Force One or Toyota Innova?

Thread Starter #1
Dear All,

Planning to buy a family car as our Swift is not enough spacy to have our entire family in. We did test drive of Innova/Mobilio/Ertiga. It is Innova without any dispute has own our heart so far. As I like force packages, I am suggesting to try Force one as well. This week we will be having a test drive. Before that Auto guru's can share their opinion on these cars. First let me list our requirements.

1) Family of 6 - One well built adult (My father in Law [:D]), 3 Adults, 2 kids.

2) It should be spacious, even the third row should accommodate normal adult (I am 5'5")

3) ABS/EBD/EBS is must. As have decided the GX version of Toyota Airbags can be compromised. Breaks should be of top notch.

4) Maintainability, Resale and Serviceability

5) Highway:City is 50:50

6) Only Diesel

7) MID/ACC are must (toyota GX no automatic), . Where as other electronics gimmicks of XUV kinds are not a must, if it is there well and good.

8) Comfort and handling are 5 star must.

9) Need a pleasant drive across all terrain - City, village, high ways. Transmission should be smooth all the way up and down, Turbo lag should be of acceptable limit.

10) We lie cruising not racing. Hence no peppy engine is required. A smooth, progressive engine is fine so that a good fuel economy is assured.

11) Looks are not a deal breaker. We are more of Utilitarian than of show casing.

12) Fit Finish should be acceptable and long lasting.

13) Audio system quality (GX Toyota doesn't come with audio system)

14) Any relevant Safety features between Force and Toyota that could be considered as a deal breaker for example the GOA body of Toyota and High tensile export Body panels of Force.

15) No need to say it should be family friendly and elders should be able to ingress egress easily.

As per our test drive with Toyota GX, most of the boxes it ticks 'yes'.

What We didn't like:
No Cruise Control
Noisy engine
Mild vibration
No Automatic AC
No EBS/EBD
Mild body roll (acceptable though)

Please share your experience and thoughts and help me make wise decision.

Thanks in Advance.

Do consider Tata ARIA Pleasure variant. Except for Automatic AC, you will get all the features you have listed.
And the ride quality over all kinds of roads is excellent. Fuel economy is excellent for its class.
Last row is suitable for adults till 5'10.

I am using it for last 6 months, and its super comfortable in cities as well as highways.

Rightly said, Tata ARIA is a very good and competent vehicle its suits all your needs. But Force one is also looking good in that price range, not sure about the service and maintanaince.

Are if you can wait for some more time you may get safari with 3rd row facing seats(might be rumours)

Thread Starter #4
Do consider Tata ARIA Pleasure variant. Except for Automatic AC, you will get all the features you have listed.
And the ride quality over all kinds of roads is excellent. Fuel economy is excellent for its class.
Last row is suitable for adults till 5'10.

I am using it for last 6 months, and its super comfortable in cities as well as highways.
True Aria is one fantastic vehicle to give tough competition to Toyota. Interms of Safety features it is even better. But the biggest deal breaker is 'TATA' itself. The pathetic service experience and inconsistant product quality I read everywhere makes me give TATA a big 'Ta' 'Ta'.

My Father use to own a Tata Indica. Though a rugged vehicle but every long drive comes along with maintenance cost. For the same reputation of TATA, My Family on my very first suggestion of Aria node their head in negative. not even ready to give a humble heed.

Thread Starter #5
But Force one is also looking good in that price range, not sure about the service and maintanaince.
(might be rumours)
Yes this one area concerns me a lot about Force. Any pointers could speedup the decision making though [;)]

//8) Comfort and handling are 5 star must.

9) Need a pleasant drive across all terrain - City, village, high ways. Transmission should be smooth all the way up and down, Turbo lag should be of acceptable limit.

// How good Aria and Safari in these areas?

Safari is difficult to ingree/egress for elders right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Since Aria is left out (which is the best except the badge but now they are light years ahead from the Indica era ) go for Innova buddy .
Force one not sure how long they will survive .
Since you are looking for a 6 seater safari or XUV wont do much good (but this is my opinion! experts may differ.)

Last edited:
Hi may I know you budget? Well if possible why don't you look at the new Scorpio? There are several ownership reviews and several variants to choose from. Or if you find budget a constraint then i can suggest some little mileage Second hand cars. Please do tell me. Please do not go with a Force. They are good as commercial vehicles but bad as private ones. After sales value is nearly 0 and with a wafer thin dealer network it isn't gonna win any prizes.

Last edited by a moderator:
go for tata aria pleasure or pride
i got aria pride 2 month before
and i enjoyed ride even very bed roads
aria pleasure and pride also got 4 star in global ncap rating
150bhp+320nm torque
good stability on highway on 150km/h speed

Thread Starter #10
Hi may I know you budget? Well if possible why don't you look at the new Scorpio? There are several ownership reviews and several variants to choose from.
The budget is max 15Lakhs. Scorpio may not suite for My parants and in laws. we need airy comfort like in Endevor (my brother in law had one) and space like Innova/Force one/Aria. Also Scorpio/XUV ride quality is sub bar compared to Innova/Force one/Aria. I belive they are of different league.

