Buying Used Chevrolet Captiva or Cruze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hello guys am new to this tai. Please help. I want to buy a used car. There are many used Chevrolet captiva's on used market[:)]. They are very cheap price]. But i want to buy one. If i buy captiva, i will keep this car atleast 4 years will it be any problem with long-term ownership[frustration]. Or i should look for a used Chevrolet cruze but its out of my budget, in hyderabad there are many captivas 2008,09,10, they are from 6-7 lakhs. What will be the maintenance cost its same engine as cruze,optra. Some people say maintenance is so high. What will be the maintenance cost is it higer. Than a skoda. Please help me. I want to buy a used car that is powerful and it shud be with me 4 years. Please help me...

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Buying used chevrolet captiva or cruze.

I want to buy a used car. There are many used Chevrolet captiva's on used market[:)]. They are very cheap price]. But i want to buy one. If i buy captiva, i will keep this car atleast 4 years will it be any problem with long-term ownership[frustration]. Or i should look for a used Chevrolet cruze but its out of my budget, in hyderabad there are many captivas 2008,09,10, they are from 6-7 lakhs. What will be the maintenance cost its same engine as cruze,optra. Some people say maintenance is so high. What will be the maintenance cost is it higer. Than a skoda. Please help me. I want to buy a used car that is powerful and it shud be with me 4 years. Please help me...
Manish, Welcome to TAI. I will not suggest either of the 2. Reason as stated by others is of high maintenance. Have owned an Optra for 18 months and I was pissed by its maintenance only. Used Chevrolet(s) are very high on pockets, much more than new one in general. Skoda and G.M are brothers from different mothers in terms of reliability.

I would suggest, If you are looking at Captiva then better go for a used Scorpio/ Xylo or a Safari. If you may consider a Cruze, then better go for a used Civic.

Regards

Akash

Both these cars will cost a hand & leg for a major part replacement. Better to stay away if you are looking for a daily ride. Or if it is going to be your weekend ride, and you are least bothered about the resale value, go ahead and get one.
I want to buy a used car that is powerful and it shud be with me 4 years.
Put down more details (like usage pattern, monthly running, etc) to comment / suggest better.

Thread Starter #4
Thank you akash and mr.boss. i own fiat linea diesel am worrying about its performance but cheaper maintenance and driven it 99000kms. I will not use car daily. Only 3-4 a week but for one month. I'll do long trips. I'll do most highway trips. Yearly a 15k-20k kms. Please i don't want petrol cars.. and please suggest me a used car tht should powerful and relatively cheaper on maintenance and shud be diesel.

Will it ok to buy a skoda laura

What will be the maintenance cost of skoda laura, for my linea doesn't even costed me above 60k. Thik so, my budget is 6-7 lakhs

Last edited by a moderator:

a used car tht should powerful and relatively cheaper on maintenance and shud be diesel.
[confused]i think that's an IDEAL CAR which doesn't exist in real life condition. All the very best for the hunt.
Will it ok to buy a skoda laura
"OK" for few & "NOT OK" for the rest. It depends on individuals, keep in mind Skoda isn't that cheap to maintain.

PS: Read this

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member

I'll do long trips. I'll do most highway trips. Yearly a 15k-20k kms. Please i don't want petrol cars.. and please suggest me a used car tht should powerful and relatively cheaper on maintenance and shud be diesel.
Based on Above!

Used Safari

Used Scorpio

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #7
Thank you again mr.boss and akash. Is it ok to buy a used jetta or laura. What will be the maintenance costs for one service. Ans please can u tell the prices of it's suspensions like that. Thank you. But safari and scorpio. I have used it. I don't like body roll and noise like that.

