Buying a New Sedan or SUV Under Rs.11 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
Planning to buy a car very soon. Confused between the city and the new ciaz. We are a family of 4, but we can expect guests occasionally hence wanting a bigger car. My budget is 11 lakh on road maximum. Thinking of buying Top end Xylo or The new Scorpio. Monthly travel will be around 1000 Kms.
Please help me guys [confused]. Totally Confused

Re: Confused

For 4+1, Ciaz is a better choice. If more than 5, then only going for Xylo makes sense. I have Xylo in my family and the legroom & headroom is not matched so far by anyone in this range. And don't go for Scorpio, leg room is not acceptable.

4+Occasional 1 = Ciaz
4+Frequent >1 = Xylo

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Confused

Dear Mr. Nair,

According to your monthly running, I would suggest you to go for Ciaz Zx AT. Its a good car and at the price point on which it is being offered at present it is VFM buy. The features are good, overall appeal is nice and would be a niggle free experience.

The reason I exclude all others are:

a) Honda City: Build Quality and the N.V.H levels are slightly on higher side. Comparatively feature wise also, Ciaz is more loaded than Honda City 2014.

b) Xylo: I personally don't find it that attractive as family car. Though it is one of the most practical 7 seater vehicle by Mahindra. At present it has been recalled for some technical issue. I would suggest you to have a look on Ertiga Zxi too.

c) Scorpio: I wouldn't suggest the diesel one at all. Plus as you are 4 people most of the time then such big vehicle is not required to be honest. It too has been recalled by Mahindra.

Maruti's after sales has an edge over all the others so this way as well Maruti shall be a good buy.

Regards

Akash

In between Ciaz & City, I'll pick Ciaz for Space & ASS Network and City for its engines, comfort. Petrol is super smooth and Diesel engine's NVH has come down compared to initial batches. Ask the dealer to show the engine noise of thier TD car and a car that has been allotted recently. There is a difference. Last week one of my friend got his City VX MT Diesel after waiting for 5 months. Engine sound is very low compared to my Rapid. In C Segment my choices would be
1. City
2. Ciaz
3. Linea

For 11 lac my preference will be: (4+Occasional 1)

1) Ertiga ZXi
2) Honda City
3) Ciaz
4) Linea
5) VW Polo TSI

If you don't crave for power and still want a spacious sedan then Ciaz is good choice, no doubt. Only think to note is that, the rear seat lacks under-thigh support which can make the rear passengers uncomfortable for longer journeys, the legroom is of no use then!

Maruti suzuki's are always pocket friendly,low maintenance cost,ease of service access,but if you need performance a bit more ,then look for other cars.Maruti suzuki always fall a bit behind in performance aspect.

Thread Starter #8
strange no one suggested me the new xylo. Test drove the beast yesterday and i loved it. Planning to book it. Should i go forward ?

Thread Starter #10
Whether to buy Xylo H8 Model ?

Drove the New Refreshed Xylo H8 Model. The car is having a 120BHp MHawk Engine same as the new scorpio.Personally i loved the car and its Ride quality. But many of my friends and family members are against buying the Xylo. I still dont know why people hate Xylo So much, apart from its looks. Is there any Xylo Owners here or any others who can help me with the question. Why are people against Xylo ? Im planning to book the car next month but im Confused now. Please help me guys. My budget is only 11 lakhs [cry]

Re: Whether to buy Xylo H8 Model ?

Hi Hari Nair,

People don't like the Mahindra Xylo mainly because of the following:
1. As you said it would be the looks.
2. It gives you an taxi image (Apologise to all pride owners of Xylo, it is from my knowledge)
3. Highway stability while braking above 100 kmph.
4. Ride is a bit on the bouncier side.

The Above all are upto my experience and I didn't mean to offend the pride owners of Xylo. My Suggestion would be that you please consider to take a test drive of the newly launched aria 150 bhp and I have test driven both the cars within a month so i was comfortable with the 2014 aria.

But still I loved to drive the Mahindra Vehicles.

Thank You [:)]

Major drawback from Xylo is it's Handling characteristics. Apart from this I don't see anything wrong with it (looks apart)

Thread Starter #13

Hi Hari Nair,

People don't like the Mahindra Xylo mainly because of the following:
1. As you said it would be the looks.
2. It gives you an taxi image (Apologise to all pride owners of Xylo, it is from my knowledge)
3. Highway stability while braking above 100 kmph.
4. Ride is a bit on the bouncier side.

The Above all are upto my experience and I didn't mean to offend the pride owners of Xylo. My Suggestion would be that you please consider to take a test drive of the newly launched aria 150 bhp and I have test driven both the cars within a month so i was comfortable with the 2014 aria.

But still I loved to drive the Mahindra Vehicles.

Thank You [:)]
Aria is too costly bro, comes around 15 lakh on road

That's okay, but you will be more comfortable than the xylo as the xylo is more in height compared to the aria so there will be an unsettled ride and handling when it comes to the xylo.

Just I want you to consider that's all, but I am not forcing you to book one.

Thank you [:)]

Top Bottom