Hi Mr.Type-R,Long Time since I have spoken to you !
My Opinion - How about your Good Ol' Tizzy (Matiz) ?
First off,People will definitly think If I have lost my mind but eh..... The Thing is this Idea might save you alot of Money.Remember my Matiz Craziness ?
Yup,It's still there ! I was waiting for such a Thread to arrive.If you can,Please post some Pictures of your Tizzy so that I can have a better Idea of the Condish of your Tizzy.My Idea will cost you lesser than Rs.50,000.This is the frame of my Idea
1) Restoration Total - Rs.50,000.Complete Work Listed below
a) Body,Wheels and Frame: Complete Disassembly upto Bare Frame,Surface Rust and
Holes Removal,Tinkering,Anti-Rust Proofing,Triple-Layer
Dust Coating,Triple Layer Painting,Wash,Wax and Polish
from 3M,Bumper Paint,Denting,Rusted Nuts,Bolts
Change,Wheel Balancing,Wheel Alignment
Wheel Rim Bend,Rust,Corrosion Removal and Black
Coating with New Daewoo Wheel Caps and a Spare
Wheel,Nitrogen Filled,New 'Daewoo' and 'Matiz' Logo
S.P.I.C.E Sticker !
b) Interior : Refurbishing,Restoring Plastic Knobs,Board and Icons,Speedo,Odo,Fuel
Meter Fixing and Aligning,Seats and Interior Roof Stain Removal,New Seat
Covers (Optional),Boot Space Lamp LED and Interior Lamp LED,Dead Pedal
or Clutch Foot Rest
Oil Removal,Engine De-carbonizing,Valves,Head
Gasket,Spark Plug,Piston Cleaning,Timing Belt
Cleaning and Checking,Complete Re-Assembling,
Air Intake,Fuel Intake,Fuel Sprayers,Injectors,Filter
Cleaning,Exhaust Checking and Cleaning,A new LPG
or CNG Kit (Optional),Fuel Tank Cleaning and Top-
up,Brake Fluid Change (Top Up),Brake Pad
Change,Brake Discs Rust,Dent,Corrossion,Bend
Removal,Rear Brake Drum Black Paint
d) Electricals (Lights,Wires.etc) : Complete ECU Checking,Re-Setting,Error Code
Cleaning,Complete Wiring,Check and Replace
Cut,Loose,Damaged Wires,Complete Bulbs,Lamps
Checking and Replace Dead ones,Alternator Upgrade
(From Waggy),Headlamp,Tail-lamp Restoration,Car
Battery Full Recharge or New Battery (Optional),LED
Front Indicators (Optional)
e) Power Steering : You can get a Used One from a Scrapped Matiz for Under Rs.15,000.It will cost you Rs.2000 to fit.
That's It ! I am telling you,Sir.Spares are NOT a Problem,Repeat,NOT a Problem ! Atleast for the next 5 Years
The Advantage of My Idea :
1) More Mileage : I am assuring you that she will give more than 18 Kmp/l in City with A/C On and More than 20 in the Highways
2) Cute looks,Awesome Head-turner : Is a Sure Different Car in your College.You are all set for keeping Eyes of man onto your Beautiful 'Tizzy
3) Small Outside,Big Inside : Will be easier to drive Around slow crawling Traffic,Easier To Park where the Big Guys would think Twice
4) First Matiz in TAI
,First Restoration in India : Won't it feel good to be the first in doing something ?
5) Spares are Available : You,Sir live in Noida right ? You can get the Whole new Engine of a Matiz in Noida ! (Birthplace of Daewoo India)
6 ) Powerful A/C : Used to beat some cars a Segment higher
7) Awesome Handling : The Powerful Strut Braces all set for some serious Cornering
8) 5 Star Safety Rating : Remember the Matiz was the Safest Car in India and Whole Europe.
9) A Charecter,Happy front Facia : Definitly the One everybody was talking about back then
10) Many Mechs are available in Noida for Matiz : (If lucky,even a 'Daewoo worker-turned-Mechanic' Mechanic can help you out)
It's my 500th Post and was waiting for such a Thread to Arrive ! Thanks
I am sorry If I hurt through my words in this Reply
I hope you will consider my Option
Some Photos of Well Matintained 'Tizzys for you,Mr.Type-R.