Force One SX or Tata Aria Pleasure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
I have been searching for a proper 7 seater for almost a year and atlast with my budget I ended up with these two options they are:
1. Tata Aria Pleasure (2014)
2. Force One sx (2014)
My Priorities would be good ride,proper handling and fuel efficiency. Now I am more confused about which to choose.

Please advise and thanks in advance.

Re: Force One SX or Tata Aria pleasure

I have tded Aria once for short distance and not for Force one. The space, suspension and engine are much better in Force than Aria. The fit/finish and accessories in Aria are better than Force.

Force vols are lower than Aria (whcih itself is low) in metros, but was told by Force sales that the interiors of MH and North are seeing good sales that they are happy about.

ASS of Force is less than Aria, but ASS is an issue only when the vehicle itself gives lot of probs

Re: Force One SX or Tata Aria pleasure

My vote will go for a ARIA.
All india Service networks and the car is already in the market for sometime.
So now you will get a better car then Force1.

Thread Starter #4
Hi,
Sorry for the late reply and thanks for your advice

I test drove the newly launched Aria (pleasure variant) as they only had one vehicle with them so i test drove the aria with more expectations and it just overfilled my expectations and i was about to book one but now I am more interested in the top end variant of the newly launched aria (Pride 4x4) as I already have a Maruti Suzuki Gypsy Hard top (2009) and like it's off-roading capabilities so that is why i have changed my decision from the pleasure variant to the pride variant.

So now I have some few doubts about the 2014 pride variant, they are:

1. Does the electrical parts like Satellite navigation, Rain sensing wipers, Darkness Sensing headlamps, Rear Parking Camera works for more than 3 years without any fuss?

2. I one's had the chance to see the aria 4x4 (2012) in the service centre and I was more confused that whether it had a crown at its front, as my Gypsy has a seperate crown at its front for the four wheel drive so I was looking down the aria 4x4 to clear my doubt so my question is whether the aria 4x4 has a seperate crown at its front or not?

Please advise and thanks in advance.

Thank you [:)]

bhvm

Honoured Member
I'll say NO to Force one
Force one is a dead horse and is just a matter of time before it will be out of production. also Force Service is pathetic.

Aira is a good option if you can get dependable service. the comfort is very good and seats are huge!

I;ll suggest take a close look at XUV 500, safari Storme or new Scorpio.
Also try Honda Mobilio or Ertiga if you want smaller footprint.

Thread Starter #7
I'll say NO to Force one
Force one is a dead horse and is just a matter of time before it will be out of production. also Force Service is pathetic.

Aira is a good option if you can get dependable service. the comfort is very good and seats are huge!

I;ll suggest take a close look at XUV 500, safari Storme or new Scorpio.
Also try Honda Mobilio or Ertiga if you want smaller footprint.
I have test driven the following vehicles they are:
1. Mobilio - It has quite a big cabin, but my knee was almost pointing upward at the last row. I still liked this car but as my requirement is a more rugged vehicle (off-roading vehicle) so it was not on my list.

2. Ertiga - same as the mobilio
3. Xuv 5oo - This also has a big cabin, but the headroom was not as sufficient when it comes to off-roading (every time our head touches the roof when the vehicle runs through the potholes). I still loved to drive the vehicle and one day i was about to book the vehicle due to its pride stance but i was not satisfied with the last row and boot space.

I have also test drived the Safari Storme and the new scorpio but my requirement is that i must have a boot space with all the three rows upright. So these two were also not on my list.

Finally, I have short listed to the 2014 Aria two days before itself and i still want my doubts to be clarified. Does the electrical parts like the rain sensing wipers, darkness sensing headlamps, etc. in the top end 4x4 pride variant works without any trouble?

Please guide me Aria owners [confused]

Thanks in advance[:)]

Aria without any doubt for me. I have experienced aria first hand. My senior in office has that car, its pleasure, 2013 model (lower hp model) but that has absolutely no rattles, no issues whatsoever. Its ran for almost 20K as of now.

Owner is super happy with the vehicle.

For 2014 Aria pride you have a best ICE, Harman Kardon, and lots or other gizmos. All the teething trouble in aria have been sorted out.

