Indigo Diesel Sold. Now What?

Thread Starter #1
Hey Guyzzz![:)]
So, we just sold our Indigo LS few weeks back.
We are now searching for a *NEW* car[:D].

Our Requirements:
~Safety is our first requirement
~Good Mileage
~Budget is Rs. 7 Lakhs
~Loads of space
~Good power/performance
~Daily running = 35 Kms up and down.
~Huge (not very huge but more than enough) boot space.

Cars Considered:
M/S Ertiga Diesel
M/S Ertiga Petrol
M/S Swift Dzire
Hyundai Xcent

P.S. We are not aware of the variants and the features of them respectively. Please guide us![:)]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Vignesh, Ertiga Petrol Vxi or Limited Edition Ertiga that comes only in V Variant is fine. With a total run of 1000km in a month spending on a diesel car is not worth. Ertiga Zx will not come in quoted budget.

Swift Dzire is sub-4m sedan and a good one. Again, consider the petrol one only. Also, if you can wait then you can buy the face-lift Dzire that shall be launched in Jan-2015.

As for Hyundai, Dzire and Xcent fall in same segment. But, Hyundai's interior quality is to vouch for. Top class quality of interiors.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3
@Mr. Aakash
B-But, We are not looking for acceleration/power. We are looking for the pulling power (torque).
We want good pulling power which is enough to pull 5+ people easily. The diesel engine has that pulling power.
This was the reason for which we bought a 2nd hand Indigo *DIESEL* (Which is now sold).
And diesel engine has good mileage compared to petrol engines.
That's why considering Diesel engines more.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
B-But, We are not looking for acceleration/power. We are looking for the pulling power (torque).
We want good pulling power which is enough to pull 5+ people easily. The diesel engine has that pulling power.
That's why considering Diesel engines more.
In that case, Ertiga Diesel cannot come in 7 Lacs. You can choose between Xcent or Dzire Diesel. In Dzire, I guess VDi can be there. Mileage wise, if your monthly running is around 2k or 2000+ km then I think Diesel is a good deal but with the average running as you quoted, a petrol vehicle is ok. Based on your mentioned budget and daily running I provided my suggestions to you dear.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #6
What about Zest?
My dad is refusing a TATA because he is fed up with the engine problems he faced with Indigo.
After 1^10^000 kms, we faced many problems in engine and the mech told us to replace the whole cylinder head itself.
Did TATA improve their overall quality or.. the same faulty things going to happen to them and their customers?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
What about Zest?
My dad is refusing a TATA because he is fed up with the engine problems he faced with Indigo.
After 1^10^000 kms, we faced many problems in engine and the mech told us to replace the whole cylinder head itself.
Did TATA improve their overall quality or.. the same faulty things going to happen to them and their customers?
Vignesh, Zest is ahead of Indigo by leaps and bounds in terms of quality, aesthetic upgrades and technology. You can't compare Indigo to Zest on any grounds. Frankly, Zest has got no major issues apart from mud entering through wheel arc which I feel can be readily addressed by owner or ASC too. Rest, you can check our forum for various Zest ownership threads. Undoubtedly its a good choice/alternative.

Regards

Akash

@ RVSB i agree with Akash Here. There is no comparison to both the vehicles, Its like saying i wouldnt buy Fiat PUNTO as i owned a Fiat UNO. TD the car and then arrive at conclusions. I feel for the budget you have, even a petrol ford ecosport can be considered. Its easier to maintain a petrol than diesel. If your monthly run is only 1000 kms. Petrol engines can pull 5 full sized men or women with great efficiency. Go for diesel only if your monthly run exceeds 150-200 kms per day or 4000-6000 kms per month otherwise its wise to stay with petrol.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
I will suggest taking a close look at ZEST or Xcent.
You can get top models of these with Top safety for about 7 lacs.

Hey man, Congrats on your new car in advance! [clap]
RVSB said:
Our Requirements:
1. Safety is our first requirement
2. Good Mileage
3. Budget is Rs. 7 Lakhs
4. Loads of space
5. Good power/performance
6. Daily running = 35 Kms up and down.
7. Huge (not very huge but more than enough) boot space.
1. I don't think dZire should be shortlisted in that case
2. dZire can be shortlisted here :)
3. Since most cars in this price range offer ABS/Airbags only in the top-end trim, I will be shortlisting only top variants of some cars:
Swift
Zest (XMS P/D)
Micra
Vista (quite cheap but has lotsa space according to reviews)
4. Vista and Chevy Sail lead here, again according to reviews
5. Many cars sport the old 1.3 Fiat MJD and most sport a 1.2 VVT or MPI engine.
4, 6, 7. Sorry, but I don't understand why you need space and boot space and a huge car for a 35 Up/Down daily except for the occasional highway trip [confused]
RVSB said:
Cars Considered:
M/S Ertiga Diesel
M/S Ertiga Petrol
M/S Swift Dzire
Hyundai Xcent

P.S. We are not aware of the variants and the features of them respectively. Please guide us!
I suggest you look at more cars. Who knows, maybe you'll find a good deal where you least expect it!

P.S. Sorry this isn't a comprehensive answer, I had typed it out and the browser crashed. Also, info here might be wrong, so please confirm before believing anything [:)]

Hi RVSB,
With the plethora of options at bay, people are now spoilt for choices.
While the options people give will confuse you, i would suggest you to shortlist those models, the particular variants that satisfies your needs and start eliminating them to get to the final one you choose. Above all test drive all the vehicles.
My two cents on good buys will be
1) hyundai elite i20 - powerful diesel, spacious and good boot, tested mileage. Magna might come in your budget.
2) hyundai xcent - VFM, but lacks the thump, with five on board u will it will struggle.
3) Zest - the tried and tested mjd with class leading features at affordable price, u probably can even get the top end diesel for 8 lakhs.
4) Jazz? can you wait for it? 400lts boot, and i am sure engine will be a hoot.
5) amaze: great engine, minimal features but for < 8 lakhs no diesel can be better than this.
and ertiga?? even LDI will cost 8.5 OTR. if you can have that budget then try vento and rapid, ASS suck but both are gem. Plus they have huge discounts running on them right now.

Thread Starter #14
The need for a big car is the compulsion my dad's brother.
He's in US and when he comes here with his family, He wants to travel smoothly with a huge room and not get squeezed.
He may come here once in every 2 *YEARS*!!!!!

And my dad's office roads are almost highway-ish (He works in Bengaluru Intl. Airport).

The Idea is, He will buy the Car in Chennai through CSD and then he will bring it to Bangalore.
If we buy a car through CSD, We can buy the same car which is retailing outside but for very low price!!!

Top Bottom