Buying New Honda Amazeda Amaze?

Thread Starter #1
I will be buying the Honda amaze SMT or SAT model from Delhi. After inquiring at ring road honda and automax i got a quote of 6.2 (smt) and 6.25 (smt) respectively. Now i have a few questions.

1- Should i buy it now or in December (hoping to get more discounts) ?

2- Is the AT model of amaze worth it? want to have a hassle free ride in the Delhi gurgaon traffic.. bumper to bumper.

3-I will be buying it cash down.. should i ask for more freebees from the dealer ?

Help appreciated :)

Last edited:
@arian29,

Honda Amaze is a very good choice despite its shortcomings like Interiors, Less Features.
Answers for you're questions,
1. You can buy it now if you need it immediately, otherwise buy it next year when there will be some discounts, but is unlikely to happen as Honda is not known to offer discounts on thier cars.

2. Yes, AT is good and is efficient and it also has 5 gears compared to Xcent & Dzire which have 4 Speed Gearboxes. Amaze is also efficient then Xcent & Dzire. You also get ABS as standard on S AT. Automatic cars at lot more convenient then Manual in Metros, so it makes sense.

3. You can ask freebies which are essential.

Get the car in december, thats the maximum time to get discounts on cars, with effective of january there would be price changes with all companies do increase the prices of their each cars and with cash purchase you can bargain hard for discounts and freebies.
As nishant said honda is not known for much of discounts but you can always bargain hard.
Do share what deals and offers are being given to you.

Thread Starter #4
The price quote is good from ring road honda. But.. No Freebees irrespective of the payment mode. No discounts. No offers. Also waiting period is till Jan end, if i book today. [surprise]

Car prices are likely to increase by this month so better reaserch more and grab the discounts as amaze did not sell good numbers in diwali season.

Never believe in such reviews because that's common to every cars. Everyone will say some things against that car.
He has mentioned poor quality interiors, that idiot must know what is difference between poor quality & good quality. I have been driving Brio since one & half year and I haven't faced any quality issues. Interiors fit & finish is very good, but interior design are not liked by many people.
I'll not believe in that.

Last edited:
Honda's are good in performance. But when it comes to design then only CITY could keep the benchmark for others. In terms of resale value CITY is the only car in the market from Honda that may give you a great value [* again depends on car condition.]

As far as the quality of interior are considered for BRIO, AMAZE or MOBILIO the plastic[ABS] is solid but doesn't feel good to hand. The design is not that appealing due to which the these car not shortlist by many during pre-purchase.

Looking from outside MOBILIO looks more promising, also it is a great car.

Coming to your point, if you cant wait due to some problem then you can buy immediately, as any discount cannot settle down your urge. Buying an autotranny would be great for bumper to bumper traffic but you will have to compromise on FE.

Always try to buy a variant with ABS+EBD and minimum dual Airbag, coz nothing could compromise on family safety.

I am not sure whether Honda will give any freebies for Amaze and Mobilio, but still you can ask for it.

Ask the dealer, if you can book a car in December end and get RTO registered in January.

Top Bottom