Congrates Bro. You have taken the right decision. Zest is the way forward. Go for the petrol top model.
I have owned one recently just one week back and I am proud to tell you that its the best the money can buy at the moment at 7 lacs.
Just want to confirm that it should perfectly match your wish list-
1. Price- The Petrol top model (Revetron - XT) is within 7 lac OTR.
2. Safety- Packed with all safety features- 9th gen ABS
and corner stability control, Dual SRS Airbags, Reverse Park Assist etc.
3. Space - Lots of leg room and headroom everywhere. Transmission hump not that bothersome. Comfortable for 5 persons easily.
4. Boot space - Decent boot space of 390 litres.
5. GC - 175mm is more than sufficient. In fact it is the tallest sedan to drive and the GC is more prominent actually than those figures. Forget about banging at speed-breakers.
6. Engine- The petrol is turbo-charged with decent torque and power for a petrol engine. It has good pulling power even at low speeds due to non-existent turbo lag. Good for both city and highway commuting. For 35-40km daily running go for petrol with eyes closed. This engine will not disappoint you. For further fun, you have three drive modes as well. On sports mode the car get even livelier and you will get that extra punch on highways.
7. Sturdiness- Its the heaviest of the lot in its segment at about 1200kg quite sturdy and stable at high speeds. The best ride quality and NVH levels in its segment.
8. FE- Very decent for such a heavy car. You get 13-14 on mixed drive and 17-18 on highways with some sedate driving at 70-80 kph with ac on. (Don't read much into FE vs diesel when you get such a VFM
package under 7 L and with such less running you will definitely save more on petrol.)
9. I would suggest go for top model. You get FATC, reverse sensors, high end HARMAN infotainment system, DRLs and lot more in addition to all safety features at below 7 L.
- TATA has one of the widest service networks in India probably only after Maruti-Suzuki. Moreover the spares are easily available and cheap. The cost of ownership will be definitely less with TATA. Only issue is with the quality of ASS
. But with zest they have upped their ASS
and they seem to be more friendlier and courteous than before.
11. Reliability- The Zest seems to be built solid and the quality of parts is now comparable with its foreign competitors and no where near indigo for that matter. Now its a five months old baby in the market and the reviews till now are definitely positive. And the minor niggles like mud in engine bay issue etc. has been addressed by TATA within no time. That means TATA is listening to customer feedbacks and cares more than ever before.
All in all I will say go for the Zesssst. Its the best. Go for Petrol XT.