Safety Hatchback in Petrol Under Rs.5 Lac

Thread Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Myself from Chennai planning to buy a new hatchback with safety features under 5 lac.
My options are
1. Micra Active XVS
2. Maruti Celerio
3. Grand i10
4. Etios Liva

Looking for your suggestion.

Thanks
Raman

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Safety Hatchback in Petrol under 5 lac

Etios liva and grand i10 will be out of budget.

You can get wagonR vxi with airbags and abs for 4.3 ex showroom which will come a little below 5 lakhs without discounts.

2. Celerio zxi opt - 4.8 lakhs with abs and airbags. This would come around 5.5 lakhs but with discounts you can get near 5.3 lakhs.
Same price for ritz.

3. Ritz vxi abs - 4.8 lakhs with abs , no airbags. But a more powerful engine than the wagonR and the celerio.

So i'll suggest go visit a maruti dealership and compare all 3 cars.

Sir,May I know why isn't the Chevy Beat ? I highly recommend you to go to Chevy's Showroom and Test-drive the Beat.It is known to be one of the Safest hatchback in India under 5 Lakhs.Remember the Old Matiz ? Yes,Same Formula ! One more thing is,The Ritz is going to be phased out soon whereas the Beat isn't going to be Phased out.

Thread Starter #4
Thanks for your information.

Ritz and Beat - not considered mainly for its look, which i dont like.

Celerio - May be considered. but still engine performance is not well known.

WagonR - Tall boy....

How about Micra Active XVS.... any buyer from Chennai... can share their experience....

@Raman:
For your budget, you have less choices but I am glad to know that you decided to keep safety above all. Taking safety into equation, we are left with a few options(with best compromise of everything):

Wagon R VXi: Decent car overall, very practical for sure.
Celerio ZXi: Decent car with acceptable performance.

My recommendation would be with the Celerio. It's a much more stable vehicle than the WagonR, and being lighter you also get better performance and mileage from it than you would with a WagonR.

One big thing I can't understand is,The Thread starter wants the Safest Hatchback under 5 lakhs and Why is he ready to buy a Wagon R or the Celerio ? Please understand,Even if you have Airbags,ABS.etc,Nothing is gonna save you,If you have a very weak Structural stability,Design and Rigidity.That's why I am recommending a Beat.

One big thing I can't understand is,The Thread starter wants the Safest Hatchback under 5 lakhs and Why is he ready to buy a Wagon R or the Celerio ? Please understand,Even if you have Airbags,ABS.etc,Nothing is gonna save you,If you have a very weak Structural stability,Design and Rigidity.That's why I am recommending a Beat.
Hello Bharath, You might be right here but can you quote the source which says Beat has better build quality compared to competition. I am not vouching for Maruti as i understand that their build quality is not that great. Beat is a good vehicle no doubt but it provides less leg room for rear seat travelers, less boot space and less resale value. So when you take all these factors into account Wagon R or Celerio becomes VFM.

Top Bottom