Sold My Wagon-R. Need Help in Selecting a New Car

Thread Starter #1
I finally sold my old wagonr. Now which one to go for swift or polo?

Can anyone tell the on road price of polo and swift zxi comes with pre installed music system. Will it be good or should i go with vdi and get aftermarket music system? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: new car help

New swift is expected to launch with features like Button Start/Stop, Reverse Parking Sensors,Key-less Entry. Although these features might be in ZXI/ZDI version, but there might be something for VXI/VDI versions as well. Just do some research as to when is it getting launched. POLO is good to drive but high on maintenance & parts are costly is what i have heard from my friends.

Re: new car help

Take my word! If you have used WagonR, you will not be satisfied with Polo due to limited space availability. Off course WagonR is no match for Polo when it comes to the drivability and quality, but then Polo is a premium hatch and WagonR a budget one.

What is the budget you are looking at? Petrol Or Diesel? And are you looking at hatchback only? If not, Zest & Xcent are good options as well. Grand i10 is also a good car with lot of features if hatch is what you want!

Last edited:
Re: Sold my Wagon R, Need help in selecting new car

hi finally sold my old wagonr
Congrats
which 1 to go for swift or polo
No one here could get you a perfect choice except yourself. Each one of us have our own requirement and wish.
can any1 tell the on road price of polo and swift zxi comes with pre installed music system.
Your nearest dealer should be able to give the exact figures (along with current deals and offers)
swift zxi comes with pre installed music system.will it be good or should i go with vdi and get aftermarket music system thanks
Decide your requirement (petrol / diesel)

Some basic data required to suggest
- Budget
- Usage pattern
- specific requirements (Performance / efficiency / features)

Thread Starter #5

Congrats

No one here could get you a perfect choice except yourself. Each one of us have our own requirement and wish.

Your nearest dealer should be able to give the exact figures (along with current deals and offers)

Decide your requirement (petrol / diesel)

Some basic data required to suggest
- Budget
- Usage pattern
- specific requirements (Performance / efficiency / features)
thanks all for replying budget is 6.50lac need only hatchback and wagonr really suck at pickup .now, what is the difference btn. wagon r and swift pickup in swift does ac effect pickup and yes what about top model`s music system? thanks

If you can stretch budget a bit max 30-40k why don't you consider Tata zest petrol top end variant .At least it deserves a test drive . Might also change perception towards tata brand.

Looking at your budget, my pick would be 'Hyundai Grand i10 Asta' which is top variant in petrol. OTR would be around 6.6 lakhs I guess, but better check at dealer for discounts.
Pros: Nice design, Best-in-class interior design, Best-in-class fit & finish, superb feature list, good mileage, Good ASS of Hyundai.
Cons: Engine not for enthusiasts, average handling

You may want to wait for Swift update later this month, and I heard that some dealers have already stock of this face lifted Swift.
Pros: Sporty Design, Proven Car, good feature list, superb handling
Cons: Too many Swifts on road (I hope, you got my point [;)]), performance at low RPM (may get resolved with new update.. Lets wait)

Another car you can try is 'Tata Zest-Revotron 1.2T XMS'
Pros: New car (you see!), One of the best petrol engine, loaded with features (yes including ABS-EBD & Air Bags), Sedan (even though sub 4 mtr)
Cons: Reliability yet to be proven, Tata ASS (they will improve it eventually)

These points may help you, but at the end take TD and decide yourself looking at your requirements. All the best!

Thread Starter #8

hi thnx all but i cant go for sedan as it wont fit in my house wagonr can come in my home so no sedan only hatchback is the option i actually like only swift so1. does it go down with ac and does it start moving without giving race in first gear with no burden at all?
2.top model`s music system good or average? sorry for english

@Tusharbhai:
If you want a car with good pickup and overall performance, space and of course reliability then I have a suggestion for you. A car that can beat a Swift any day and any time and will satisfy all your needs. A car which runs AC like its a joke and is mad to accelerate in any gear.
It offers the FE that can rival that of Swift and offer a bulletproof reliability.

But all this will come at the cost of some unconventional looking interior.

If you are ready then go and buy a Toyota Liva 1.5 TRD Sportivo, if driving experience, ease of driving(on hills, highways and cities) is in your top priorities, then nothin can satisfy you more than this car for the money you want to spend.
This car gets a decent music system, space is way better than that in Swift but the engine is a gem.

Hi Tusharbhai.

The Swift Zxi costs Rs. 6.23 Lacs On-Road in Faridabad. My friend just picked up one from Faridabad (Vipul Motors) and he is impressed with the car.

I have also driven the car. It comes with factory-fitted ICE (2DIN HU, Components and Rear Speakers) with Aux and USB. The VDi's price was around 20,000 more than Zxi but my friend's running was low and he opted for the Swift Zxi.

The pickup is okay-okay. The diesel offers better pickup but would be costly also. There is no effect (or negligible) of AC on pickup and acceleration.

The music system is good by OEM standards and if you are not an audiophile, you won't find a need to upgrade.

And yes, it does start moving with no race in 1st. and reverse gears ONLY if you lift the clutch slowly and NOT all of a sudden. But, the speed is crawling speed and around 5 kmph.

I would say, buy the Swift Zxi and be a happy customer. My friend is very happy with the car. However, I found the engine to be a bit slow in low RPMs and gets to life at higher RPMs. But, I would not say it is slow as I achieved 20-80 kmph in 2nd gear in a quick time.

In Faridabad, the Etios Liva G costs 5,27,000 on road and the Beat LT Option costs around 5,12,000. The Ritz would have lots of discounts and would be priced lower than the Swift.

thanks bro can u tell me more about music system is it loud and clear on higher volumes
Are you buying the car or the music system?

To be crisp, no stock music system / speakers of sub 10L cars in India can match the performance of aftermarket products. If 'X' car could satisfy your needs, cost of music system will be just a fraction of what you pay for the car. Throw off the stock system and upgrade with a better one.

If you are still more concerned about the swift ICE,
- Fiat owner will jump in joy once he use Swift audio
- Ford user will curse it as a crap
- Best bet will be walk down yourself to MS showroom to understand the fact

Thread Starter #14
Hi Tusharbhai.

The Swift Zxi costs Rs. 6.23 Lacs On-Road in Faridabad. My friend just picked up one from Faridabad (Vipul Motors) and he is impressed with the car.

I have also driven the car. It comes with factory-fitted ICE (2DIN HU, Components and Rear Speakers) with Aux and USB. The VDi's price was around 20,000 more than Zxi but my friend's running was low and he opted for the Swift Zxi.

The pickup is okay-okay. The diesel offers better pickup but would be costly also. There is no effect (or negligible) of AC on pickup and acceleration.

The music system is good by OEM standards and if you are not an audiophile, you won't find a need to upgrade.

And yes, it does start moving with no race in 1st. and reverse gears ONLY if you lift the clutch slowly and NOT all of a sudden. But, the speed is crawling speed and around 5 kmph.

I would say, buy the Swift Zxi and be a happy customer. My friend is very happy with the car. However, I found the engine to be a bit slow in low RPMs and gets to life at higher RPMs. But, I would not say it is slow as I achieved 20-80 kmph in 2nd gear in a quick time.

In Faridabad, the Etios Liva G costs 5,27,000 on road and the Beat LT Option costs around 5,12,000. The Ritz would have lots of discounts and would be priced lower than the Swift.
hi i think diesel will be good for pickup with no problem at all in 1st gear :)

Top Bottom