the deal.

Thread Starter #9
Yes, I have already sold my i10 long back. A santro so that my wife will drive it and sometimes my dad. It's convenient to drive and park.

The Automatic gearbox of Hyundai is not that reliable nor it was sold in huge number so spares will be a problem i guess. Also in the resale market this does not have much resale value so the price that you have quoted is the right price. do not go beyond 1.85 thats the last sensible price on it.
check for tyres if it's good, also check for all the functions if they are properly working or not. also as amit said if you get a whining sound when you turn the steering completely may be something wrong with the steering. I hope you know all that as you have been an owner previously so expalining all the aspects i dont think is neccessary. All the best [cheers]

Recently I came across a used santro automatic in Pune with a dealer, it's run 24000 kms, 2007 manufactured, car looks good, no issues, has a valid insurance, no accident etc. The dealer is quoting 2.45 lacs, after negotiations he is quoting final figure as 2.05 lacs. Is it a wise buy? Or should I look out for more options.
Bro, I am afraid it is not the same car I had a look at, more than an year back for my friend. It was with an used car dealer near Vijay sales and Krome mall. My friend didn't buy it and I am seeing it parked in the same place for many months from that time. I am asking just because it is highly improbable that a large number of Santro automatics are available in Pune, may be I am wrong [roll].

Add my inputs to the list of all other memebers said, check the rotors for any uneven wear, scoring as AT cars tend to have worn out rotors at lesser kms compared to manual transmission due to lack of engine braking

Thread Starter #14
Thanks all for your replies.

This is not the car parked near krome mall. I have taken out the history and it has been serviced at only one place at a dealer in hyundai. That guy had called me yesterday. I had told him price should be considerably lower than 2 lac's and I will buy it.

Regarding the mechanical, the car is good. Had got it inspected from a person who used to work in hyundai previously.

Dear All,

Recently I came across a used santro automatic in Pune with a dealer, it's run 24000 kms, 2007 manufactured, car looks good, no issues, has a valid insurance, no accident etc.

The dealer is quoting 2.45 lacs, after negotiations he is quoting final figure as 2.05 lacs.

Is it a wise buy? Or should I look out for more options.

This car would be driven by my wife.
If you are more interested to buy a Auto-tranny then you go with it.

If you are looking for a car to be driven by your wife/dad, then I would suggest to just have a test drive of new TATA NANO Twist TX. You will love the easy ride and good space inside the small wonder car.

Mileage is very good even it is a petrol head. Price will fit in your budget and you will get a new car at that price. There is so many thing this wonder car have.

Tata Nano Image Gallery

Top Bottom