Buying an Easy To Drive Car in India

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys [:)],

I want your views on selecting easy to drive car in India. It should have following qualities

1. Easy to drive on congested roads.
2. Easy to park.
3. Car with high outside visibility.

Budget max 6 lacs, to be driven by lady. Daily running will be around 20km on city road, steep slopes and in bumper to bumber traffic.

Re: Easy to drive car in India

Go for Nissan Micra Active. Easy to drive on congested roads, easy to park (turn radius of 4.6m), good outside visibility, and interior space. And it has the safety features too (ABS/Airbags).
A little beyond 7 lac, you can have the Micra CVT (automatic). I have one. 10000+ km of rattle free, trouble-free and economical driving in a crowded city like Pune. Doesnt get better than that!

Hi guys [:)],

I want your views on selecting easy to drive car in India. It should have following qualities

1. Easy to drive on congested roads.
2. Easy to park.
3. Car with high outside visibility.

Budget max 6 lacs, to be driven by lady. Daily running will be around 20km on city road, steep slopes and in bumper to bumber traffic.
Hello Rajesh ji!
I would like to suggest a few cars you could probably consider.
Nano XT: The power steering is very light and excellent while the car itself is very peppy and spacious. Visibility and maneuverability are the best.
Alto: The new K10 seems to be very good. Very low car and less space though.
Hyundai Eon: Stylish and great quality. 1.0 Kappa is powerful enough, but the smaller engine is not impressive. Light controls but handling and suspension are not impressive. Car has quite some blind-spots too.
Chevrolet Spark: Very good refined engine, good space and decent quality. Nimble handling and good visibility. Chevrolet badge a big "?".

I really don't want to suggest the Datsun Go; not just because it failed miserably in the crash-test, but the quality and value are the worst.

Also don't consider diesel, petrol car would be the best for your requirements. You could also have auto clutch installed if you do not plan to get automatic

Two cars : alto k10 amt
Positives are: very small,automatic

Brio manual / auto if you can afford it
Will give you better quality, Honda badge , a better engine over the maruti

These two cars are the easiest cars to drive in Indian market.

you can look for maruti celerio, have good space & very good outside visibility. i think in up to 4:50L price range celerio have best outside visibility now & easy to drive.

Thread Starter #7
Thanks guys, I shortlisted following in the order of preference:
1. Alto K10 Amt
2. Suzuki Celerio Amt
3. Maruti WagonR VXI

Not considering Micra for service issues ..

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8

Also don't consider diesel, petrol car would be the best for your requirements. You could also have auto clutch installed if you do not plan to get automatic
I have no idea about auto clutch installation, can you elaborate please.

Suzuki celario amt, wagonr vxi, honda brio, hyundai grand i10.
Test drive all the shortlisted ones and see which one suits your needs and requirements.

NANO Xt as suggested above by DJ Bro is the best among everything. i have 2 nano's at home they are older versions without power steering but the ladies in the house love driving that. they can park it anywhere. very small radius required to turn the car. easy handling. good service networks from TATA. Well im not much of a maruti guy i like the TATA's more. having said that nano interior space would put even a nice medium range sedan to shame. because it has so much space and leg room you cant imagine. sit on the rear seat keep one leg over another and you can sit peacefully which u cant do even in sedans except for premium sedans like sonata, accord, cruize etc which cost a bomb to own. Hyundai eon has good styling and the interiors, its refined. if its a lady driving, eon would definitely not cause too much of a problem but yes it has a few blind spots. as your budget is around 6k i think you can even try Hyundai grand I10 petrol, Maruti Ritz petrol this car has a nice road presence as well as good grip in my opinion. Fiat Punto Evo 1.2 even thats a good car however im not sure about the service part of it however have heard that Fiat is putting a lot of effort in that segment right now so it should be worth it. Hey we have Santro Xing as well fitting in that range its tried tested and in the market from past so many years so issues watsoever with the service aspect. and has a clear view. let me give a list because i have written randomly about all cars.
HYUNDAI
1.) Santro Xing GLS
2.) Grand i 10
3.) I20 petrol ERA
MARUTI
1.) Ritz Lxi or vxi
2.) Alto k 10 ( The resale for this is very poor though)
3.) WagonR Sting ray if u like it ( Personally i like only the headlight of the car )
TATA
1.) NANO XT
( TATA is known for diesel cars mostly, Im just justifying my love for the company:biggrin:)
RENAULT
1.) Pulse RXE mileage of 18 km/l (Service im not sure about) and also i think it has a blind spot IMO
FIAT
1.) Punto Evo 1.2

Last edited:
Celerio or WagonR are also good choices.
But I would suggest you to have a short TD of the Nano XT. I hope it will appeal to you and your family.
Else, the Celerio and WagonR are better and bigger choices if you need more utility. Maruti is yet to launch the AMT in WagonR though. The Celerio AMT is quite good and easy to drive as well.
I hope Tata soon launches the Nano Active with AMT.

Top Bottom