Or if you find budget a constraint then i can suggest some little mileage Second hand cars. Please do tell me. Please do not go with a Force. They are good as commercial vehicles but bad as private ones. After sales value is nearly 0 and with a wafer thin dealer network it isn't gonna win any prizes.
Thanks. Our Family wouldn't prefer used cars. My likings are different I have a Gurkha for my needs in my Mind, that is a different story all togather.

aria pleasure and pride also got 4 star in global ncap rating
That is tempting. Also I saw accident images of Aria in the 'So called' other forum. Aria is a solid built, sure shot winner in this aspect. Innova is hideous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadumedu
4) Maintainability, Resale and Serviceability

If this point couldn't be relaxed, go for Innova with blind eyes. Or else as suggested by others Aria is the best bet.
I don't think so. My bargain for Force one to convince my family is the price difference between Innova and Force one can be adjusted on Resale value. Reliability and serviceability is 100% must. As I may not be maintaining this vehicle and Wify/Mother in law will be doing. Hence hassle free servive experience is a must.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadumedu
Breaks should be of top notch.

Brakes?
Ya.[clap] it is brakes. Typo [embarass]

Since Aria is left out (which is the best except the badge but now they are light years ahead from the Indica era ) go for Innova buddy .
Already family is decided for Innova. It is me holding them to try othe options like Aria/Force one.

Force one not sure how long they will survive
I wish Force one live long. I personally believe Gurkha and Force one are high potential game changers.

Reliability and serviceability is 100% must ... hassle free service experience is a must ... Already family is decided for Innova ...
Bro, just read what I've chosen to retain from your post. Haven't you realised that YOU have answered your question ?

JUST BUY INNOVA, Man, if you want to live peacefully[lol]. Irritation due to accessories, like MID, AC and whatnot can be tinkered with, in one way or other.

bhvm

Honoured Member
I'll say NO to Both.
Force one is a dead horse and is just a matter of time before it will be out of production. also Force Service is pathetic.

Innova is a damm taxi, Noisy engine, Small wheels, Poor performance, too common, Long gearbox and totally outdated MID

I;ll suggest take a close look at XUV 500, safari Storme or new Scorpio.
Also try Honda Mobilio or Ertiga if you want smaller footprint.

A used fortuner maybe in your budget, it has the space and comfort but not much features.

I understand you fixed Innova in yond and still trying to find a better buy[;)]. Why don't you consider Xylo in the race. All ticks would mark in your checklist if buying king of UV's innova. ForceOne is one good package but only a good highway commuter struggles in city like chennai and resale value is very bad. You can get a used ForceOne of 5.5L here.

1) Family of 6 - One well built adult (My father in Law ), 3 Adults, 2 kids.
for comfortable long drive with 6 person
innova and aria is the best option
innove doest have extra boot space there according to perfomance innova has 2499 c.c engine but bhp and torque low compare to aria

Thread Starter #15
Bro, just read what I've chosen to retain from your post. Haven't you realised that YOU have answered your question ?

JUST BUY INNOVA, Man, if you want to live peacefully[lol]. Irritation due to accessories, like MID, AC and whatnot can be tinkered with, in one way or other.
Yes I have realized [clap]. Family had got the final say. It is Innova.

I'll say NO to Both.
Force one is a dead horse and is just a matter of time before it will be out of production. also Force Service is pathetic.

Innova is a damm taxi, Noisy engine, Small wheels, Poor performance, too common, Long gearbox and totally outdated MID
I am more prone to basics of a vehicle and much bothered about electronics as far as they serve the basic needs. I believe the Innova MID will give me the fuel economy details is what I may look for. And My Family never bother about all these. they want comfort, safe hassle free ride and experience.

Both Force one/Innova fill this requirement except Force yet to gain its reliability.

I;ll suggest take a close look at XUV 500, safari Storme or new Scorpio.
Also try Honda Mobilio or Ertiga if you want smaller footprint.
IMHO Mahindra basics are not up to mark except the engine. And specific to these vehicles - they are entirely different league - performance vehicle not family comfort vehicle. Ofcourse, people use different cup and mix for their Tea. My cup of tea is not these vehicles. [:)]

A used fortuner maybe in your budget, it has the space and comfort but not much features.
Ride comfort of Fortuner is stiff is what I heard. If We consider our experience with Endevor Suspension, we would say no to fortuner.

I understand you fixed Innova in yond and still trying to find a better buy. Why don't you consider Xylo in the race. All ticks would mark in your checklist if buying king of UV's innova. ForceOne is one good package but only a good highway commuter struggles in city like chennai and resale value is very bad. You can get a used ForceOne of 5.5L here.
Infact I didn't fix anything in my mind when opened this post. I was open to suggestion. Unfortunately the requirement what I am looking for has very few offerings - Innova/Force One/Aria. Aria I rejected on first place. Now I am convinced Force one can be my choice but not my family choice. Hence an Innova seems the bet.

We are yet to make the booking hence anyone feels there is a potent alternate option please feel free to share.

Top Bottom