Used Maruti Suzuki SX4 or Dzire (Old)?

Thread Starter #1
I am planning to buy a used diesel sedan and came across few SX4 and Dzire (old one with bigger boot) with 2010/2011/2012 make.

Could you please guide me about maintaining these cars for about 3-5 years down the line ? both the cars have been stopped from production and I'm concerned that procuring any parts would be difficult ? but on other side, since its from Maruthi we can get the parts somehow [thinking]

parts related to internals (engine, turbo, etc) would be available, but what about external parts (headlamp, tail lamp, bumper, etc).

Mods: please merge it with existing threads (if any)

Re: used SX4 or Dzire (old)

Dzire has far more resale value than the SX4, Given the fact that both these vehicles have the same engine as well as the existing models share the same engine,getting parts should not be a problem. Also as its maruthi A.S.S. is also not a problem. and maintenance is always been the plus point of maruthi. having said all these points i would suggest Dzire from resale point if view Ride quality wise Sx4 is good. So you decide what would you like. This thread should have been ideally posted in the Automotive shopper Division. Mods i request you to please move the thread accordingly.

Last edited:

both the cars have been stopped from production
Old DZire is still in production (DZire Tour) and available only for Cabbies. So spare shouldn't be an issue here.

Selecting one out of these 2 depends on your priorities

SX4:
- A class apart
- Better ride & handling
- Higher power
- Good GC

DZire:
- Better resale value
- Spares availability

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Buddy,

I have recently got a 7 year old SX4 Vx petrol, As informed above by Satish, SX4 is good enough in case of ground clearance and power. It is far more comfortable than Dzire. However, the only and major drawback is that its not produced now by Maruti and this car drinks petrol like normal water! Very poor average.

I feel Dzire is the one to go for. Compact and easily maintainable.

Regards

Akash

Old DZire is still in production (DZire Tour) and available only for Cabbies. So spare shouldn't be an issue here.

Selecting one out of these 2 depends on your priorities

SX4:
- A class apart
- Better ride & handling
- Higher power
- Good GC

DZire:
- Better resale value
- Spares availability
Yes well said. DZire old is still in production and will remain till 2016. So spare wont be a big issue here. But I would be at your place would have look down for SX4 Diesel model, since you will find those with lesser RUNS; but the options would be very limited.

If you look for SX4 then top end petrol variant is easily available with lot many options and you fit CNG kit for better FE.

Swiftian, both of them are running on the same DDis 1.3L fiat mill with sx4 engine detuned with 90bhp power as available on ertiga currently.
space as well as comfort would be more on sx4 with higher GC as well as boot space.
shortlist the ones you like looking at the service records, external body, interiors maintained and mainly how much it had run till now.
Dzire is still in production so spares wont be an issue and it would fetch you better resale as well as FE compared to Sx4.

Thread Starter #8
thanks everyone for the valuable feedback [:)]. trying to find a good options for both these cars with less KM in ODO.

do I have any other good options available in used market ? my priority requirements would be;
-Diesel
-Bigger boot
-Good GC

Last edited:

Top Bottom