And am in hyderabad. I will sell my linea and buy another car. It's 2009 linea emotionpk 99000kms done. At what price. I should sell it.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Is it ok to buy a used jetta or laura. What will be the maintenance costs for one service. Ans please can u tell the prices of it's suspensions like that.
A BIG "NO". Both VW and Skoda are one. Used cars of them will be a White Elephant. If you have the money to splurge and ample time to devote then only venture into a used VW/Skoda. Their maintenance shall be equal or higher to a G.M vehicle. I have observed Skoda rather closely and know about VW too, advising you to stay away from them.

If you wan't to do that "1" mistake of your life, buy a used Skoda!

And am in hyderabad. I will sell my linea and buy another car. It's 2009 linea emotionpk 99000kms done. At what price. I should sell it.
Calculate it online. And post an Ad in Classifieds.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #9

Thank you soo much akash. Then which car. I should buy. Please suggest me. Am not bother about the vehicle is underated or. Company badge or few service outlets. I want a car that should powerful and diesel. That's all. Am not bother about it's maintenance but it should not high as skoda or gm. Which car i should buy. A used vento?? Or what about used renault fluence. Or a verna fluidic. But am worried about it's suspension as many said it's not suitable for highway. Please friends am fully confusing. Which car i should buy. Please help me

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Thank you soo much akash. Then which car. I should buy. Please suggest me. Am not bother about the vehicle is underated or. Company badge or few service outlets. I want a car that should powerful and diesel. That's all. Am not bother about it's maintenance but it should not high as skoda or gm. Which car i should buy. A used vento??
If you actually are good with brand reputation and ASC network then why settle for Vento, go for a used Rapid TDI 1.6. The Rapid by Skoda is the safest bet till now. Vento and Rapid are almost similar apart from some deliberate changes.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #11
Thank you akash, how is the performance of vento/rapid. I know it's 105ps. How is the performance of it in highway. Is it a highway car. And what about verna fluidic it's very powerful na 126ps what is your opinion. At what price. I should get a used vento and rapid.

And what is the maintenance costs of vento/rapid. And what is the rpm level when going 100kmph. Thank you soo much

Akash1886

Honoured Member

how is the performance of vento/rapid. How is the performance of it in highway. Is it a highway car.
As of the Rapid, Its a 4 Cylinder DOHC engine. Diesels are always good on highways. Rapid is not particularly a highway car but surely it won't disappoint you on the highways. In City driving the TDI as per ARAI gives 20.5 km/l so on highways you can expect it to give around 23-24 km/l.

And what about verna fluidic it's very powerful na 126ps what is your opinion. At what price. I should get a used vento and rapid.
Verna diesel is a good car too. Will be fuss-free ownership for you in long-term. In comparison to Rapid, Verna falls light on maintenance because Skoda's spares are slightly expensive. Yo may take a Test Ride of both. Verna is 1.6 and so is Rapid. You may check for various car selling online portals for an average price range of Rapid/Vento or Verna.

Also if possible give a look on used Sx4 diesel. Maruti's after-sales are un-paralleled. I have one Sx4 with me but that's a petrol one.

And what is the maintenance costs of vento/rapid. And what is the rpm level when going 100kmph.
If you compare Rapid's maintenance to Vento then Skoda is no-doubt slightly expensive. But if you compare Skoda Rapid to other models of Skoda like a used Laura then surely it will be less. For RPMs I guess you take a test drive.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #13

thank you akash, many people say verna has suspension problem is it correct. and sx4 is sama as linea engine, i already own linea, so no to sx4. am happy with linea but am changing car because of performance, so how will be the used verna fluidic. NOTE: i will travel most in highways, so please help me, and i have seen renaust fluence is used market. please suggest me a good car. thank you[:)]

am happy with linea but am changing car because of performance, so how will be the used verna fluidic.
If deciding factor is only the performance (in terms of power) the difference I see between Linea & Verna is hardly 30PS. Linea could be remapped to similar figures at a very nominal price (cheaper than Linea-Verna exchange)
What you gain with Verna is added power + few gizmos compromising the Fiat's build quality, matured ride & handling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom