Purpose: Regular Use
Seating Capacity: 5 Adults
Type of Segment: Hatchback

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Looking for a new car in Pune

Budget: 4.5-5.5L
New Car
Go for either Wagon R Stingray or Celerio also is good. Not suggesting TATA BOLT since boot space in width is very less though can be increased with rear seats folded. Apart from boot space, BOLT is a viable option for you in the budget. Prices will be announced at its launch next week, but definitely in Petrol you may get XM or XMS variants. BOLT's engine performance is also good in Revotron Petrol.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3
Thanks Akash,

I had recently seen Bolt on display in one of the malls. But those guys didn't knew anything about the price, release date, features and difference between variants.
So far I liked Wagon R, and Grand i10 Manga.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Thanks Akash,

I had recently seen Bolt on display in one of the malls. But those guys didn't knew anything about the price, release date, features and difference between variants.
For your convenience, please refer to the TATA BOLT test drive review here. It has all variant details also.

Regards

Akash

Rightly pointed out Mr.Boss. However i10 grand is the vehicle i feel with 1.2 petrol engine and a 256 ltr boot space. as well as a mileage of 18KMPL. i10 grande Magna version has a ex-showroom Delhi price of 4.82 lac. Its got design and reliability, not a tall boy design which is boxy i.e stingray( No offense to anyone its IMO).

Last edited:
Rightly pointed out Mr.Boss. However i10 grand is the vehicle i feel with 1.2 petrol engine and a 256 ltr boot space. as well as a mileage of 18KMPL. i10 grande Magna version has a ex-showroom Delhi price of 4.82 lac. Its got design and reliability, not a tall boy design which is boxy i.e stingray( No offense to anyone its IMO).
The reason why I suggested to buy a MS StringRay is because, in your budget you can buy a top variant which includes features like ABS+Airbag. Whereas if you think of i10 grand Magna, it got just a style but you miss the most important feature call ABS & Airbag.

Its upto you for What you give the priority Safety or Style. But personally recommend ABS equipped vehicle.

Although StringRay may look little boxy but it also has its own styling, if you look it from other angle. And if you compare space then surely you will love the high roof, comfortable seats and good leg room.

For instance watch this two important videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKiTAcXK6M4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12r0wUBhMF4

If you are more deviated towards i10 Grand, then add some more to you budget and go for top variant.

@ amitpshelke I'm old school driver brother. No offense it was my opinion and i specifically mentioned it at the end of the post that ,its my opinion only it may change from person to person. also the engine spec that was requested by the buyer doesn't suite the stingray engine spec. that was the whole point i posted my opinion. That's all. I personally don't like stingray's that's all but im not biased about it in anyways. as long as one wants to buy it and if its suits that person's requirement he is free to do so.

Why not try the Toyota Liva. It ticks all your requirements. Though it is not as good looking as others, but its an excellent car. For you're budget you can get mid variant G for 5.11 lakhs or V for 5.52 lakhs. It I a genuine 5 seater with very good cabin & boot space. Toyota's are known for reliability and low maintenance, so look at the Liva.

Why not try the Toyota Liva. It ticks all your requirements. Though it is not as good looking as others, but its an excellent car. For you're budget you can get mid variant G for 5.11 lakhs or V for 5.52 lakhs. It I a genuine 5 seater with very good cabin & boot space. Toyota's are known for reliability and low maintenance, so look at the Liva.
And Toyota now offers dual airbags on all its cars as standard ! Another option is the Micra Active.

Stingray and Celerio are good options for the price band, however rear seats can accomodate 2 plus one kid. Boot is smaller as wel..

Liva is a good option and also bigger engine and you should also try the Chevy Sail Hatch - the space is very good in both for proper 5 seater, boot is big as well and the engine is 1.2 l - 4 cyl. You will get airbag and abs for the price range.

Safety should be your top priority so what ever car you choose make sure u have enough safety features in it. The positives of buying the higher trims are that they come loaded with all the safety features. Happy purchasing. [cheers]

Top Bottom