Mahindra Xylo H8 or H8 Premium?

Thread Starter #1
We had booked the Xylo H8 Premium version from MPL Automobiles, Chennai, paid the full 13.5 lakh on road price and now they are telling they ran out of stock of H8 Premium version but they have the Normal H8 Without Airbags or Alloy wheels. They told they can give the normal H8 Version within this week but for the Premium version i have to wait till february. So they are insisting we take the normal H8 version. We also want the vehicle before December 25th because we have planned for a kerala trip. They told they will fit the alloys and all the accessories in that difference in cash between the models. So should we wait for the Airbag available premium version or should i go the ordinary one ?

PS - I have been using a car for the past 7 year without ABS or Airbags without any problem, so should i wait that long or should i just choose this one instead without the Airbag option.

Thanks in advance [:)]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
We had booked the Xylo H8 Premium version from MPL Automobiles now they are telling they ran out of stock of H8 Premium version but they have the Normal H8 Without Airbags or Alloy wheels. They told they can give the normal H8 Version within this week but for the Premium version i have to wait till february. They told they will fit the alloys and all the accessories in that difference in cash between the models. So should we wait for the Airbag available premium version or should i go the ordinary one ?
Hari, sorry to hear your ordeal buddy. Firstly, Going for a non-abs vehicle will be wrong since as per Govt. directive from 2015 all vehicles should have ABS and Airbags. Alloys are not that important as the safety feature are.

I would suggest you push them to provide it asap and not till February. Tweet your dealing with Mahindra dealer to Anand Mahindra.

Regards

Akash

We had booked the Xylo H8 Premium version from MPL Automobiles, Chennai, paid the full 13.5 lakh on road price and now they are telling they ran out of stock of H8 Premium version but they have the Normal H8 Without Airbags or Alloy wheels. They told they can give the normal H8 Version within this week but for the Premium version i have to wait till february. So they are insisting we take the normal H8 version. We also want the vehicle before December 25th because we have planned for a kerala trip. They told they will fit the alloys and all the accessories in that difference in cash between the models. So should we wait for the Airbag available premium version or should i go the ordinary one ?

PS - I have been using a car for the past 7 year without ABS or Airbags without any problem, so should i wait that long or should i just choose this one instead without the Airbag option.

Thanks in advance [:)]
Please escalate this issue to M&M immediately. Send strong E-mail to customer care and if possible send email to top management.

Otherwise cancel the booking and look for other option.
Please do not compromise on safety feature.

If your budget permit then please look into Innova as well.
Also Tata Aria and Maruti Ertiga is there.

If you are open to Used car then you can get a excellent example top end Innova in your budget.

350Z

Core Team
We had booked the Xylo H8 Premium version from MPL Automobiles, Chennai, paid the full 13.5 lakh on road price and now they are telling they ran out of stock of H8 Premium version but they have the Normal H8 Without Airbags or Alloy wheels.
This is an example of sheer negligence and unprofessional attitude. Didn't they knew about the limited stock before accepting the amount?

They told they can give the normal H8 Version within this week but for the Premium version i have to wait till february. So they are insisting we take the normal H8 version. We also want the vehicle before December 25th because we have planned for a kerala trip. They told they will fit the alloys and all the accessories in that difference in cash between the models.
Airbags are the biggest differentiator between H8 and H8 Premium. How are they going to equip that?

So should we wait for the Airbag available premium version or should i go the ordinary one ?
None. Cancel the booking altogether with this dealership and get the full refund at earliest.

Accidents come uninvited. I've seen people driving without seatbelts with no trouble (Not that I encourage it) but that by no means reduces value of wearing them.

PS: Check with other dealers. I wouldn't be surprised if they offer H9 for the price of H8 Premium considering its year end. You need to persist and haggle hard.

Drive Safe,
350Z

What I would do is I would teach these M&M Guys the value of Customers by Cancelling the Booking and go for the TATA Aria.That's the only way they would like to treat the customer.

