Gift To Sister: New Alto K10 or Wagon-R?

Alto K10 or Wagon R?

• Alto K10-2014

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Wagon R

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

This is my 1st thread in this category of T.A.I and intent of this thread is to fulfill a social convention i.e Gift a car on sister's marriage to be held in 2015 March.

Now, since my uncle expired in August this year so my sister's family is not in that state to give a CITY or Ciaz. Their budget is 2.5 to 3.5 Lakhs on road.

Though, I have suggested, giving Zest, of which half cost will be born by us and half by in-laws. My reason to suggest Zest was psychologically satisfying her future in-laws with a sedan.

My aunt has asked me to decide on this. However, has strictly told me not to support financially in this regards.

Please suggest the viable option among them.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Well if you want to keep your Sister much more Safer,Go with the Chevrolet Spark which has a Much safer structure than these 2.If at all you ask me on this,I would go with the K10 as it is much newer than the Wagon R.But do consider Safety with the Sparky,Sir.

Friends,

This is my 1st thread in this category of T.A.I and intent of this thread is to fulfill a social convention i.e Gift a car on sister's marriage to be held in 2015 March.

Now, since my uncle expired in August this year so my sister's family is not in that state to give a CITY or Ciaz. Their budget is 2.5 to 3.5 Lakhs on road.

Though, I have suggested, giving Zest, of which half cost will be born by us and half by in-laws. My reason to suggest Zest was psychologically satisfying her future in-laws with a sedan.

My aunt has asked me to decide on this. However, has strictly told me not to support financially in this regards.

Please suggest the viable option among them.

Regards

Akash
i test drove the new alto k10, the comfort is not good in it, the seats where small and leg room is very less , as wagonr is more spacious and some thing which is easier to drive and can pack many friends inside .
also safer than alto k10, which does not have the energy absorbing frame which wagonR does have!
my mom and my sister liked the red waggy than alto which i asked them at the showroom.

you can also consider i10, its also a nice car .

Thread Starter #4

Akash1886

Honoured Member
i test drove the new alto k10, the comfort is not good in it, the seats where small and leg room is very less , as wagonr is more spacious and some thing which is easier to drive and can pack many friends inside .
also safer than alto k10, which does not have the energy absorbing frame which wagonR does have!
Thanks Prasanth, But their budget is really confined. Grand i10 might not fit in as scope of extending budget is not there. Had I been told to present a car then it would be a different thing but that's not the case dear.

So, decision to be done among these 2 only.

Regards

Akash

Thanks Prasanth, But their budget is really confined. Grand i10 might not fit in as scope of extending budget is not there. Had I been told to present a car then it would be a different thing but that's not the case dear.

So, decision to be done among these 2 only.

Regards

Akash
I told about normal i10 bro, not the i10 grand

Dear Akash,
Maruti Suzuki Wagon r would be a better option when interior space is a major requirement according to you, when it is compared with the chevy spark, hyundai i10, alto k10. And the Wagon r has a lot amount of legroom and as well as the headroom so it is better to go in for the Wagon r or the Stingray (If you want something different from the Wagon r ) upon the Alto K10.

The Wagon r would be the best airy cabin than the above said hatchbacks. And if it is going to be driven mostly within a city, please consider the Maruti Suzuki Ritz Petrol (but it is not that much airy as the Wagon r).

Hyundai Eon is also a better option than the 2 hatchbacks you have mentioned as it has many features and it is a value for money hatchback. But hyundai's Eon seating would be a bit low than the Wagon r.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Well that would be a obsolete pick. I can get the same at good price no doubt but its phased out. Any idea on Hyundai's Eon?

Regards

Akash
No i 10 is not phased out, eon is again something like cost cutting factor like alto
You can check out my wagonr stingray ownership review, see the interiors and styling, for the price you pay, but its 40k more than standard wagonR, but its worth paying.

Coming back to i10, its no bad car.
Its good at its quality interiors and mileage department too, some thing prepositional hatchback , in design and not a tall boy like waggy,
If you are in this category you have few cars in hand ie <5lacks

Eon
I 10
WagonR
WagonR stingray
Tata Bolt at jan 20th releasing
Beat
Datson go
Alto k10

I recommended you i10 and wagonR because its for your sister who is getting married and some one who been with us for past 25 years from childhood , we may have gave them many gifts , but this is going to be with her at her new place, remembering you and family .
So get her something pretty and precious

Know her liking colour, she would have told you some day that what car she likes , or any car she liked passing by in road, something like that ?
Any colour suggestions by her for your past car purchase?