However, i would recommend you to go for the gold amc and extended warranty, at the time of buying the vehicle. It covers almost everything and most of all full peace of mind.

bhvm

Honoured Member
if offroading is your main moto, I won't suggest any of the vehicles you're thinking. get fortuner or pajero 4x4 with proper low range box.

aria, xuv etc are soft roaders and wouldn't stand against the rock and mud. try scoprio 4x4 as a cheaper option. the one with less gizmos variant.

very advanced gadgets laden cars May trouble up in harsh environment.

Thread Starter #10
if offroading is your main moto, I won't suggest any of the vehicles you're thinking. get fortuner or pajero 4x4 with proper low range box.
I considered both of these vehicles at first but dropped the idea due to budget reasons, i just got the chance to see the interiors of both the vehicles but i didn't test drive it.
So I asked the owners of the fortuner about its ride and they said that it was bit bouncy.

I also considered the Mahindra Scorpio 4x4 as you suggested.
And some 2 months back i enquired to the owner of the Scorpio 4x4 who has owned his vehicle within a months of time and he said that it almost scraps the under body due to its ground clearance.
And my major requirement would be the boot space which would not be possible in Scorpio when all the seats are upright (filled with passengers) and as well as the ground clearance too.

So then i considered the bolero plus and due to its harsh ride quality as it has a leaf spring suspension set up i dropped it from the list. So atlast i was in the conclusion that i had to short list to 2014 Aria Pride 4x4.

Do suggest many vehicles of your choice.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
Why dont you test drive the refresh model Xylo ? Im gonna book the same next month [:D] but among the two i would select Aria. Good luck [;)]
Thank you very much for your advice. May i know which variant you are about to book? and what colour you are about to choose?

My Suggestion about the colour would be the silver,red or the white.

I will surely take a test drive of Xylo, but having Aria as my first option.

Thread Starter #13
very advanced gadgets laden cars May trouble up in harsh environment.
So, the gadgets in the aria would trouble me when it is driven frequently in rock and mud.
Does the gadgets start to rattle after some years?, because it will be mostly driven in rock and mud with steep slopes.

bhvm

Honoured Member
I considered both of these vehicles at first but dropped the idea due to budget reasons, i just got the chance to see the interiors of both the vehicles but i didn't test drive it.
So I asked the owners of the fortuner about its ride and they said that it was bit bouncy.

I also considered the Mahindra Scorpio 4x4 as you suggested.
And some 2 months back i enquired to the owner of the Scorpio 4x4 who has owned his vehicle within a months of time and he said that it almost scraps the under body due to its ground clearance.
And my major requirement would be the boot space which would not be possible in Scorpio when all the seats are upright (filled with passengers) and as well as the ground clearance too.

So then i considered the bolero plus and due to its harsh ride quality as it has a leaf spring suspension set up i dropped it from the list. So atlast i was in the conclusion that i had to short list to 2014 Aria Pride 4x4.

Do suggest many vehicles of your choice.

I do own a fortuner. A 4x4 MT with proper low range. And I must say that its very grunty. you can tackle very challenging courses with respect to expert driver. However it would push your Budget beyond 25L. Why don't you look for used fortuner at 15L? There's not much that can go wrong and such vehicles are usually trouble free.

Else take a look at safari Strome 4x4. Rear seats are not good but boot space is awesome. Also 4x4 setup is quite effective. Ground clearance is 220MM

I am not recommending ARIA as its a very heavy car and despite 4x4 can get easily stuck in mud etc. If you are willing to sacrifice Offroading, Aira should be no problem.

So, the gadgets in the aria would trouble me when it is driven frequently in rock and mud.
Does the gadgets start to rattle after some years?, because it will be mostly driven in rock and mud with steep slopes.
Exactly. You may face rattles, Loose contacts and gadget failures. Considering that most of the functions are now centered around the touch screen and center console, a Short circuit here could jeopardize the vehicle.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your advice. May i know which variant you are about to book? and what colour you are about to choose?

My Suggestion about the colour would be the silver,red or the white.

I will surely take a test drive of Xylo, but having Aria as my first option.

I am planning to book the H8 Premium version because it has everything compared to the H9 Top end model which includes voice commands, Who would waste their time by pressing a button, say a command and wait for the car to recognize whatever we just said and then do the action, instead we might as well stretch our fingers and put the headlight or Indicators on and off yourself. [frustration] It has cruise control too but i dont find it useful either, so its pointless to go for the H9 version which comes around 13 lakh on road. H8 Costs almost a lakh less and we got all the useful stuff in that [glasses]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom