Planning to buy a family car as our Swift is not enough spacy to have our entire family in. We did test drive of Innova/Mobilio/Ertiga. It is Innova without any dispute has own our heart so far. As I like force packages, I am suggesting to try Force one as well. This week we will be having a test drive. Before that Auto guru's can share their opinion on these cars. First let me list our requirements.
1) Family of 6 - One well built adult (My father in Law
), 3 Adults, 2 kids.
2) It should be spacious, even the third row should accommodate normal adult (I am 5'5")
/EBS is must. As have decided the GX version of Toyota Airbags can be compromised. Breaks should be of top notch.
4) Maintainability, Resale and Serviceability
5) Highway:City is 50:50
6) Only Diesel
7) MID/ACC are must (toyota GX no automatic), . Where as other electronics gimmicks of XUV kinds are not a must, if it is there well and good.
8) Comfort and handling are 5 star must.
9) Need a pleasant drive across all terrain - City, village, high ways. Transmission should be smooth all the way up and down, Turbo lag should be of acceptable limit.
10) We lie cruising not racing. Hence no peppy engine is required. A smooth, progressive engine is fine so that a good fuel economy is assured.
11) Looks are not a deal breaker. We are more of Utilitarian than of show casing.
12) Fit Finish should be acceptable and long lasting.
13) Audio system quality (GX Toyota doesn't come with audio system)
14) Any relevant Safety features between Force and Toyota that could be considered as a deal breaker for example the GOA body of Toyota and High tensile export Body panels of Force.
15) No need to say it should be family friendly and elders should be able to ingress egress easily.
As per our test drive with Toyota GX, most of the boxes it ticks 'yes'.
What We didn't like:
No Cruise Control
No Automatic AC
Mild body roll (acceptable though)
Please share your experience and thoughts and help me make wise decision.
Thanks in Advance.