Renault Duster AWD or Nissan Terrano As My 3rd Car?

350Z

Core Team
please suggest whether i should go for duster awd or terrano. im looking for good performance and looks.
Welcome aboard. Please spend a moment to answer the basic queries which are asked in this link. It'll help us to suggest the most suitable car as per requirements.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
Your Budget: (Eg: Rs.7 – 8 Lakh)- upto 15

> New or Used: (Eg: New Car)-new car

> Your Location: (Eg: New Delhi, India)-nagpur

> Top Five Priorities: (Eg: Safety, Comfort, Low Maintenance, Design, Luggage Space)-safety,comfort,design

> Monthly Running: (Eg: Between 1,000 – 1,500 Kms)-between 1500 to 2000

> Type of Fuel: (Eg: Diesel) -diesel

> For What Purpose: (Eg: Regular Use, Off-Roading)-regular use will be more but offroading will also be thr.

> Seating Capacity: (Eg: Maximum 5 Adults)-4 adults

> Type of Segment: (Eg: Sedan or MUV)compact suv

Your Budget: (Eg: Rs.7 – 8 Lakh)- upto 15

> New or Used: (Eg: New Car)-new car

> Your Location: (Eg: New Delhi, India)-nagpur

> Top Five Priorities: (Eg: Safety, Comfort, Low Maintenance, Design, Luggage Space)-safety,comfort,design

> Monthly Running: (Eg: Between 1,000 – 1,500 Kms)-between 1500 to 2000

> Type of Fuel: (Eg: Diesel) -diesel

> For What Purpose: (Eg: Regular Use, Off-Roading)-regular use will be more but offroading will also be thr.

> Seating Capacity: (Eg: Maximum 5 Adults)-4 adults

> Type of Segment: (Eg: Sedan or MUV)compact suv

Welcome on the forum,

Iam also in the same boat and my usage pattern and budgets matches yours.
Iam also in market and looking for similar kind of vehicle.

My suggestions after having multiple TD of AWD DUSTER are:

1.) If you can afford 14.25L (OTR Delhi) than one should go for AWD Duster.

Why Duster and not Terrano

First and foremost is terrano doesnt have AWD,
Second, Duster is cheaper than Terrano,
Third, Renault has more service centers and touch points than Nissan,
Fourth, availability of spare parts and resale value of duster is better than terrano.

I might buy duster within next 7 days.
and yes dont forget to bargain hard, like 50K more than their best offer on duster.

Thread Starter #5
tornado78 thanx for advice.im now confident and i'll go definitely for awd. my head was messed up with thots between looks and performance
and performance car is always better.

positive points over terrano:

all independent susp,
awd/2wd/auto mode,
eco mode,
esp/traction control/hill start assist,
and yes amazon green color looks awesome.
*also heard a rumour that renault not ready to share its i drive technology with nissan though both are brothers,hence terrano awd will be delayed by a year.

There is not much difference between them except for looks and AWD option. I guess even the suspension is same in both the cars. Its upto individual's visual preference to choose between them.

Unless you want to do some SERIOUS off-roading theres is no point in wasting your money for AWD.

Thread Starter #9
guys there are many wildlife santuries near nagpur and i go often for offroad drives.so vehicle will be used 70% for city and 30% for offroading( condider it on a smaller scale; its not pure offroading).i will never take this vehicle in trench or deep water or climb rocks.

duster awd is extremly gud in terms of handling and stability.body roll is next to zero.compromise is on interiors but can go on with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you care for offroading then you go for AWD Duster.
In fact both Terrano and Duster have same engine,the interiors are bit more luxurious and aesthetically better in Terrano.
If you can spent a budget upto 14 lakhs,then why don't you try XUV500.

Count me in the same boat.Choices are Duster AWD and XUV. At this time, I feel the ride quality of Duster is better, but overall space and vfm is xuv w6. Can't help thinking about the niggles though I hear that those are quite a bit settled now.but suggestions are welcome.
Also felt the Duster Awd has much less bootspace and some turbolag, even though I am told it is reduced a bit. The clutch feels quite light. Conversely, the xuv felt a bit coarse in ride and handling, , but quite a bit more sprightly.

Top Bottom