Looking For a New Sedan / MUV Under Rs.9 Lacs

Thread Starter #1
Hi,
I am planning to buy a new car and looking for some guidance. I took a test drive for Ford Classic and liked it, however, came to know that the model is going to be discontinued in Jun' 2015. So, looking for other options:
Budget: Rs.7 – 9 Lakh
New or Used: New Car
Top Priorities: Safety, Comfort, Low Maintenance, Design, Luggage Space
Monthly Running: Between 1,500 – 2,000 Kms
Type of Fuel: Diesel
Purpose: Regular Use
Seating Capacity: Maximum 5 Adults
Type of Segment: Sedan or MUV
Request you to suggest some good options.

Regards,
NUBEE

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Looking for a new car

Hi,
I am planning to buy a new car and looking for some guidance.
Ciaz Vxi or Honda City Ivtec(2014) in Sedans. Petrol one is best since running is not much. I am not suggesting Verna since its due for face-lift in 2015.

In MUV, Ertiga is a good one. You can get Zxi in your budget. Though it is also due for face-lift but if you can wait then you can get AMT in Ertiga from March 2015. Also, If you like then try out Xylo. Recently some members have purchased it and have been satisfied.

Regards

Akash

I second Akash here.

It should be either City or Ertiga.

Since your running is above 1500 kms per month, so I recommend you to have a look at the diesel options of both.

Since you need luggage as well as passenger space altogether, I think that nothing beats an Ertiga here. Simple, buy one, take out the third row and slide the middle row to its rearmost position on rails and what you get is a very spacious, practical and comfortable 5 seater with a BIG boot.

Adding to this, you have the option of reclining seatback at rear as well as a car that is as compact as a hatchback with the utility of a UV - what else do you need?

Buy any 2014 stock car in feb and you will easily get heavy discounts too.

Please do consider Elite i20 Diesel Asta (o), Zest XT Quadrajet ( Sub 4m Sedan ) if you are looking for diesel. As you are from Chennai and looking for a diesel, you need to extend your budget if you want Mobilio Diesel / Ertiga Diesel.

Your daily run justifies to go for diesel mil. Here I am a ertigian from Chennai. First decide ehich segment your need is for. If compact sedan you can get a Zest AMT diesel, swifg dezire. If utility for sure you can go for Ertiga vdi or even a xylo d2/d4. Please TD all those cars before finalizing. Today`s market is very hard to choose a car as we have lot of options but you need to check reviews and TD before dreaming on it.[:)]

My pick would be Ertiga diesel/petrol or ZEST petrol/diesel. you need to extend your budget a bit too accomadate the diesel versions .

Ertiga is an all rounder(like yuvi) and you will not regret buying it. the petrol version is a bit of pain in city in 1 and 2nd gear. It's backed up my maruthi.

ZEST is a new car and it does it job well, it's a sedan can seat 5 people. both the revtron and diesel are good cars. It has a good ride quality too.

please stay from xylo d2/d4 and their wierd gear ratios and lack of low end, vauge gear box, it makes sense only if you run this vehicle as a taxi. but the variants h4 and above and the eagle engine is in a different league altogether.

sedans: My vote goes to ZEST.
UV: My vote goes to ertiga diesel/pertol.

if you prefer xylo, go for H6, H8

hondo mobilio is costly than ertiga and it's not setting the sales chart of fire. I have to say mobilio has fallen below the expectations of honda. ertiga makes sense than mobilio.

You can look at the Chevy Sail and Chevy Enjoy.They are good cars too.But LUV is a better buy than the Enjoy.But Sail is everything better than the Swift DZire and Honda Amaze.

My preference & suggestion (as suggested by many others) :- Ertiga diesel (as 2M per month makes diesel very cost effective in long run). It is 5 seater with very large boot space & when necessary, 7 seater.

Top Bottom