Honda Civic vs Toyota Corolla (For Mumbai Roads)

Thread Starter #1
Hello,

I'm stuck deciding which car should I go for.(Honda civic vs Toyota corolla is my only option, please don't ask why? long story)
Both will be running CNG, travelling to places like Karjat etc
And will be driven quite a lot hence (CNG).

I currently have a maruti alto.
And its petrol and quite expensive to run.
Plus the ride quality is bad its like you can feel every pothole.
Over all its been a great car but time for a change.

I'm basically looking for a car which would be suitable for Mumbaroads and abit on its outskirts.
It should be safe and have good mileage on gas, it should be reliable, cost of its maintainance should be reasonable and it should provide comfort and ease to drive.

I don't mind picking any of them as long as I get all the things required above.

So experts! Please help.

PS. When I say Toyota corolla I mean the non altas version.

Thank you.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hi buddy,

I would say among the 2, Honda Civic is good choice simply because a pre-owned Toyota is difficult and expensive on pocket. Though Civic too is discontinued but still its easier to keep being a Honda.

Also, if possible then try and up-size the Tyre of Civic for better ride. Please give a proper check on the after-market CNG fitment.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3
Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

The only concern I had with the civic was that its low.
And in mumbai there are a lot of potholes and speed breakers.

That's all otherwise I prefer it over the corolla

I asked my dad and he said he likes the corolla cause its cheaper to maintain.

I'm in a real fix guys please help

Mr.Hollowback,How about a Used Optra or Cruze ? Optra Petrol is Dead Cheap today with CNG.I am like,you would get a Top-end Model (1.6 or 1.8) with ABS,Airbags,Sunroof,6 CD Changer 2-DIN Auto System,Higher Ground Clearence than Corolla and Civic,Beautiful Ride Quality and Lotsa Space under Rs.2,00,000.

Here is a 2005 Optra LT 1.8 with CNG Kit Installed.Asking Price is Rs.1.6 Lakhs

Chevrolet optra 1.8 lt for sale - Mumbai - Cars

I feel this is a Better deal than a Used Corolla or Civic.Much more Cheaper

I have Experience : My Father Owns a Used Optra LS 1.6 for 6 Years.He is still using it.It is a Reliable car.She has never given us any trouble yet even on the
Highways,Loves Highways,Gives in 13 Kmpl in City with AC On (Nitrogen and Alloys) and sometimes crosses 18 Kmpl in Highways.Still
Maintained in Top Nick.He got it for Rs.2.5 Lakhs 6 Years Back.She is Cheaper to Maintain then the Civic and Corolla

Please do consider my Suggestion.Thanks

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
Mr.Hollowback,How about a Used Optra or Cruze ? Optra Petrol is Dead Cheap today with CNG.I am like,you would get a Top-end Model (1.6 or 1.8) with ABS,Airbags,Sunroof,6 CD Changer 2-DIN Auto System,Higher Ground Clearence than Corolla and Civic,Beautiful Ride Quality and Lotsa Space under Rs.2,00,000.

Here is a 2005 Optra LT 1.8 with CNG Kit Installed.Asking Price is Rs.1.6 Lakhs

Chevrolet optra 1.8 lt for sale - Mumbai - Cars

I feel this is a Better deal than a Used Corolla or Civic.Much more Cheaper

I have Experience : My Father Owns a Used Optra LS 1.6 for 6 Years.He is still using it.It is a Reliable car.She has never given us any trouble yet even on the
Highways,Loves Highways,Gives in 13 Kmpl in City with AC On (Nitrogen and Alloys) and sometimes crosses 18 Kmpl in Highways.Still
Maintained in Top Nick.He got it for Rs.2.5 Lakhs 6 Years Back.She is Cheaper to Maintain then the Civic and Corolla

Please do consider my Suggestion.Thanks
Thank you so much for this suggestion but my dads already driven this car for about one year!
Your idea is great
But since he's use to it he plans for something else from the two!

Thanks again!

Top Bottom