Think about it, its a well investment.
If you want something less in pocket and good at its best

It will be eon at the list
Compact and yet solid quality with pretty decent engine

Next will be off course i10 and waggy

i10 comes with two engines
1 and 1.2 l
Wagonr comes with revolutionary k10 beast

In comfort level both are same, where wagonr is spacious and easy to get things in and out , carry too much of things if seats are rested down , where for men we drive fast, so here comes the fun part, in i 10 you wont get that body roll .

Mileage
Both are pretty descent mileage guys
You get 18solid in city
23 to 26 at highways

Interiors
Oh god what should i say, both cars have unique interior touch
Its based on individuals taste

Performance
Its out of question
1.2 i10 will lead waggy but not the 1ltr Hyundai

K10 engine is awesome man.
From 3k to 7k in any gear you get quick acceleration , second is my favorite in citys , do make some cars think :O .

Dont worry about running costs and all, we are here to spend for everything in life, this part is not an issue, difference will be 1k in bills , it will be equal to one hotel bill we pay with family dine.

A bit premium ?

I10 grande will be a sure winner !

Thread Starter #9

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Maruti Suzuki Wagon r would be a better option when interior space is a major requirement according to you, when it is compared with the chevy spark, hyundai i10, alto k10. And the Wagon r has a lot amount of legroom and as well as the headroom so it is better to go in for the Wagon r or the Stingray (If you want something different from the Wagon r ) upon the Alto K10.
Undoubtedly Wagon R has the best seating posture with easy egress and ingress. The Stingray is not in consideration since they want a simple looking car. I just referred to Vibhor's reviews on Alto K10 and Alto800. Both look viable. AMT Alto K10 is good one in terms of design and interiors.

The Wagon r would be the best airy cabin than the above said hatchbacks. And if it is going to be driven mostly within a city, please consider the Maruti Suzuki Ritz Petrol (but it is not that much airy as the Wagon r).
It will be mostly driven in City i.e Ghaziabad, Noida and NCR. Ritz is not in consideration due to rear shape and uncomfortable rear seats. I was the one who rejected Ritz based on above 2 grounds. Secondly, Diesels are not in monetary limits for them at present.

Hyundai Eon is also a better option than the 2 hatchbacks you have mentioned as it has many features and it is a value for money hatchback. But hyundai's Eon seating would be a bit low than the Wagon r.
I am keeping Eon Dlite+ as a option. Its OTR fits in budget as per Delhi price.

You can check out my wagonr stingray ownership review, see the interiors and styling, for the price you pay, but its 40k more than standard wagonR, but its worth paying.
As I have written in 1st post, my aunt is not ready for any financial help. She has fixed a budget and I have to refrain from paying for the vehicle.

Coming back to i10, its no bad car.
Its good at its quality interiors and mileage department too, some thing prepositional hatchback , in design and not a tall boy like waggy,
If you are in this category you have few cars in hand ie <5lacks
I agree Prasanth, but you have to understand dear, I have got certain guidelines, its a vehicle choice to be made as per provisions of a 3rd person. That is why I have kept Hyundai Eon in consideration.

Eon
I 10
WagonR
WagonR stingray
Tata Bolt at jan 20th releasing
Beat
Datson go
Alto k10
:agree:

I recommended you i10 and wagonR because its for your sister who is getting married and some one who been with us for past 25 years from childhood , we may have gave them many gifts , but this is going to be with her at her new place, remembering you and family .
So get her something pretty and precious
Appreciate your sentiments dear, she's my elder cousin sister[:)]. You know the limitations by now. So, decision is to be based accordingly.

Know her liking colour, she would have told you some day that what car she likes , or any car she liked passing by in road, something like that ?
Any colour suggestions by her for your past car purchase?
At present she has a Wagon R in Blue, Lxi. Though we'll surely go by her choice of color for sure.

Next will be off course i10 and waggy

i10 comes with two engines
1 and 1.2 l
Wagonr comes with revolutionary k10 beast
Right. Noted.