Yes, I read in news somewhere in 2015 all the commercial vehicle will have to follow ABS & Airbag norms [but not sure about the detail news].

Appart from that ABS & Airbag should be there for you and your family safety, coz you cannot buy a LIFE by saving some money [may 1 lac for these features]. ABS & Airbag really help in saving you from major accidents.

Instead of going for H8 premium, rather choose H9, the best part is you get
- Airbag [must have feature]
- Italian Leather seats [will add elegant look to your car]
- Voice command [good to have]
- Power Window with Anti-Pinch [ good if you have kids in your family]
- Puddle Lamp [experienced this lacking in my car during rainy season]
- Audio System + Bluetooth [good to have]

These really some good features you must focus on rather than ALLOYS of unnecessary graphics or badging [coz what normally INDIAN car market give customer in their premium version].

[Buying a Premium variant means that this car will be sold in limited quantity, with some more features to the TOP variant, that adds more value to the aesthetics and these features are cannot be done aftermarket. Something what HONDA did with Mobilio.]

According to me the difference is not much to be considered.

READ below incident :

My friend recently survived in major accident near "CHIKALDARA GHAT" due to airbag and ABS in his PUNTO. He told me that he experienced the ABS was working under his feet while he BRAKE with full force [ABS motor was pulsating...] during the accident, otherwise he would have banged it with maximum impact. He survived with a little injury on his left feet and left hand.

@ Hari nair,

Get only the one with Airbags + ABS = Premium variant.
Shoot an e-mail to Mahindra customer-care [customercare@mahindra.com] with all the details and tell them strongly that you need the vehicle by the promised date, for which you made the full payment in advance.

Hari,

Clearly say NO to dealer for giving normal Xylo H8. Always go with a vehicle as ABS & Airbags. Raise your issue to M&M. If possible, ask them to change the dealer, Otherwise M&M can arrange your variant to the particular dealer.

Be ready to walkaway from the dealer at any point of time if your don't get booked variant. Look for other options as per the earlier posts.

Refer the below threads and choose a wise option.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/indian-auto-news/17982-should-we-buy-cars-no-safety-devices.html
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/17288-hyundai-verna-ownership-review-no-safety-full-safety-22-days.html

Slight deviation - why dont you tell dealer to switch it to XUV. The finish and overall vehicle is much better and so will be the re-sale at later date. Xylo is outdated and given its tall body not having ABS is not the best option, especailly since you have the budget to get the security features

What I would do is I would teach these M&M Guys the value of Customers by Cancelling the Booking and go for the TATA Aria.That's the only way they would like to treat the customer.
Tata may teach you value of Good ASS & resale value later[;)]

rsrs_in@

I think xylo H 8 has ABS but no airbags. right?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
Slight deviation - why dont you tell dealer to switch it to XUV. The finish and overall vehicle is much better and so will be the re-sale at later date. Xylo is outdated and given its tall body not having ABS is not the best option, especailly since you have the budget to get the security features
Xylo H8 has ABS and EBD but no Airbags. I said no to XUV and Scorpio because it lacks 3rd row space [cry]

now they are telling they ran out of stock of H8 Premium version but they have the Normal H8 Without Airbags or Alloy wheels. They told they can give the normal H8 Version within this week but for the Premium version i have to wait till february. So they are insisting we take the normal H8 version.
I think this is just a business trick to sell an old stock before the year ends.Tell them to refund your money.I am sure if you do this ,they will provide the premium version you need before december 25th.

Hari Nair,now you have three ways in front of you.You can select the one suitable to you:

1.Wait till february as they told to you and get the one with airbags and ABS.No compromise on safety.
2.Cancel the booking and go to another Mahindra dealer.
3.If your budget allows you to extent again a lakh,then go for innova gx which has airbag and abs as standard.Toyotas are readily available(some colors) and they are now offering discounts this month due to festive season.

Top Bottom