Hyundai Dilemma Hyundai Elite i20 or i20 Cross?

Thread Starter #1
Guys i am confused between choosing 2 hyundai models.
Elite i 20 or the still not launched i 20 cross.
I have heard that the performance charactersitics are gonna be the same,but still i would love to take a updated model...
Is it worth the wait?[confused]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Hyundai Dilemma-Elite i 20 or I 20 cross

Vishnu, Cross i20 and Elite i20 are 2 different models. Cross i20 is made to look a bit more rugged and adventurous where as Elite i20 is a normal daily commuter. As per your need decide between the 2. As for 2015 model, you may book a Elite i20 model in January and take its delivery.

Apart from that, Elite i20 has been on roads since last 2-3 months and has garnered respect among buyers. So in comparison Elite i20 would be a safe buy. Cross i20 is yet to be launched as you know, so why to wait, as it is we do not know how its going to fair in the market against the Elite i20 itself.

I would say, Go for the car that's available instead of waiting for the one that may be available later!

Regards

Akash

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

I agree with akash, go for the elite i20 and make sure you buy a 2015 manufactured car. They won't give any discounts and 2014 manufacture date will affect the resale value if you consider it.

I don't understand the cross models. Obviously the price will be high compared to the elite i20 but again resale can be less of the cross model.

Thread Starter #4
Vishnu, Cross i20 and Elite i20 are 2 different models. Cross i20 is made to look a bit more rugged and adventurous where as Elite i20 is a normal daily commuter. As per your need decide between the 2. As for 2015 model, you may book a Elite i20 model in January and take its delivery.

Apart from that, Elite i20 has been on roads since last 2-3 months and has garnered respect among buyers. So in comparison Elite i20 would be a safe buy. Cross i20 is yet to be launched as you know, so why to wait, as it is we do not know how its going to fair in the market against the Elite i20 itself.

I would say, Go for the car that's available instead of waiting for the one that may be available later!

Regards

Akash
Thank you sir,
and i think during january all auto manufacturers will cut down their price by atleast 50K,as part of 2014 stock clearence.

I agree with akash, go for the elite i20 and make sure you buy a 2015 manufactured car. They won't give any discounts and 2014 manufacture date will affect the resale value if you consider it.

I don't understand the cross models. Obviously the price will be high compared to the elite i20 but again resale can be less of the cross model.
I am going to keep it for quite a long time,so i think a 2014 end model and 2015 model both will have almost same resale value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pay extra just for body kits for an already over-priced car? Sense says you should go for the i20 elite until and unless you absolutely love the looks of the elite i20 cross and have gone mad over it that you are ready to pay that much! [:)]

I am going to keep it for quite a long time,so i think a 2014 end model and 2015 model both will have almost same resale value.
Vishnu, by january all the companies would increase the base price of all their vehicles which would be affected by end of first week or by far second week of january.If you are going to buy a 2014 manufactured car, book it by december.Year ending offers would be the best as what i believe as discounts even if the same continued would apply the price increase.
And yes get elite i20.

Pay extra just for body kits for an already over-priced car? Sense says you should go for the i20 elite until and unless you absolutely love the looks of the elite i20 cross and have gone mad over it that you are ready to pay that much! [:)]
+100 ! Hyundai can never get that Fiat-like Italian Eye-drooling over on the i20 Cross.But if at all you are in mad love,You can go for the i20 Cross.Do consider the Punto Avventura and Ecosport.That's what everybody are doing today.

The waiting period of Elite i20 is 3 months appx for Petrol and 2 Months apprx for Diesel. Elite i20 doesn't have any offers and even if you book now , you will get the delivery only during Feb and new prices would apply if it's increased. If you can get the car in December price itself, then it is worth getting confused. If it's not, then it is worth to wait for i20 Cross , see the reviews of it and then decide.

Thread Starter #9
Went to 2 showrooms today,overall satisfied by their customer support.
1.Hilton Hyundai Trivandrum-
I was welcomed pleasantly by Service staff into showroom.As i knew Hilton staffs well ,i demanded a meeting with my friend ,Mr.Antony(sales advisor),service staff took me to waiting room(lounge).Within 2 min, Mr.Ratheeesh came,and he told that Mr.Antony was on leave , but he connected me to Antony via phone. He told me that if test drive was available you may go with ratheesh itself,and when he returns on monday he will drop by to my home.
Due to my bad luck Test drive was booked till 5pm today,so i just saw the demo model placed inside showroom.I entered driver cabin, adjusted the seats till back end,then reentered the backseat and checked for legroom, it was better than my wagon r but not as great as scala/sunny.I talked with ratheesh and told him to arrange for a testdrive on monday.
He assured his best

2.Popular Hyundai trivandrum-
Welcomed me wholeheartedly,i talked them about my ride's variant and other details.Here, testdrive was ready on spot.
When i released the clutch, the power of the engine was dispalyed greatly.Drove about 3 km( i wanted to go to another place,so couldn't spent much time), steering weighs from 65 km (approx),not as great as ford.Brakes where good,suspension better than old i 20, can be improved though.

Common things between 2 showrooms-
1.Both of them told that elite i 20 has got no offers.Other models have exchange bonus,elite i 20 doesn't have this.
2.On road price of Asta-CRDi variant comes around 881000.

Now i am planning to take my present car to both showrooms, which one offers more will go with them.[:)]

Good luck in getting the elite! This was a no brainer comparison because there is no idea when the Elite cross would be launched and it would look. Lets face it, Hyundai are either too aggressive with the styling or its too old school(not nowadays) though with the Elite i feel that they have got it exactly right. Anyways, waiting for your experience.

Hi Vishnu,
Elite i20 is going on 2 3 months waiting. So I guess they will not have any stocks left of 2014 models. And Hyundai is contemplating on a price hike on 2015 models. So plan well. I would suggest you to stick to elite i20. If cross has just a cosmetic update, it doesn't make sense.

Thread Starter #14
A bad news and good news-
I have booked a swift zxi
While my cousin brother who resides in trivandrum, i 20 elite asta petrol
[;)].
Maruti guys quoted my old wagon r - a amount of 1.4 lakhs.(2003 model)
with that amount going to do some mods in ICE and exteriors.

Not sure about the changes that'll be there in Cross i20 over regular version. I too thinked twice before booking the regular version. Not expecting anything major changes. Regarding waiting, I think you might get one soon if you push the dealer, I have booked one on 26th and I am expecting delivery before 31st this month. I am getting factory fresh car and not any old stock one. I saw other colors in the stockyard before finalizing and did not see any Red Asta that I have booked, I too was surprised by getting it so quickly.

Top Bottom