In comfort level both are same, where wagonr is spacious and easy to get things in and out , carry too much of things if seats are rested down , where for men we drive fast, so here comes the fun part, in i 10 you wont get that body roll .
Wagon R does have many positives. Its one of the choices as you know.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #11

Akash1886

Honoured Member
So Wagon R it is ! Any Reason why Spark wasn't taken into the picture ? Didn't like it ?
No Bharath, no final decision as yet. It could be a Eon too or Alto 800 or even Spark or Alto K10. I for a fact know Beat and Spark are the most reasonable to maintain. Wagon R also is a choice as I mentioned

I am exploring all valid choices in a defined budget which is not set by me but by a family member.

The reason for giving 1st preference to Alto K10 and Wagon R was that at present sister has a Wagon R but that is a old one and Alto K10 is the new refreshed Alto.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
For 3.5l onroad you can only get a alto 800 bro
And
Eon

For that you can get eon , my final verdict.
Other cars not possible.
I bought my waggy 5.30l on road
Wagon r standard was 4.90l vxi
You are 1. 50l far to wagonr.
Now rates are even more higher.
Any car you touch in list
Except eon, add alto 800
You get upto 5l avg keep in mind bro.
If you are sticking with 3.5l (on road) you can get low end eon.

:|

Eon on road price chennai x showroom

Hyundai EON D Lite
Rs. 2,91,828*

Hyundai EON D Lite Plus
Rs. 3,20,169*

Hyundai EON Era Plus
Rs. 3,34,166*

Hyundai EON LPG D Lite Plus
Rs. 3,46,344*

Hyundai EON LPG Era Plus
Rs. 3,60,353*

Hyundai EON Magna Plus
Rs. 3,64,127*

Hyundai EON LPG Magna Plus
Rs. 3,90,301*

Hyundai EON Sportz
Rs. 3,92,114*

Hyundai EON 1.0 Kappa Magna Plus
Rs. 3,92,745*

Hyundai EON 1.0 Kappa Magna Plus Optional
Rs. 4,04,718*

Add

Insurance Amount : Rs. 16,998
Registration Amount : Rs. 40,471
Extra

Last edited:
Friends,

See buddy, the financial issues can stop from gifting a bigger car but they can't stop from gifting a different car that can catch the attention as well as can give tremendous driving comfort.

Newly married couple means no need of having seven seats or acres of space etc. Why no do something that is praised by the person who sits into the gifted car for the first time?

Go for an Alto K10 VXi AMT, the car has an automatic gearbox, factory fitted ICE and there is enough space inside too. Wagon R is common and is more expensive. K10 AMT is lower in cost(around 4.2 lac on road), is better equipped, feels more upmarket than before, performs fantastically well and comes with an A/T.

Why be common when you can do something that is stylish in itself and offers the driving comfort of an A/T?

Gifting a Wagon R can be said that financial constraints caused it but gifting an automatic car adds some style even to that. Doesn't like K10, then go for Celerio VXi A/T - it costs around 5.1 lac on road; way better option than putting your 4.9 lac in a Wagon R VXi.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14

Akash1886

Honoured Member
the financial issues can stop from gifting a bigger car but they can't stop from gifting a different car that can catch the attention as well as can give tremendous driving comfort.

Newly married couple means no need of having seven seats or acres of space etc. Why no do something that is praised by the person who sits into the gifted car for the first time?

Go for an Alto K10 VXi AMT, the car has an automatic gearbox, factory fitted ICE and there is enough space inside too.
One of the preferred choices is Alto k10 AMT Vipul. I agree to your premise on it. My reason to consider the new Alto were fresh interiors and AMT. Since my sister would also drive at times so AMT is far better than MT.

As for the vehicle color, they are looking for a White, reason is simple i.e no extra color cost. However, I'll convince them for a metallic shade.

I am stuck between 2 different thought processes yaar, my aunt says not to go beyond Alto and Wagon R but at the same time have to think as per the expectations of the future family of my sister. My idea, as you may have read, was to provide a Zest, as it is, the value was divided 50-50 so we would end up paying 2.5 to 3 Lacs (which aligns with current budget) and rest would be shared by her in-laws.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom